Windows 10: Could you stop installing programs and flicking switches during updates?

Discus and support Could you stop installing programs and flicking switches during updates? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; With each update, I'm tired of having to uninstall programs which I do not want on my PC and have already removed previously. Edge is a prime candidate... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bradmonk, Sep 7, 2020.

1. bradmonk Win User

Could you stop installing programs and flicking switches during updates?

With each update, I'm tired of having to uninstall programs which I do not want on my PC and have already removed previously. Edge is a prime candidate here. I don't want to use it because it is inferior to Vivaldi in every capacity. Stop reinstalling it.

A 'Camera' application has appeared. My PC does not have a camera and I cannot remove this app.

Cortana also reappeared on my task bar, again. I like Cortana in Halo. I do not like Cortana in Windows. Please give me the option to remove it.

Also, I have noticed after the most recent update that there are a lot of 'privacy' switches which have been set back to on. I make it so that I do not send any information back to Microsoft whatsoever, and that I lock down the OS from anything accessing it without my permission. However, again with updates these data harvesti... sorry, 'features' have been re-enabled. Could you also stop this?

:)

bradmonk, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Pen flicks won't work at all for me after the fall update.

Hi Brown,

One possible reason why pen flicks won't work after the update is due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to properly set flick settings:

• Press Windows key + x, and select Control Panel.
    • Open Pen and Touch applet.
    • Touch the Flicks tab.
    • Ensure that the Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily is checked.
    • Set the Sensitivity slider to the left (Relaxed).
    • Touch Apply and OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Pen flicks won't work at all for me after the fall update.

We appreciated your response. To further assist you, we'd like to know the troubleshooting steps you've done aside from the we've provided.

In the meantime, you may try the following these steps below to troubleshoot your concern:

• Open Control Panel > Mobile PC > Pen and Input Devices.
    • On the Flicks tab, make sure you have selected the check box next to
      Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily
    • Use your finger or Stylus Pen instead of your Mouse.
    • Click the Pen Flicks icon on the taskbar to view the active directions you have selected for Navigational Flicks.
    • Use the Touch or Pen Flick on an application to confirm that Touch or Stylus Pen Flicks are working.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Missing Flicks Tab

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the steps below to disable flicks.

• Open control panel by searching on the start menu.
    • Change View type to Small icons.
    • Click on Pen and Touch.
    • Under Flicks tab uncheck
      Use flicks to perform common action quickly and easily

If you are still not able to find the options, try to update the pen drivers from the manufacturer website.

If you have a Surface pen, you can try to
    surface pen troubleshooting

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Could you stop installing programs and flicking switches during updates? - Similar Threads - stop installing programs

2. Stop Slideshow During Full Screen Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Slideshow During Full Screen Program: I play a video game and have my desktop background set to slideshow. The desktop background changing can cause lag or other interference in the game and I would like a way to prevent this without needing to go into my personalization settings each time I play my game. Is...
  3. Stop Slideshow During Full Screen Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Slideshow During Full Screen Program: I play a video game and have my desktop background set to slideshow. The desktop background changing can cause lag or other interference in the game and I would like a way to prevent this without needing to go into my personalization settings each time I play my game. Is...
  4. Windows could not format a partition during windows installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows could not format a partition during windows installation: Due to some problems, I tried to clean install windows. After deleting all partitions when I clicked next, I got this error:Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the computer's system volume. Error code: 0x80070057.Then I tried to...
  5. How to you stop a specific update from installing

How to you stop a specific update from installing: I have several computers that were effected by the March critical update released on March 9th effecting users printing to copiers. I have uninstalled the update several times and Windows keeps reinstalling them. How can I target a specific update not to reinstall?...
  6. The updates could not be installed?

The updates could not be installed?: I've had the same thing on my laptop for an hour and nothing is happening. I'm afraid I don't know what to do about that. Anybody got any ideas? [ATTACH] Die Updates konnten nicht eingerichtet werden?
  7. What could be the reason for windows restarting during a program installation?

What could be the reason for windows restarting during a program installation?: Hello I have the following problem recently As soon as I install a program that simply restarts windows a few seconds later. No matter if it is Norton or graphic drivers or lastly during the installation of origin. Windows is already freshly set up. Memtest...
  8. Files and Programs During Updates

Files and Programs During Updates: Can I keep my files and programs that I had before after updating to Windows 10 1903. And I haven't been able to find any answers that actually answer my questions and allay my fears.............
  9. Could not install updates

Could not install updates: My computer was stuck on "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer" and went through this sequence and restart several times until I used my tablet to search for answers, which was basically to just break into it with the Windows Key and...
  10. BSOD During Installation of Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD During Installation of Programs: So I started receiving BSOD's and crashes a week ago on computer wake up and bootup so I decided to update my drivers using IOBIT Driver Booster. However during the installation of the various drivers, I got a BSOD and when I restarted my synaptics trackpad no longer worked....