Windows 10: "Couldn't download-virus scan failed"

Discus and support "Couldn't download-virus scan failed" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I try all the options like that regedit thing and uninstalling my mcafee software but nothing works TT it always couldnt download-virus scan failed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ceslags, Jul 4, 2020.

1. ceslags Win User

"Couldn't download-virus scan failed"

I try all the options like that regedit thing and uninstalling my mcafee software but nothing works TT it always couldnt download-virus scan failed HELP plsss

:)

ceslags, Jul 4, 2020
  2. Niarod Win User

Failing hardware? Undetected virus?

It really sounds like a virus running hidden in the background!
    Though you've scanned the pc for viruses it's difficult that the antivirus installed finds anything...as the virus has already passed unobserved by the antivirus app.

My suggestion is to put some executable antivirus and antispyware appz. in your flash disk and scan the pc from that.
    Use different ones, portable antiviruses etc....here are some suggestions:

Eset Sysinspector : http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php
    PrevX CSI : http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
    Spyware doctor..etc.

Cheerz

Niarod, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Kath UP Win User
    'Virus scan failed' message

Yes, I use Chrome. I've received several emails with Word doc attachments or google docs attached and I get the message "Failed - Virus scan failed"

I tried to go through the steps described by typing in regedit and going through the steps provided but that didn't solve the problem.

Kath UP, Jul 4, 2020
  4. "Couldn't download-virus scan failed"

"virus scan failed" message when downloading

Every time I try to download anything from the Internet (pictures, pdfs, new software) it comes up with a message saying "virus scan failed". I have looked at my virus software and couldn't see any details about why downloads are blocked, nor could I find
    any of my computer settings changed when I went through the Windows Attachment Manager. What should I do to sort this problem? Would temporarily stopping something with my McAfee virus software help?

OliviaCassidy, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

"Couldn't download-virus scan failed"

1. "Couldn't download-virus scan failed" - Similar Threads - Couldn't download virus

2. couldn't download-virus scan failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    couldn't download-virus scan failed.: when i try to down load anything i get this message, please tell me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-download-virus-scan-failed/7e6b8658-6cca-4158-a616-ad20bd3a7f10
  3. couldn't download-virus scan failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    couldn't download-virus scan failed.: when i try to down load anything i get this message, please tell me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-download-virus-scan-failed/7e6b8658-6cca-4158-a616-ad20bd3a7f10
  4. couldn't download-virus scan failed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Virus Scan Failed" Couldn't download a darn thing.

"Virus Scan Failed" Couldn't download a darn thing.: I guess I'm #865 with the same inquiry. Since Windows 11 was forced upon me, I am unable to download anything. Not even Microsoft 365.I tried changing the HKEY local machine in regedit from 3 to 1, it's stuck on 3. Changed the prompt in properties to accept downloads, didn't...
  6. Couldn't download, virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't download, virus scan failed: Every time I try to download a file, document, photo, anything I get a message "Couldn't Download Virus Scan Failed. I never had this problem until I got Windows 11. I have changed my internet security, turned off Windows Firewall and got rid of all virus scan programs....
  7. Couldn't download, virus scan failed

Couldn't download, virus scan failed: Every time I try to download a file, document, photo, anything I get a message "Couldn't Download Virus Scan Failed. I never had this problem until I got Windows 11. I have changed my internet security, turned off Windows Firewall and got rid of all virus scan programs....
  8. couldn't download-virus scan failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    couldn't download-virus scan failed: I am having an issue opening any kind of document . I get the message: "couldn't download-virus scan failed". This just started happening last week and i am not sure if it was related to some update. I have windows 10 home in s mode....
  9. Error message Couldn't download.....virus scan failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error message Couldn't download.....virus scan failed: After a Windows update I am suddenly unable to download files..... this is applicable for all websites and all browsers..... please help me resolve this....
  10. "Couldn't download-virus scan failed"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Couldn't download-virus scan failed": I did looked McFee and it showed no virus. Weird. Funny last week fine now it pop up "Couldn't download- virus scan failed. What should I do and please do step by step. Jean...