Windows 10: Could you please make bluetooth optional for the Your Phone app's calling features? I...

Discus and support Could you please make bluetooth optional for the Your Phone app's calling features? I... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I can connect my Bluetooth headset directly to my mobile, why would I connect to phone calls using my PC? I don't see a great reason for this to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NaveenThomas2, May 5, 2021.

1. Could you please make bluetooth optional for the Your Phone app's calling features? I...

If I can connect my Bluetooth headset directly to my mobile, why would I connect to phone calls using my PC? I don't see a great reason for this to be the only option and if it is, it's redundant. I prefer wired headset or speaker/mic with PC and it would be convenient if Bluetooth is optional and wired headset can work with the Your Phone app.

:)

NaveenThomas2, May 5, 2021
  2. bradavon Win User

Your Phone App: Ringtone and Call quality terrible?

Hi,

Anyone help with this? Thanks.

Windows 10 version: 1909 (Build: 18363.815)
    Your Phone App version: 1.20041.85.0
    Your Phone Companion Link to Windows app version: 1.20041.82.0
    Link to Windows Service version: 1.0.5.2.30

Samsung Galaxy S10: Android 10 / OneUI 2.1

It worked fine using my Surface Pro 4 but on my new Surface Pro X the Ringtone and Call Quality through the Your Phone app are terrible: Constant crackling, tapping whatever you want to call it. Kind of like coins being dropped.

All other aspects of Your Phone work wonderfully.

I've tried:

Phone:

1. Bluetooth: Unpairing the Surface Pro X
    2. Your Phone Companion App: Clearing Application Data/Cache
    Surface Pro X:

1. Settings -> Bluetooth: Unpairing the phone
    2. Settings -> Phone: Unlinking the phone
    3. Settings -> Apps: Your Phone App: Repair and Reset
    I then set it all up again which went through all fine.

I've also tried:

1. Device Manager -> All Bluetooth Drivers -> Update Driver
    2. Paired a Bluetooth speaker to my Surface Pro X. This works fine.
    I suspect the issue is related to the Your Phone App and Bluetooth but don't know where to check next?

Because the crackling noise seems to be bluetooth related.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?

Thanks

bradavon, May 5, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows 10 Your Phone app Calls feature now in general availability

Hello Drew, *Smile

It seems I have the Calls feature (still in preview) available for my S9. Possibly still A/B testing for Insiders.

It is the Phone screen feature that will only be available for:

• Samsung Galaxy Fold
    • Samsung Galaxy Note 10/ Note 10+
    • Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e
    • Samsung Galaxy A30s/A50s/A90

Could you please make bluetooth optional for the Your Phone app's calling features? I... [​IMG]

Brink, May 5, 2021
  4. Could you please make bluetooth optional for the Your Phone app's calling features? I...

Making Bluetooth phone calls

To anyone who may be reading this now, this is a software problem with WIDCOMM. It does not support phone audio on Windows 8 or later. Notice how all of the screenshots showing this feature have the Windows 7 style.
    I have purchased a CSR based bluetooth device that came with a CSR Harmony software disk and after installing it I was able to use the Hands-Free audio service to use my computer headset with my phone.
    The service is a bit limited. There is no interface to place calls from the computer, but once an outbound call has been made from the phone, the Hands-Free interface will work.
    Specifically, I purchased the Zexmte Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter, able to be found on Amazon.
    EDIT: Additional warning: This software is very temperamental. There are certain procedures you have to follow to pair the devices and reconnect them, or the drivers will literally break and the Bluetooth radio will not function until the CSR Harmony software is completely reinstalled.
    To pair devices, one must use the CSR Harmony interface. Double click the bluetooth icon in the system tray to open the interface. Click "Add Device" and click the phone option. Use this dialogue to pair the devices. Initializing pairing from the phone has given me severe problems.
    On the other hand, once the phone is paired with the computer, subsequent disconnection and reconnection should be done from your phone. Do not use the CSR Harmony interface to connect and disconnect the phone, as this will crash the drivers, requiring re-installation thereof.
    One last word of advice: it's a good idea to disable the "Media Audio" service through your phone's bluetooth paired device settings, so that you are not annoyed by the media player that will automatically pop-up upon connection if this setting is enabled.

HighResolutionS, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Could you please make bluetooth optional for the Your Phone app's calling features? I...

1. Could you please make bluetooth optional for the Your Phone app's calling features? I... - Similar Threads - please bluetooth optional

2. Your Phone App: "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone App: "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls": I keep getting this error while trying to make calls, before someone copy-pastes what the trouble shooter page says, I've already uninstalled those apps and am unsure of what could be causing it....
  3. Your Phone App: "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App: "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls": I keep getting this error while trying to make calls, before someone copy-pastes what the trouble shooter page says, I've already uninstalled those apps and am unsure of what could be causing it....
  4. Your Phone apps prevent you from making calls

Your Phone apps prevent you from making calls: Hi, I cannot make calls in the Your Phone app. I keep getting the message 'Youhave apps installed that prevent you from making calls' but I have no other apps on my computer like PhoneWise or Dell Mobile Connect. PhoneWise was preinstalled, but it is now uninstalled. What...
  5. Your Phone App - bluetooth drops when making calls

Your Phone App - bluetooth drops when making calls: Hi All I´ve configured Your Phone App to make calls from the computer and it works great as long I don´t have a Bluetooth headset connected to the computer. While with wired headset and during the call I see on the phone that audio is being forward via BT to the computer...
  6. Cannot Make Call with Your Phone App

Cannot Make Call with Your Phone App: My your phone app is working i'm not getting the option to call in it and even it is connected to my phone [Original Title: Your phone app] * Moved from Research...
  7. Calling features not available on Your Phone app

Calling features not available on Your Phone app: I've updated my Your Phone app but cannot see the new calling feature. I have a phone running Android 8.1 Oreo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calling-features-not-available-on-your-phone-app/ba5416bc-a3b8-4b85-bc28-fbf4bd7ae506
  8. "Call" feature in Your Phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Call" feature in Your Phone: Hello! Recently my phone got updated to Android 10 and Windows Your Phone app showed me that I can now call and dial through it. Made a restart to my pc and this feature dissapeared but somehow I can answer the phone through PC and Your Phone app. Is it some kind of a bug...
  9. Will the 'Your Phone' app calls feature work with a USB bluetooth adapter?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will the 'Your Phone' app calls feature work with a USB bluetooth adapter?: I love the Your Phone app, especially the screen mirroring. I recently learned you can now set up calls to route to the Your Phone app, as long as the PC has bluetooth. When I built my PC I bought a z270a without bluetooth, so if I get one of those usb adapters will it work...
  10. Calling feature on the Your Phone App

Calling feature on the Your Phone App: Has anyone received the new calling feature on your phone app in the stable versions of windows? I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 . But haven't received the feature. https://twitter.com/windowsinsider/status/1204869547552993280...