Windows 10: "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness.

Discus and support "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Fresh install. Enabled almost eveything on ShutUp10. Disabled most built-in win 10 privacy settings and turned off xbox service in msconfig. every blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trashman123, Nov 8, 2019.

1. "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness.

Fresh install. Enabled almost eveything on ShutUp10. Disabled most built-in win 10 privacy settings and turned off xbox service in msconfig. every blue moon the "We couldn't complete the changes" error comes to haunt me. Bootloops 3 or 4 times then FINALLY goes back to normal. Searched around, tried disabling some things in task scheduler but it didn't work. Also tried deleting everything in SoftwareDistribution folder but it comes back.

Now I was cleaning my temp folder and a folder with a random string separated by - was there. dismhost.exe inside along with a bunch of other files. Tried deleting it, comes back. Searched around, tried disabling some things in task sechduler, didn't work.

Any help? I swear to god if I get the bootloop again I'm going to throw my computer off a cliff.

:)

Trashman123, Nov 8, 2019

2. Dismhost exe in Temp folder

I keep seeing that a random folder appearing in my Temp folder, folder name is very random with words and mixed numbers. Inside, there is a certain exe named "Dismhost" this pops up almost like every two days or so. Is this normal? I already scanned my computer
    with Malwarebytes with hidden files enabled, found nothing. I always delete that random folder but it keep coming back.

Win10 64 professional 1803

Dismhost exe have "Microsoft Windows" sha1 and sha256 digital signature that signed in april 2018

Any way to stop this from happening?

Pagefile'sys, Nov 8, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 8, 2019
  4. "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness.

I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

"Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness.

1. "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness. - Similar Threads - Couldn't complete changes

2. Windows couldn't complete updates undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows couldn't complete updates undoing changes: Whenever I try to update my computer which is a dell OptiPlex 9020 it says Windows couldn't complete updates undoing changes and then after that it restarts but after that it gets frozen on dell startup screen...
  3. We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes: Hello, For the past week or so i have been attempting to update my Windows 10 PC. I have enough drive space for the updateWhenever the update restarts it simply just says reverting changes,I have tried Deleting software distribution but hasn't worked.I also tried upgrading to...
  4. We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes: Hello, For the past week or so i have been attempting to update my Windows 10 PC. I have enough drive space for the updateWhenever the update restarts it simply just says reverting changes,I have tried Deleting software distribution but hasn't worked.I also tried upgrading to...
  5. We couldn't complete the update reverting changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't complete the update reverting changes: Hi,I was trying to update my laptop and when I went to restart it wasn't able to and reverted changes. I looked through some forums and couldn't find anything that worked. The problem came from no where and I don't remember hard shutting down my laptop at all.Update I'm...
  6. Couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes: Hello everyone, So I have been trying for a month or 2 to install a Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 20H2, that update being KB5000802. Last update I could install was on February 24 KB4023057. Everytime I try to restart my pc and install the cumulative one...
  7. Couldn't Complete Updates. Undoing Changes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Couldn't Complete Updates. Undoing Changes.: My laptop forced an update while I was in the shower, and for some reason it froze up my lock screen and I couldn't get to the sign-in screen. So I did a hard reboot and got a blue screen that says, "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your...
  8. Couldn't complete update undoing changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Couldn't complete update undoing changes: Hi This ia the third time I am getting ba comment as in title. While trying to dobthe available updates, the system updates for sometime and the. Shows undoing changes. Pleas help me fix this. Also the system goes unresponsive quite often in the recent times. May it be a...
  9. "Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes": Hey there, new to this sub. Last night my PC updated. When I tried to log on this morning, my PC made it to 87%, hovered there, and then gave me the error message from the title. I then restarted and did it all over again. I'm not very experienced with computers, so any...
  10. Dismhost exe in Temp folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dismhost exe in Temp folder: I keep seeing that a random folder appearing in my Temp folder, folder name is very random with words and mixed numbers. Inside, there is a certain exe named "Dismhost" this pops up almost like every two days or so. Is this normal? I already scanned my computer with...