Windows 10: Couldn't update the windows

Discus and support Couldn't update the windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Justine, I get the error when I try to update windows. When my laptop restarts it attempts to update but ends up displaying a message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Milanmlb, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Milanmlb Win User

Couldn't update the windows

Hello Justine, I get the error when I try to update windows. When my laptop restarts it attempts to update but ends up displaying a message that roughly translates to "Updates can not be completed, undoing changes, do not turn off the computer". When I'm finally logged in, I get a pop up that says "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x800f0922". I deleted the downloaded package and let it download again. But same error appeared again. What can I do

:)

Milanmlb, Jun 12, 2021

2. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

Couldn't update the windows [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

Couldn't update the windows [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Walo71a Win User
    Update KB4550961 couldn´t be installed

Hi! I´ve tried hard to install KB 4550961 unsuccessfully. Even run this or that in order to correct whatever the problem might be.

However, after restart it appears “Updates couldn’t be installed” on the screen. Running Scannow and Restorehealth as Administrator didn´t
    work either.

I´ve also gone step by step thru “Fix Windows Update errors” steps 1 to 5. I´m reluctant to follow Step 6 Reset or Reinstall Windows –
    Refresh is not included - because I´m afraid I might loss some stuff important, though I created a restoration point and a USB recovery drive, just in case.

Walo71a, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Couldn't update the windows

Lumia 650, we couldn´t connect to the update service

Hi,

Have a lumia 650 with Version 1511, OS build 10.0.10586.494 is this the latest version?

When i check for updates i get this: we couldn´t connect to the update service, we`ll try again later..

I have internet connection via WiFi and a microsoft account set up.

Christian.T, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Couldn't update the windows

1. Couldn't update the windows - Similar Threads - Couldn't update

2. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Hello. I cant update my win10. Every time i get this error on 97%: We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes.My CBS folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag2f64qHpHghjAGwSNXlm5-226oR?e=4OhLFEDoing many fix attempts, nothing helps :Help me pls....
  3. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Hello. I cant update my win10. Every time i get this error on 97%: We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes.My CBS folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag2f64qHpHghjAGwSNXlm5-226oR?e=4OhLFEDoing many fix attempts, nothing helps :Help me pls....
  4. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...
  6. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

"We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...
  7. i am unable to update my windows and keep getting "we couldn't install this update but you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to update my windows and keep getting "we couldn't install this update but you...: i recently bought a laptop it came with windows 11 preinstalled. however due to some issues coming up i had to replace the motherboard of it. after replacing the motherboard the service center guy reset the windows using there company's tool namely "asus winrecovery"....
  8. i am unable to update my windows and keep getting "we couldn't install this update but you...

i am unable to update my windows and keep getting "we couldn't install this update but you...: i recently bought a laptop it came with windows 11 preinstalled. however due to some issues coming up i had to replace the motherboard of it. after replacing the motherboard the service center guy reset the windows using there company's tool namely "asus winrecovery"....
  9. continuing problems updating Win 10 pro 2022H2 - we couldn't complete the update - undoing...

continuing problems updating Win 10 pro 2022H2 - we couldn't complete the update - undoing...: Environment: Dual boot environment with Windos 10 Pro 22H2 - Linux Mint 23.1 Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎21.‎04.‎2021 OS build 19045.3930 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 2 years ago moved the windows installation to a new SSD...
  10. continuing problems updating Win 10 pro 2022H2 - we couldn't complete the update - undoing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    continuing problems updating Win 10 pro 2022H2 - we couldn't complete the update - undoing...: Environment: Dual boot environment with Windos 10 Pro 22H2 - Linux Mint 23.1 Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎21.‎04.‎2021 OS build 19045.3930 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 2 years ago moved the windows installation to a new SSD...