Windows 10: Couldn't find a partition or create one. Windows PE

Discus and support Couldn't find a partition or create one. Windows PE in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says I get this error, I've tried creating and formatting using diskpart but no luck. I know my way round cmd, but honestly, I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PCMasterRays, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Couldn't find a partition or create one. Windows PE

As the title says I get this error, I've tried creating and formatting using diskpart but no luck. I know my way round cmd, but honestly, I don't really know what I'm doing, I've tried opening a bunch of logs and access is denied. Any help is appreciated, looks like I'm not getting any sleep tonight!

submitted by /u/PCMasterRays
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PCMasterRays, Dec 12, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 12, 2019
  3. "we couldn`t update the system reserved partition" error while upgrading to Windows 10

Original Title: windows 10

hi,i have windows 7 and trying download 10

get near the end and message pops up

`we couldn`t update the system reserved partition

any help please

john f`

jordanfriend, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Couldn't find a partition or create one. Windows PE

Anthony Gal, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Couldn't find a partition or create one. Windows PE

1. Couldn't find a partition or create one. Windows PE - Similar Threads - Couldn't find partition

2. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Windows was installed on the SSD prior to a new motherboard installation, however when it came time to boot the system, it stated windows was no where to be found. Shocking. So USB media installation was applied. Started the process and nope, errors all over, cant select any...
  3. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Windows was installed on the SSD prior to a new motherboard installation, however when it came time to boot the system, it stated windows was no where to be found. Shocking. So USB media installation was applied. Started the process and nope, errors all over, cant select any...
  4. Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one: Hello,I have a new PC with MSI MAG B550M MORTAR Motherboard and Samsung 980 Pro 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 4.0 x4 NVMe Solid SSD drive.The PC came without Windows as I have my own Windows 11 license. During the installation from a USB drive, I get the following error message "We...
  5. Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one: Hello,I have a new PC with MSI MAG B550M MORTAR Motherboard and Samsung 980 Pro 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 4.0 x4 NVMe Solid SSD drive.The PC came without Windows as I have my own Windows 11 license. During the installation from a USB drive, I get the following error message "We...
  6. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Dear Microsoft, Recently, I was trying to install Windows on my Laptop PC. I tried to install, but this is the error I got: We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. I tried to fix it so many times, but it didn't work. It is an Acer laptop, model...
  7. Setup couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one!

Setup couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one!: I downloaded Windows 10 May 2019 update from Microsoft on May 24.. Used the Media Creation Tool to create installation media (USB drive). I used DISKPART to clean drive and put it in “uninitialized state”. Regardless of attempts to do clean install on either HD or SSD,...
  8. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: So I was doing a clean install of windows 10 using a USB and I deleted all the partitions including the system reserve one. The only drive left now is "Drive 0 Partition 1". It is set as primary. The problem is everything I click to continue the installation, I get the...
  9. Windows couldn't create a partition or locate an existing one

Windows couldn't create a partition or locate an existing one: I had a kali linux installed in my computer. Then I tried to install Windows 10 using a bootable USB drive. (I created it by downloading the windows 10 ISO and then creating USB drive using Rufus.) But when I was trying to install windows 10, it shows my hard drive, but it...
  10. "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one": So I'm trying to install Windows 10 32-bit on a friend's laptop from a USB stick and it's giving me this error, no matter what I do. I've tried setting the partition as active, I don't have anything else plugged in, and I've unplugged and replugged the device. No dice. Help!...