Windows 10: Couldn’t open PDF in Edge, Something’s keeping this PDF from the opening

Discus and support Couldn’t open PDF in Edge, Something’s keeping this PDF from the opening in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 uses Microsoft Edge as a default web browser. This new built-in browser is replaced with the older Internet Explorer for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 1, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Couldn’t open PDF in Edge, Something’s keeping this PDF from the opening

WinClub, Apr 1, 2019

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Community: Acrobat Reader | Adobe Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Problems opening PDF in Edge

I had saved several printed several files off of the internet to pdf and have not experienced any issues until today. I tried to open a file and received the following message.

Couldn’t open PDF

Something’s keeping this PDF from opening.

• Go back to the last page
    I went to several other files that I have done this way previously and was no longer able to open them as well which is causing a serios issue. I have tried to open the file in other formats but have had no luck. Any suggestions?

MagerVarnado, Apr 1, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

opening pdf file

Hi Kieran,

Right click a PDF file, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open PDF . . .'

If Edge is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Does Edge appear in that list?

If Edge will not open a PDF file for you, what error are you seeing when you try to open a PDF in Edge?

DaveM121, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Couldn’t open PDF in Edge, Something’s keeping this PDF from the opening - Similar Threads - Couldn’t open PDF

2. how to prevent Edge to open Pdf files??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to prevent Edge to open Pdf files??: everytime i change the default Pdf viewer after couple of restart edge became again the main pdf viewer, how can i stop that ??thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-edge-to-open-pdf-files/305cdbe3-8e9b-4c88-9d49-48a90904b2eb
  3. how to prevent Edge to open Pdf files??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to prevent Edge to open Pdf files??: everytime i change the default Pdf viewer after couple of restart edge became again the main pdf viewer, how can i stop that ??thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-edge-to-open-pdf-files/305cdbe3-8e9b-4c88-9d49-48a90904b2eb
  4. Microsoft Edge keeps opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps opening PDF files: Good day Supporti have problem with Edge keeps on hijacking my PDF, i have tried changing default app to adobe acrobat , but after a reboot edge becomes the default app. Please help ?Edge is up to date. Microsoft EdgeVersion 92.0.902.73 Official build 64-bitAcrobat reader is...
  5. Saving a PDF file opened in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF file opened in Edge: Until recently, a file opened in Edge could be saved by "right clicking", selecting "Save" and then saving to the target directory on Surface. Now the "Save" functionality is greyed out i.e. saving is not possible so you have to print to PDF which takes longer. Any idea...
  6. Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a websites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a websites: Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a forum that has a thread with a pdf file attached. It wants me to save the pdf to my HD instead. I'm using Adobe Reader and this is the first I have noticed this change. Edge Version 80.361.62 64bit The Extension App shows pdf...
  7. Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge)

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge): My Windows 7 desktop came with Nuance pdf Reader installed. My Windows 10 default is Edge, but I don't like it and I use Internet Explorer 11 for a browser. Can you suggest a pdf Reader? Thanks, cb 119456
  8. open pdf files using Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    open pdf files using Edge: I cannot open a PDF online. I am using Win 10 and Adobe Acrobat 9. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/open-pdf-files-using-edge/c94f483d-1aba-4fca-acad-949ae4d5e628
  9. microsoft edge keep opening PDF files

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge keep opening PDF files: Yes I have done that without joy still Microsoft Edge keeps hijacking my .pdf files. [img]
  10. Cannot download or open pdf in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot download or open pdf in Edge: Sometime over the past couple of days I have lost the ability to download any files when browsing with Edge and I cannot open PDF files from within Edge either. Downloading just says xxxx.yyy couldn't be downloaded and nothing will fix it - yet I can download using IE or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something is keeping pdf from opening

2. Something’s keeping this PDF from opening.

3. couldnt open PDF

4. somethings keeping this pdf from opening,
  5. Couldn’t open PDF,
  6. couldn’t open pdfsomething’s keeping this pdf from opening.go back to the last page,
  7. couldn’t open pdfsomething’s keeping this pdf from opening.,
  8. Something’s keeping this PDF from opening,
  9. couldn’t open pdfsomething’s keeping this pdf from opening. edge,
  10. Couldn’t open PDF Something’s keeping this PDF from opening.,
  11. couldn’t open pdfsomething’s keeping this pdf from opening,
  12. couldnt open pdf somethings keeping,
  13. somethings keeping pdf from opening,
  14. couldnt open pdf edge,
  15. couldnt open pdf in edge from a specific site