Windows 10: Couldn't find my hard drive for fresh install of windows 10

Discus and support Couldn't find my hard drive for fresh install of windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had been trying to freshly install windows 10 on my laptop using USB recovery drive. But during installation, in 'where you want to install windows'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nirwan_pawar, May 6, 2020.

1. Couldn't find my hard drive for fresh install of windows 10

I had been trying to freshly install windows 10 on my laptop using USB recovery drive. But during installation, in 'where you want to install windows' section, I can't find any available drive for installation. Also, I tried formatting my hard disk using diskpart in command prompt. But I'm receiving error saying 'device which doesn't exist was specified'.

Please help me get out of this and freshly install windows 10 on my laptop. Couldn't find my hard drive for fresh install of windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Nirwan_pawar, May 6, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 6, 2020
  3. little cat, May 6, 2020
  4. more123 Win User

Couldn't find my hard drive for fresh install of windows 10

Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Couldn't find my hard drive for fresh install of windows 10

1. Couldn't find my hard drive for fresh install of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Couldn't find hard

2. Windows setup couldn't find a hard drive to store temporary installation files to. Add a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows setup couldn't find a hard drive to store temporary installation files to. Add a...: My pc has gotten very messed up recently. Couldn’t update windows or drivers or launch games. I also couldn’t delete any files without them returning as soon as I restart the pc. After trying many fixes I found online I decided to just reinstall windows with a bootable drive....
  3. Windows setup couldn't find a hard drive to store temporary installation files to. Add a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows setup couldn't find a hard drive to store temporary installation files to. Add a...: My pc has gotten very messed up recently. Couldn’t update windows or drivers or launch games. I also couldn’t delete any files without them returning as soon as I restart the pc. After trying many fixes I found online I decided to just reinstall windows with a bootable drive....
  4. Windows 10 can not find drives during fresh Windows install

Windows 10 can not find drives during fresh Windows install: I am attempting to do a fresh Windows install on my pc. I have a 1 TB SSD that I want to install Windows onto. After selecting what version of Windows 10 I want to install, accepting the license terms, and choosing "Install Windows Only", I am shown a screen asking me where I...
  5. Windows 10 can not find drives during fresh Windows install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 can not find drives during fresh Windows install: I am attempting to do a fresh Windows install on my pc. I have a 1 TB SSD that I want to install Windows onto. After selecting what version of Windows 10 I want to install, accepting the license terms, and choosing "Install Windows Only", I am shown a screen asking me where I...
  6. Windows 10/11 installation can’t find my hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 installation can’t find my hard drive.: So recently I switched to Linux but I don’t like it anymore and I want to switch back to windows. And I installed the windows 10 and 11 iso’s onto the flash drive and when it tries to find where I want to install windows to, my hard drive doesn’t show up even though it’s...
  7. Windows 10/11 installation can’t find my hard drive.

Windows 10/11 installation can’t find my hard drive.: So recently I switched to Linux but I don’t like it anymore and I want to switch back to windows. And I installed the windows 10 and 11 iso’s onto the flash drive and when it tries to find where I want to install windows to, my hard drive doesn’t show up even though it’s...
  8. Windows 10/11 installation can’t find my hard drive.

9. Windows setup couldn't find a hard drive to store temporary installation files to. Add a...

Windows setup couldn't find a hard drive to store temporary installation files to. Add a...: My laptop was corrupted. Last night I tried to format by installing windows 10 using bootable usb. What I did is delete all partition and proceed next, it works. After completing some things, it reboot. I didn't do anything, I just wait until it freshlh installed. But...
  10. Windows 10 Install HELP: We couldn't find any drives

Windows 10 Install HELP: We couldn't find any drives: I am trying to install a fresh Windows 10 on a computer that I am recently trying to restore. I have 2 USBs to work with. I am using one of them for the Installation Media and one as a storage device 32GB USB 3.1. I am able to boot into windows install, however when I reach...