Windows 10: "Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes"

Discus and support "Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there, new to this sub. Last night my PC updated. When I tried to log on this morning, my PC made it to 87%, hovered there, and then gave me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/swelroy, Nov 14, 2019.

1. "Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes"

Hey there, new to this sub. Last night my PC updated. When I tried to log on this morning, my PC made it to 87%, hovered there, and then gave me the error message from the title. I then restarted and did it all over again. I'm not very experienced with computers, so any pointers toward a solution would be much appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/swelroy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/swelroy, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

We couldn't complete the updated, undoing changes...

Hi,

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the
      top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 14, 2019
  3. marius-O Win User
    Windows 10: "We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes"

I've got the same issue and following on @Arthur's suggestion, I had a look at my user SIDs in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList and some of them belonged to users that no longer existed in the system (I had previously removed them).

I've removed the dummy entries (luckily there were only a couple) and the update worked.

PLEASE save yourself some trouble and backup the registry before trying that.

marius-O, Nov 14, 2019
  4. "Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes"

Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Hi,

If you receive We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes, Don’t turn off your computer message, and your Windows 10/8/7 PC is stuck in a loop, then this post may help you.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/we-couldnt-comple...

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Yank M

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

"Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes"

1. "Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes" - Similar Threads - Couldn't Complete Update

2. Windows couldn't complete updates undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows couldn't complete updates undoing changes: Whenever I try to update my computer which is a dell OptiPlex 9020 it says Windows couldn't complete updates undoing changes and then after that it restarts but after that it gets frozen on dell startup screen...
  3. Windows couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes.

Windows couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes.: Hello everyone,I have had this issue for almost month so far. I am now turning to the comunity to find a solution to this problem. These are the updates responsible for this nasty situation:2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems...
  4. We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes: Hello, For the past week or so i have been attempting to update my Windows 10 PC. I have enough drive space for the updateWhenever the update restarts it simply just says reverting changes,I have tried Deleting software distribution but hasn't worked.I also tried upgrading to...
  5. We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes: Hello, For the past week or so i have been attempting to update my Windows 10 PC. I have enough drive space for the updateWhenever the update restarts it simply just says reverting changes,I have tried Deleting software distribution but hasn't worked.I also tried upgrading to...
  6. We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes

We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes: Hello everyone, my laptop recently got the 20h2 update but my laptop cant update it, it always got stuck there for atleast 20 mins before it open again....
  7. "We couldn't complete the update; undoing changes"

"We couldn't complete the update; undoing changes": This has been happening for about a week now. Every time I try to update, whether I click "shut down" or "restart," windows will restart twice, give me this message, and send me back to the login screen. I tried running the update troubleshooter and then installing the...
  8. Couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes

Couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes: Hello everyone, So I have been trying for a month or 2 to install a Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 20H2, that update being KB5000802. Last update I could install was on February 24 KB4023057. Everytime I try to restart my pc and install the cumulative one...
  9. Couldn't Complete Updates. Undoing Changes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Couldn't Complete Updates. Undoing Changes.: My laptop forced an update while I was in the shower, and for some reason it froze up my lock screen and I couldn't get to the sign-in screen. So I did a hard reboot and got a blue screen that says, "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your...
  10. Couldn't complete update undoing changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Couldn't complete update undoing changes: Hi This ia the third time I am getting ba comment as in title. While trying to dobthe available updates, the system updates for sometime and the. Shows undoing changes. Pleas help me fix this. Also the system goes unresponsive quite often in the recent times. May it be a...