Windows 10: Couldn't login after latest update, but can't figure out what the update was

Discus and support Couldn't login after latest update, but can't figure out what the update was in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm presently running Windows 10 Pro on version 1809, which has been stable since that update was installed on 01/03/2019. I've had Update set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sihmm, Feb 21, 2020.

1. /u/Sihmm Win User

Couldn't login after latest update, but can't figure out what the update was

I'm presently running Windows 10 Pro on version 1809, which has been stable since that update was installed on 01/03/2019. I've had Update set to Semi-Annual (Targeted) with no deferments.

Today a new update was installed which took, I think, maybe about 30 minutes to complete on my SSD - certainly less than an hour. Afterwards I was unable to login to my desktop. I'd enter my PIN or password and the login screen would flash right back up. I went to remove it in Recovery mode, but was given the option to remove either the latest quality update or feature update. Figuring it'd been a while installing, I chose feature update, and sure enough can log in again.

Unfortunately, reviewing my update log, it says the latest feature update (1909) was installed on the 18th, 3 days ago, and the latest quality updates were the 19th and a few on the 13th. It doesn't seem to include the problematic/rolled-back update. Is there any way to see which update it was that was installed and then rolled back?

For added confusion value, after rolling back, when I went into the Windows Update settings to view the log it said I had pending updates - but frustratingly I couldn't figure out how to see what they actually were. Now, having reflexively clicked 'Check for Updates' it says my system is up to date but nearing end of service (i.e. I'm still on 1809).

TL;DR: How do I see a log of a rolled-back update installation, and/or which updates are pending to install?

submitted by /u/Sihmm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sihmm, Feb 21, 2020

2. Lumia 650, we couldn´t connect to the update service

Hi,

Have a lumia 650 with Version 1511, OS build 10.0.10586.494 is this the latest version?

When i check for updates i get this: we couldn´t connect to the update service, we`ll try again later..

I have internet connection via WiFi and a microsoft account set up.

Christian.T, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 21, 2020
  4. zjarus Win User

The Update was Downloaded, but couldn´t be opened (8018830f) - Lumia 930

zjarus, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Couldn't login after latest update, but can't figure out what the update was - Similar Threads - Couldn't login latest

2. Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error: Hello, recently I've been having lots of issues regarding Bluescreens. For the most part, I am getting the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with the reason of "ntoskrnl.exe". I believe it is caused by a bad driver, although I don't know for sure. Here is the dump file:...
  3. Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error: Hello, recently I've been having lots of issues regarding Bluescreens. For the most part, I am getting the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with the reason of "ntoskrnl.exe". I believe it is caused by a bad driver, although I don't know for sure. Here is the dump file:...
  4. Can't figure out what's crashing my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't figure out what's crashing my computer: I recently upgrade my motherboard, CPU, SSD, and memory sticks on my computer. Essentially everything but the graphics card has been replaced. I also gave it a fresh install of windows 10, updated all the drivers I could find updates for, and I updated the BIOS. Since...
  5. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  6. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  7. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't login after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't login after updates: After microsoft updates, my pc doesn't accept my PIN or MS pw. All are typed in correctly. Need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-after-updates/b5cdc2f4-73ce-4f4d-9c98-01145a79b83e
  9. Can't login after update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login after update.: So every time I update Windows 10 I always seem to have a problem logging back in. The update loads, it restarts, I get to the login screen and type in my password, only to have the loading icon freeze next to the Welcome. Usually, I'd go through the hassle of uninstalling...
  10. Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD: Can someone help me figure out what's causing this BSOD? It's Win 10 Pro (1909). I've made sure the drivers and BIOS are up to date already and ran sfc /scannow that did repair some errors. ************* Path validation summary ************** Response Time (ms) Location...