Windows 10: Count reported by Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient, Error 0xC004F038

Discus and support Count reported by Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient, Error 0xC004F038 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Key Management Service or KMS is a part of Volume Licensing for Windows Activation. […] This article Count reported by Key Management Service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 31, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Count reported by Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient, Error 0xC004F038

WinClub, Jan 31, 2021

2. no key management service (kms)

we have server windows 2012 for activation windows

before is work but today not work

message error

"error :0xc004f074 the software licensing service reported that computer not be activated "

Count reported by Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient, Error 0xC004F038 50523033-a90b-4ada-bf1a-828ac87190d3.jpg

amanahtabuk, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Nancee48 Win User
    Cnnot access Credential Manager Get error 0x80070005

cannot accesss Credentilal manager get error 0x80070005

I've tried

Let’s check if the service is started or not. Follow the steps provided below:

1. Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    2. Type services.msc.
    3. In services windows, search for
      Credential Manager Service.
    4. Double click on it.
    5. Click on stop button and restart the computer
    Let’s start the service again and set it to automatic.

1. Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    2. Type services.msc.
    3. In services windows, search for
      Credential Manager Service.
    4. Double click on it.
    5. Click on start button.
    6. In the startup type change it to Automatic.
    7. Click on Apply and OK button.
    then tried system file checker That reported some files corrupt and fixed but I still have the problem

Any help please I am a novice , but good at follwoing instructions

thanks Nancee

Nancee48, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Count reported by Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient, Error 0xC004F038

Unable to Connect to Logical Disk Manager Service Error in Computer Management

WELL, I'll be an "S.O.B."! I got it... lol, just now!

Apparently, & I am going to record this & BOOKMARK/FAV it in my webbrowsers as "HOW TO FIX LOGICAL DISK MANAGER HASSLES" (lol), it is SOMETHING in my services!

You need THIS list of them running (provided you have them online that is, some OS won't have SOME of these (this is Windows Server 2003) & some are 3rd party & won't matter):

Count reported by Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient, Error 0xC004F038 SERVICESNEEDEDFORLOGICALDISKMGT2SERVICES.jpg

* NO SAFE MODE REQUIRED - THIS FIXED IT, PURELY SERVICES RELATED... oddly, no "dependencies" other than the ones the services need (RPC & Plug n Play) are listed in the 2 services for Logical Disk Management... it's like MS missed (somehow) the fact that there IS other dependencies on other services than what they list!

That list above is PROBABLY "overkill" & it is only a fraction of that list above, but the point is there... with ALL of those active? Logical Disk Manager "gets its act together" again & works!

APK

P.S.=> BRB, with screenshot of services & their startup status needed for this to work, in case anyone else hits this... it is a real you-know-what if you can't get to a disk to format it, lol... so, recording it for everyone's sake! apk

Alec§taar, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Count reported by Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient, Error 0xC004F038

1. Count reported by Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient, Error 0xC004F038 - Similar Threads - Count reported Key

2. cannot start credential manager service because of insufficient resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot start credential manager service because of insufficient resources: i am having issues with user accounts and i see credential manager service stopped. when i try to start it, it says error 1450: insufficient resources exist. when i tun DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth, it says No component store corruption detected. The operation...
  3. cannot start credential manager service because of insufficient resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot start credential manager service because of insufficient resources: i am having issues with user accounts and i see credential manager service stopped. when i try to start it, it says error 1450: insufficient resources exist. when i tun DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth, it says No component store corruption detected. The operation...
  4. cannot start credential manager service because of insufficient resources

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 activiation thru Key Management Services KMS method Microsoft Generic Volume...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 activiation thru Key Management Services KMS method Microsoft Generic Volume...: We want to purchase Volume License for Windows 10 for our company and activate thru KMS method but one of my friends told me that now a days Windows 10 activiation thru KMS is not supported. Is this true? If not then how to purchase volume license & activate thru KMS.Thank...
  6. Windows 10 activiation thru Key Management Services KMS method Microsoft Generic Volume...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 activiation thru Key Management Services KMS method Microsoft Generic Volume...: We want to purchase Volume License for Windows 10 for our company and activate thru KMS method but one of my friends told me that now a days Windows 10 activiation thru KMS is not supported. Is this true? If not then how to purchase volume license & activate thru KMS.Thank...
  7. Windows 10 activiation thru Key Management Services KMS method Microsoft Generic Volume...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Error 0xC004F042, Specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0xC004F042, Specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used: [ATTACH]Volume Licensing Activation Error Code 0xC004F042 shows up when the KMS host cannot activate the […] This article Error 0xC004F042, Specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Regarding KMS Reporting log

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Regarding KMS Reporting log: Do we need to include logs for VMs (Child Machines) that are only for 1 time use for 2 to 3 hours interval and are created by cloning the actual VMs (Base Machines)? These actual VMs (Base Machines) are activated through KMS Host and Key. When we get logs from KMS Host, we...
  10. Windows Activation Errors 0x8007232B, 0xC004F074, 0xC004F038, 0x8007007B

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Activation Errors 0x8007232B, 0xC004F074, 0xC004F038, 0x8007007B: [ATTACH] Windows Activation Error 0x8007232B, 0xC004F074, 0xC004F038, 0x8007007B can occur in multiple scenarios. It could be because you are using an incorrect version key or you are not connected to a work network or you need to connect with your organization [...] This...