Windows 10: Couldn't create a new attribute in Active Directory Schema

Discus and support Couldn't create a new attribute in Active Directory Schema in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Firstly, I created a new attribute it was OK. Then I defunced and removed from classes. Restarted Active Directory Domain Services.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Emil Mammadli, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Couldn't create a new attribute in Active Directory Schema

Hello everyone, Firstly, I created a new attribute it was OK. Then I defunced and removed from classes. Restarted Active Directory Domain Services. Then I wanted recreate the same attribute but I couldn't do it. It tells me: An attemp was made to add an object to the directory with a name that is already in use. Please help me.

:)

Emil Mammadli, Aug 12, 2021

2. Active Directory - Editing a default user attribute with Schema Editor

Hi Everyone,

In AD,there are a set of Default user attributes such as Description, IP Phone etc. I wish to change these default attributes to a few that my client needs. I am not sure how to do this. What I need to do is:

When I open a user property in AD Users and Computers, I want to change the display of:

1: Description to 'Division'

2: IP Phone to 'Office Extension'

3: City to 'Location'

and a few others.

Can I user Schema editor, choose the field called 'Description' and just rename this to 'Division'. Will this work for all users?

Please help.

Thank you.

Shiv

ShivaramVenkatesh, Aug 12, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    Berton, Aug 12, 2021
  4. Couldn't create a new attribute in Active Directory Schema

"We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

Couldn't create a new attribute in Active Directory Schema [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

Couldn't create a new attribute in Active Directory Schema [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

Couldn't create a new attribute in Active Directory Schema

1. Couldn't create a new attribute in Active Directory Schema - Similar Threads - Couldn't create attribute

2. Active Directory - not able to update lockouttime attribute.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory - not able to update lockouttime attribute.: While Updating lockouttime attributeas a large integer for an user in active directory, getting below error.Operation failed. Error code : 0x57The parameter is incorrect00000057: SysErr: DSID-031A12C8, problem 22Invalid argument, data 0.any help is appreciated....
  3. Active Directory - not able to update lockouttime attribute.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Directory - not able to update lockouttime attribute.: While Updating lockouttime attributeas a large integer for an user in active directory, getting below error.Operation failed. Error code : 0x57The parameter is incorrect00000057: SysErr: DSID-031A12C8, problem 22Invalid argument, data 0.any help is appreciated....
  4. Workday to On-Prem Active Directory: Issue with Multi-valued attributes syncing from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workday to On-Prem Active Directory: Issue with Multi-valued attributes syncing from...: Hello there,We have been using Workday to synchronise User accounts through Azure to our On-Prem Active Directory. For about 4-6 weeks we have been facing the issue now that Multi-valued attributes are no longer written correctly to the on-prem AD which was working before....
  5. Couldn't Install RSAT Active Directory LDS Tools

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't Install RSAT Active Directory LDS Tools: Hello,I used to have RSAT Active Directory LDS tools installed on my my laptop. Sometime in the last 2-3 weeks, something changed to where it was removed and I am unable to re-add it. When attempting to re-add through the add optional features GUI, I get a generic "Couldn't...
  6. Couldn't Install RSAT Active Directory LDS Tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't Install RSAT Active Directory LDS Tools: Hello,I used to have RSAT Active Directory LDS tools installed on my my laptop. Sometime in the last 2-3 weeks, something changed to where it was removed and I am unable to re-add it. When attempting to re-add through the add optional features GUI, I get a generic "Couldn't...
  7. Creating a new directory in "This PC"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a new directory in "This PC": Hello, I am trying to make a new directory to This PC but I can't find much on how to do this.I want to create a new folder here but as I said, I really don't know how to do this....
  8. Application keeps creating new directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application keeps creating new directory: Specifically the Dexcom Clarity Uploader application When I installed this application I had it install to a folder in Program Files (x86). But whenever I open the application it creates a new folder in C:. This occurs every time, even if I delete the folder. This is a minor...
  9. Can't create new file in Documents directory.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create new file in Documents directory.: Hi all, From some day weeks ago, I strangely found that I can not create new files in my Document directory and some other directories (e.g. Desktop) using some applications. Check this screenshot out. [ATTACH] Here's some further information I can provide: Creating new...
  10. Create a windows Active Directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a windows Active Directory: Hi, i want to use Domain.GetCurrentDomain() method in a .net project, and i have windows 10. So can i create an active directory in my windows without using Windows Server?...