Windows 10: Couldnt log on using PIN or Password

Discus and support Couldnt log on using PIN or Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I leave my machine on 24/7 and was using it at lunch time, but came back to my machine about 7pm and the lock screen was active as it should be. I put... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by banger, Sep 16, 2015.

1. banger Win User

Couldnt log on using PIN or Password

I leave my machine on 24/7 and was using it at lunch time, but came back to my machine about 7pm and the lock screen was active as it should be. I put my PIN in and nothing happened. Re-tried my PIN several times but couldnt log on so switched to password entry, put password in and it said password incorrect. Checked my password and tried again and same thing.

Restarted machine and this time PIN worked but now I was presented with OneDrive sign in and when I signed in it seems to be downloading everything from my one drive. After the OneDrive sign in I had to set up one drive again and use existing folders.

Looking at my User folder I know have a skydrive folder AND a one drive folder.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

:)

banger, Sep 16, 2015

2. PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hi aside from login with the pin and fingerprint i can log in without problems with the normal passwords. I tried to add someone through family and other people and it showed it couldnt connect family through microsoft.

RouleauxAndrade, Sep 16, 2015
  3. How do you disable the pin authentication on login on Windows 10?

To remove the pin password when you login, it requires a password.

If you use a PIN to login, what would the password to remove it be? (If I remember, it doesn't have you set up a password (at all) for logging in if you choose to use the PIN.

ruthlesslybrutalmars, Sep 16, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

I have had my pin stop working but I just clicked on options and reset it. Nothing like what you experienced though.

Thema:

1. Couldnt log on using PIN or Password - Similar Threads - Couldnt log using

2. Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot: PLEASE HELP!!My laptop underwent an update today and tonight while I tried to turn it on, the lock screen reads 'pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device' and I forgot the password for the account. I'm using a local account so...
  3. Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot: PLEASE HELP!!My laptop underwent an update today and tonight while I tried to turn it on, the lock screen reads 'pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device' and I forgot the password for the account. I'm using a local account so...
  4. Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password and Pin log-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password and Pin log-in: HelloI am using a laptop right now because I can't access my computer. It has locked me out. My pin that I've use since I first bought this machine 2018 hasn't changed. Last night I was using my machine, and also this morning. I did how ever go into msconfig to disable some...
  6. Unable to log in using PIN or password - odd behavior

Unable to log in using PIN or password - odd behavior: I'm using windows 10 on a Lenovo 330. I have always used a PIN to login, but following the latest windows update yesterday, I get the message "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin again" I try two different paths: 1 I click set up your...
  7. Cant log in with password OR PIN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant log in with password OR PIN: After having overheating issues with my computer, The PIN feature no longer works and the password doesnt work either. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-with-password-or-pin/f21ecd2f-5a6b-4309-bc57-f04b579e2e10
  8. Pin, Password Required to log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin, Password Required to log on: I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have been unable to find anyone who has addressed this issue online....
  9. Use PIN but not password

Use PIN but not password: I use my Microsoft password to access several devices. Other people use my password to access some of the devices, which is OK becauise I only have shared work data on them. However, I also use the same password on my main PC, on which I also have private data. I use a PIN on...
  10. log in ignoring pin/password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log in ignoring pin/password: Hi, I have a minor log in problem after coming out of a sleep, I normally use a pin to log in but recently when I enter a pin it will say I have miss input the keys then after a few attempts it will give me the option to input a password this then does the same, If I then...