Windows 10: "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness.

Discus and support "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Fresh install. Enabled almost eveything on ShutUp10. Disabled most built-in win 10 privacy settings and turned off xbox service in msconfig. every blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trashman123, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:07 PM.

1. "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness.

Fresh install. Enabled almost eveything on ShutUp10. Disabled most built-in win 10 privacy settings and turned off xbox service in msconfig. every blue moon the "We couldn't complete the changes" error comes to haunt me. Bootloops 3 or 4 times then FINALLY goes back to normal. Searched around, tried disabling some things in task scheduler but it didn't work. Also tried deleting everything in SoftwareDistribution folder but it comes back.

Now I was cleaning my temp folder and a folder with a random string separated by - was there. dismhost.exe inside along with a bunch of other files. Tried deleting it, comes back. Searched around, tried disabling some things in task sechduler, didn't work.

Any help? I swear to god if I get the bootloop again I'm going to throw my computer off a cliff.

:)

Trashman123, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:07 PM

2. Dismhost exe in Temp folder

I keep seeing that a random folder appearing in my Temp folder, folder name is very random with words and mixed numbers. Inside, there is a certain exe named "Dismhost" this pops up almost like every two days or so. Is this normal? I already scanned my computer
    with Malwarebytes with hidden files enabled, found nothing. I always delete that random folder but it keep coming back.

Win10 64 professional 1803

Dismhost exe have "Microsoft Windows" sha1 and sha256 digital signature that signed in april 2018

Any way to stop this from happening?

Pagefile'sys, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:20 PM
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

4. "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness.

I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:20 PM
Thema:

"Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness.

1. "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness. - Similar Threads - Couldn't complete changes

2. kb4512507 - We couldn't complete the update - undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb4512507 - We couldn't complete the update - undoing changes: Hi I have a VM running on Virtual Box on Linux, the windows OS is Windows 10 Professional (version: 10.0.15063) Build 15063 I am trying to patch this for the DejaBlue by installing KB4512507 https://support. I have successfully installed the latest service Stack SSU...
  3. Re; We couldn't complete the update, Undoing Changes; Upgrading to build 10041

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re; We couldn't complete the update, Undoing Changes; Upgrading to build 10041: We couldn't complete the update, Undoing Changes; Upgrading to build 10041 By: Rain Kristofe It shows that: Step 3. Type: net stop wuaserv and press the Enter key WUASERV IS SPELT WRONG IT SHOULD BE: "WUAUSERV" the second "U" is missing, when I just copy and pasted...
  4. Dismhost exe in Temp folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dismhost exe in Temp folder: I keep seeing that a random folder appearing in my Temp folder, folder name is very random with words and mixed numbers. Inside, there is a certain exe named "Dismhost" this pops up almost like every two days or so. Is this normal? I already scanned my computer with...
  5. Update KB3081424: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update KB3081424: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes": This is the first cumulative update and it's not working. The update downloads, then on reboot, it begins the installation, then, "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. " It also strangely goes into a cycle of restarting numerous times and repeating the...
  6. We couldn't complete the updates (KB3135173)

We couldn't complete the updates (KB3135173): Hello, I tried installing update KB3135173. When I restarted after downloading the update, it gave me this message on the BIOS splash screen: Fatal Error C00000D4 applying update operation 872 of 50659 (InkDiv.dll) Then, when showing the Windows 10 start animation,...
  7. KB4093112 We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes

KB4093112 We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes: Thanks Jeff! I did a clean installation of Windows 10 Home version 1709 on a MSI GE72 notebook and the update KB4093112 was installing in a loop (7 times). Then I did the upgrade with the Media Creation Tool and everything looks good now.
  8. Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop

Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop: Almost every time I turn on my Windows 10 laptop, when I go to power off the only option will be "update and shut down." So it'll go through the update process fine and shut off. But, when I turn it back on, it will say something along the lines of "couldn't complete updates,...
  9. Couldn't Complete Updates

Couldn't Complete Updates: I have Windows 10, and I installed some necessary updates this morning, before it completed installing it switched to 'we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes' It never leaves this page. I've tried restarting to enter safe mode but it doesn't work, I keep ending...
  10. Change icon for .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change icon for .exe: I am using Windows 10 Home 64 and want to change the .exe icon for a program I have. If I go to properties there is no way to do this so how is this done in Windows 10 without creating a shortcut or another program? I used to be able to do this before Windows 10. Also there...