Windows 10: "Couldn't download-virus scan failed"

Discus and support "Couldn't download-virus scan failed" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I did looked McFee and it showed no virus. Weird. Funny last week fine now it pop up "Couldn't download- virus scan failed. What should I do and please... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JeanTrussell1, Jul 30, 2020.

1. "Couldn't download-virus scan failed"

I did looked McFee and it showed no virus. Weird. Funny last week fine now it pop up "Couldn't download- virus scan failed. What should I do and please do step by step.

Jean

:)

JeanTrussell1, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: Couldn't download - virus scan failed message when trying to download a program

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error, 'Couldn't download - virus scan failed message' when trying to download a program. I'll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the program that you are trying to download?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Are you able to download any other programs?

I would suggest you to try using a different browser like Microsoft Edge and see if that helps.

If you are receiving this error while using Google Chrome, I would suggest you to refer the section
    "Virus scan failed" or "Virus detected" in the article Fix file download errors
    and see if that helps.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer the article How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I would also recommend you to create a system restore point.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 30, 2020
  3. GarryFree Win User
    Error: Couldn't download - virus scan failed message when trying to download a program

I'm trying to download a program and keep getting a "Couldn't download - virus scan failed message" I have deleted MacAfee, changed Windows defender/ firewall settings, nothing works?

***Modified title from: Download Issues***

GarryFree, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Niarod Win User

"Couldn't download-virus scan failed"

Failing hardware? Undetected virus?

It really sounds like a virus running hidden in the background!
    Though you've scanned the pc for viruses it's difficult that the antivirus installed finds anything...as the virus has already passed unobserved by the antivirus app.

My suggestion is to put some executable antivirus and antispyware appz. in your flash disk and scan the pc from that.
    Use different ones, portable antiviruses etc....here are some suggestions:

Eset Sysinspector : http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php
    PrevX CSI : http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
    Spyware doctor..etc.

Cheerz

Niarod, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

"Couldn't download-virus scan failed"

1. "Couldn't download-virus scan failed" - Similar Threads - Couldn't download virus

2. couldn't download-virus scan failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    couldn't download-virus scan failed.: when i try to down load anything i get this message, please tell me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-download-virus-scan-failed/7e6b8658-6cca-4158-a616-ad20bd3a7f10
  3. couldn't download-virus scan failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    couldn't download-virus scan failed.: when i try to down load anything i get this message, please tell me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-download-virus-scan-failed/7e6b8658-6cca-4158-a616-ad20bd3a7f10
  4. couldn't download-virus scan failed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Virus Scan Failed" Couldn't download a darn thing.

"Virus Scan Failed" Couldn't download a darn thing.: I guess I'm #865 with the same inquiry. Since Windows 11 was forced upon me, I am unable to download anything. Not even Microsoft 365.I tried changing the HKEY local machine in regedit from 3 to 1, it's stuck on 3. Changed the prompt in properties to accept downloads, didn't...
  6. Couldn't download, virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't download, virus scan failed: Every time I try to download a file, document, photo, anything I get a message "Couldn't Download Virus Scan Failed. I never had this problem until I got Windows 11. I have changed my internet security, turned off Windows Firewall and got rid of all virus scan programs....
  7. Couldn't download, virus scan failed

Couldn't download, virus scan failed: Every time I try to download a file, document, photo, anything I get a message "Couldn't Download Virus Scan Failed. I never had this problem until I got Windows 11. I have changed my internet security, turned off Windows Firewall and got rid of all virus scan programs....
  8. couldn't download-virus scan failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    couldn't download-virus scan failed: I am having an issue opening any kind of document . I get the message: "couldn't download-virus scan failed". This just started happening last week and i am not sure if it was related to some update. I have windows 10 home in s mode....
  9. Error message Couldn't download.....virus scan failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error message Couldn't download.....virus scan failed: After a Windows update I am suddenly unable to download files..... this is applicable for all websites and all browsers..... please help me resolve this....
  10. "Couldn't download-virus scan failed"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Couldn't download-virus scan failed": I try all the options like that regedit thing and uninstalling my mcafee software but nothing works TT it always couldnt download-virus scan failed HELP plsss...