Windows 10: couldnt connect to your device

Discus and support couldnt connect to your device in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so i was playing some games on steam and i tried connecting controllers and other things but then something poped up on my screen at the top saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TonyaDavis2, Aug 26, 2020.

1. couldnt connect to your device

so i was playing some games on steam and i tried connecting controllers and other things but then something poped up on my screen at the top saying couldnt connect to your device and after that i wasnt able to do anything go on settings or even visit the microsoft store i also couldnt use altf4 and go into the menu with shows you solatare and the xbox compartison app and i dont know what to do please help

:)

TonyaDavis2, Aug 26, 2020
  2. Hannelore Win User

Project connect to wireless device issue

Thanks for this suggestion; it's made me realise that I think it might be a problem with my tv after all, because now it won't come up anymore in the list of devices. I better check out some help for this tv; maybe something got turned off by mistake.

Hannelore, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 26, 2020
  4. couldnt connect to your device

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

couldnt connect to your device

1. couldnt connect to your device - Similar Threads - couldnt connect device

2. Windows Couldnt connect to the GPSVC service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Couldnt connect to the GPSVC service?: Yesterday, i logged in on my pc and got the error: Windows Couldnt connect to the GPSVC service, i searched abd i searched, and found things about using cmd and registry editor, but the problem for me comes in, when i try to open any .exe file, or any admin programs, they...
  3. Couldnt connect Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldnt connect Bluetooth: Couldnt connect Bluetooth devices after system restore. It is working before but I need to perform restore due to different reason and now I cant connect my devices. Tried to remove devices and pair it again but issue still the same. The driver in the device manager are all...
  4. Couldnt connect Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldnt connect Bluetooth: Couldnt connect Bluetooth devices after system restore. It is working before but I need to perform restore due to different reason and now I cant connect my devices. Tried to remove devices and pair it again but issue still the same. The driver in the device manager are all...
  5. Couldnt connect Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Couldnt connect to update Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Couldnt connect to update Service: This happened out of no where, usually i can get windows update pretty well and whenever im notified for a restart, i do it. But since yesterday ive been getting this error code saying "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If...
  7. Connected but couldnt go to websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected but couldnt go to websites: I'm Connected to my Internet. Both IPv4 and IPv6 Says Internet but I couldnt Access the Internet is their a way to Resolve this Issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connected-but-couldnt-go-to-websites/ade02e7e-9dca-45bb-8cb9-a7ca8f6ab1c8
  8. your pc couldnt start properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    your pc couldnt start properly: hello 4 days ago im encoutered this error 0xc000001automatic repair loop/your pc couldnt start properly and cant fix it no matter what guide i follow on internet. here what i have do 0.of course scan for virus in safe mode none found 1.startup repair 2.sfc /scannow no...
  9. COULDNT FIND ANY DEVICE DRIVER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    COULDNT FIND ANY DEVICE DRIVER: Hey guys, I have a problem. I had dual boot in my computer. Windows was in C and D. Ubuntu was in D but i had replaced my SDD. I want to install my windows again and update my Kubuntu 19.014 to Ubuntu 20.04. How can i do that? Thanks. Note: I tried to boot up with usb but...
  10. Automatic Repair couldnt fix your pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Repair couldnt fix your pc: When I start my computer, it crashes and restarts with a blue screen that says "automatic repair couldnt repair your pc" I've tried startup repair and I get the same screen saying that startup repair cant repair my pc either I've tried resetting without losing my files but...