Windows 10: Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot

Discus and support Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; PLEASE HELP!!My laptop underwent an update today and tonight while I tried to turn it on, the lock screen reads 'pin is no longer available due to a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sally_0807, May 16, 2022.

1. Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot

PLEASE HELP!!My laptop underwent an update today and tonight while I tried to turn it on, the lock screen reads 'pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device' and I forgot the password for the account. I'm using a local account so couldn't reset password through Microsoft password reset. Is resetting my laptop and delete all the files the only way to give me access to Windows?

:)

Sally_0807, May 16, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 16, 2022
  3. Bropper Win User
    Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop.

When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new update. So now I cannot access the admin account since I do not know the pin or password (although the fingerprint
    is recognized and requires an extra pin to be approved)

This is entirely retarded, do I no longer have admin access for Windows 10 and I DO NOT WANT TO WIPE OUT MY COMPUTER TO RESTORE ADMIN ACCESS BEFORE ANYONE SUGGESTS THAT.

Bropper, May 16, 2022
  4. MisterEd Win User

Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot

Forgot my password

If you don't already you might consider using a password manager. In addition to online usernames and passwords you could store your Windows user name, password, and PIN there. If you ever forget this information you could log into the password manager on your phone and retrieve it there.

When Windows is installed the first user is of user type Administrator. Additional users are of user type Standard unless the added user requires otherwise.

There is also a built-in user named Administrator that has a user type of Administrator. By default this user is hidden but you can un-hide it if you wish using your regular account that has user type of Administrator.

Code:
    On my desktop I log in using my password. On my laptop I normally log in using my fingerprint. The fallback is my PIN and then my password.

The accounts on my laptop including the hidden Administrator account.

Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot [​IMG]

Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot [​IMG]

MisterEd, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot

1. Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot - Similar Threads - Couldn't log using

2. Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot: PLEASE HELP!!My laptop underwent an update today and tonight while I tried to turn it on, the lock screen reads 'pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device' and I forgot the password for the account. I'm using a local account so...
  3. Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot: PLEASE HELP!!My laptop underwent an update today and tonight while I tried to turn it on, the lock screen reads 'pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device' and I forgot the password for the account. I'm using a local account so...
  4. forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot admin password: forgot admin password system error during updates need password to attempt to correct errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password/890a0cce-4b73-42a8-ad30-d954c60133f6
  5. forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgot admin password: forgot admin password system error during updates need password to attempt to correct errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password/890a0cce-4b73-42a8-ad30-d954c60133f6
  6. Forgot admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot admin password: My son has a laptop that we are trying to make changes to but we get a pop up box asking for the admin password for my Microsoft account L Janet. However the userid that is showing up when that box pops up is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which is a very old...
  7. Forgot Admin Password

Forgot Admin Password: Hi, I bought a laptop a couple of years ago and added a couple of users... 1 of them being and administrator, I remember all the local users password, whereas the admin password is the one I forgot. I need to reset the password so I can have all administrator access....
  8. Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!: I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop. When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new...
  9. forgot admin password

forgot admin password: I have an old tosiba laptop (with windows 10) that I have forgotton admin password for. There is another user whos password I remember so have been logging on under their name instead. However I do need to gain access to the admins controls, is it possible or do I do a...
  10. forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    forgot admin password: I have an old tosiba laptop (with windows 10) that I have forgotton admin password for. There is another user whos password I remember so have been logging on under their name instead. However I do need to gain access to the admins controls, is it possible or do I do a...