Windows 10: "Couldn't Connect to Your Microphone or Camera" issue in Facebook Messenger for Windows 10

Discus and support "Couldn't Connect to Your Microphone or Camera" issue in Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I recently installed Xsplit for my camera to blur the background during video calls using Skype before. But I got annoyed because, everytime I open... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mikee07, May 15, 2021.

1. Mikee07 Win User

"Couldn't Connect to Your Microphone or Camera" issue in Facebook Messenger for Windows 10

So I recently installed Xsplit for my camera to blur the background during video calls using Skype before. But I got annoyed because, everytime I open and use the video calling on my Facebook Messenger app, the Xsplit app opens everytime so I uninstalled it. After that, I tried video calling someone and I was prompted with "Couldn't Connect to Your Microphone or Camera" issue. I already checked the privacy settings and the camera permissions but I couldn't find the Messenger app. I also tried logging in and out and resetting the app and deleting the whole folder located in "C:\Users\"Username"

:)

Mikee07, May 15, 2021

2. Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone

"Couldn't Connect to Your Microphone or Camera" issue in Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 [​IMG]

bbuchler2018, May 15, 2021
  3. Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone

"Couldn't Connect to Your Microphone or Camera" issue in Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 [​IMG]

bbuchler2018, May 15, 2021
  4. bro67 Win User

"Couldn't Connect to Your Microphone or Camera" issue in Facebook Messenger for Windows 10

Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone

Do not need that screenshot. You need to physically boot into the bios when you power on the machine and check to see if there are settings to disable the mic and camera.

bro67, May 15, 2021
Thema:

1. "Couldn't Connect to Your Microphone or Camera" issue in Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Couldn't Connect Microphone

2. Couldn't connect to your camera or microphone Your camera or microphone are either not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't connect to your camera or microphone Your camera or microphone are either not...: Couldn't connect to your camera or microphoneYour camera or microphone are either not connected or not supported. For troubleshooting suggestions, and information on supported browsers, visit our Help Center....
  3. Couldn't connect to your camera or microphone Your camera or microphone are either not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't connect to your camera or microphone Your camera or microphone are either not...: Couldn't connect to your camera or microphoneYour camera or microphone are either not connected or not supported. For troubleshooting suggestions, and information on supported browsers, visit our Help Center....
  4. camera and microphone access to messenger

camera and microphone access to messenger: how do i allow for camera and microphone access to messenger in order to make video calls from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone-access-to-messenger/380e6996-7670-4ced-a623-b6ccb9996927
  5. camera and microphone access to messenger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera and microphone access to messenger: how do i allow for camera and microphone access to messenger in order to make video calls from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone-access-to-messenger/380e6996-7670-4ced-a623-b6ccb9996927
  6. Camera when using facebook messenger

Camera when using facebook messenger: HI, How would I go about using the camera to take a picture when I am using Facebook Messenger on a computer. When I click for more options, it doesn't show a picture of a camera in there is there any way I can activate the camera....
  7. Camera and microphone not working when using facebook messenger

Camera and microphone not working when using facebook messenger: I've been trying to video call my friends using facebook messenger. It's not working on Edge or Chrome and the Messenger app. Every time I try, it comes up saying An Error occured when trying to get access to Camera and/or Microphone: Hardware Access Error....
  8. Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone: When I try to video chat with someone on Facebook, I get that message. Code: An error occurred when tryin to get access to camera and/or microphone. Hardware access error. To make a call on Facebook, you need to turn on your camera and microphone on. It used to work fine....
  9. Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone: When I try to video chat with someone on Facebook, I get that message. Code: An error occurred when tryin to get access to camera and/or microphone. Hardware access error. To make a call on Facebook, you need to turn on your camera and microphone on. It used to work fine....
  10. facebook messenger app issue

facebook messenger app issue: My facebook messenger app is not working on my windows 10 Lumia phone. I receive this error message REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 or higher. I tried doing a soft reset to no avail as well as deleting and reinstalling the app. What else should I do?...