Windows 10: Couldn't Complete Updates

Discus and support Couldn't Complete Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10, and I installed some necessary updates this morning, before it completed installing it switched to 'we couldn't complete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LinChris, May 7, 2016.

1. LinChris Win User

Couldn't Complete Updates

I have Windows 10, and I installed some necessary updates this morning, before it completed installing it switched to 'we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes'

It never leaves this page. I've tried restarting to enter safe mode but it doesn't work, I keep ending up back at that message. The thing is, I live in Russia and it would be extremely difficult for me go about taking it to a shop as I don't speak the language.

:)

LinChris, May 7, 2016
  2. esp_sbd Win User

'We couldn't complete the updates'

Same issue on Dell .. keep updating and undoing changes. Please help

esp_sbd, May 7, 2016
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    'We couldn't complete the updates'

Hi,

In order to help you effectively, could you provide us a screenshot of the issue?

To troubleshoot, you can follow the methods provided by Joy Kemprai on this

thread
    and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, May 7, 2016
  4. LinChris Win User

I managed to get into advanced startup setting and tried to restart to enable safe mode. Instead, after the restart it too me right back to the 'couldn't complete updates' page.

I tried after that to do a systems restore and I got the error message 0x80070571

LinChris, May 7, 2016
  5. Using advanced startup settings, start command prompt and enter:

chkdsk /r

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Couldn't Complete Updates - Similar Threads - Couldn't Complete Updates

2. "Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes": Hey there, new to this sub. Last night my PC updated. When I tried to log on this morning, my PC made it to 87%, hovered there, and then gave me the error message from the title. I then restarted and did it all over again. I'm not very experienced with computers, so any...
  3. Windows 10 automatic update fails with "We couldn't complete the updates"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 automatic update fails with "We couldn't complete the updates": Windows performed an automatic update. After the update finished and restarted I got a message "We couldn't complete the updates." Then it backed out the updates. Pending changes to files that were open at the time of the update were lost. Is there something I need to do to...
  4. "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Couldn't complete changes" and dismhost.exe madness.: Fresh install. Enabled almost eveything on ShutUp10. Disabled most built-in win 10 privacy settings and turned off xbox service in msconfig. every blue moon the "We couldn't complete the changes" error comes to haunt me. Bootloops 3 or 4 times then FINALLY goes back to...
  5. kb4512507 - We couldn't complete the update - undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb4512507 - We couldn't complete the update - undoing changes: Hi I have a VM running on Virtual Box on Linux, the windows OS is Windows 10 Professional (version: 10.0.15063) Build 15063 I am trying to patch this for the DejaBlue by installing KB4512507 https://support. I have successfully installed the latest service Stack SSU...
  6. windows 10 :error couldn't complete update

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 :error couldn't complete update: i need some techincal support operator to help me my windows 10 wont update to the newest version of windows 10 for the 2017 update each time i try to get the trouble shooter it wouldnt let me update windows after it asked me to restart it would install and then say try again...
  7. Update KB3081424: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update KB3081424: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes": This is the first cumulative update and it's not working. The update downloads, then on reboot, it begins the installation, then, "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. " It also strangely goes into a cycle of restarting numerous times and repeating the...
  8. We couldn't complete the updates (KB3135173)

We couldn't complete the updates (KB3135173): Hello, I tried installing update KB3135173. When I restarted after downloading the update, it gave me this message on the BIOS splash screen: Fatal Error C00000D4 applying update operation 872 of 50659 (InkDiv.dll) Then, when showing the Windows 10 start animation,...
  9. Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop

Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop: Almost every time I turn on my Windows 10 laptop, when I go to power off the only option will be "update and shut down." So it'll go through the update process fine and shut off. But, when I turn it back on, it will say something along the lines of "couldn't complete updates,...
  10. "We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare

"We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare: Hi, On Windows 10 lately I've gotten this message(or something close to verbatim) with the pink screen every time I boot after waiting a few minutes while it claims to be updating. Not only this, but it has to reboot to boot up WITHOUT the updates that for no apparent...