Windows 10: Countdown to greatness help?

Discus and support Countdown to greatness help? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So my computer gets stuck if i restart (not turn off and on, restart option) or update it. i tried to fix this forever ago and couldnt, im getting a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Raiin, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Raiin Win User

Countdown to greatness help?

So my computer gets stuck if i restart (not turn off and on, restart option) or update it. i tried to fix this forever ago and couldnt, im getting a new pc (needed an upgrade anyway) but i dont currently have the money, so while i wait to be able to get a new pc i have to deal with these constant update notifications (sometimes appearing while im playing a game, resulting in me accidentally restarting my computer and getting it stuck restarting)

Last thing i tried was use run to open services, go to windows update, and change it from "running" to "stopped" and from "manual" to "I dont remember what the option was but it stopped the updates"
    This worked for a good while but now the options to change it from running and change it from manual are grayed out and i cant click any of it. any help? is this a known issue?
    It probably is.

:)

Raiin, Jun 29, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 29, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Jun 29, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

App for scheduled countdown timer?

Hi, I'm wondering why are you relying solely on the Store?

There are thousands - millions perhaps- of freeware and commercial programs out there that are not apps. Or do you only need something that runs in a tile, for example? I sometimes wonder whether the introduction of universal apps and the Store will lead people - especially newcomers- to forget Windows can be used entirely without the store, its Start Menu, and universal apps...

Here are some lists of freeware programs:

List of Best Free Countdown Timers
    Best Free Timer and Alarm Clock | Gizmo's Freeware

dalchina, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Countdown to greatness help? - Similar Threads - Countdown greatness help

2. chkdsk countdown loops once then doesnt start need help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk countdown loops once then doesnt start need help: i used the wedern digital diagnostic software and no problem was found but on my c drive under tools it says errors were found and it says run a chkdsk but when i try to run one it doesnt start it just does a 8 second countdown twice then just logs me in without the chkdsk...
  3. Countdown timer Overlay

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Countdown timer Overlay: Is there a way to give a visual countdown that overlays over other applications? I have been using the family safety settings to limit screen time. My only issue is that it does not warn the user prior to the program simply shutting off. If there is not something built into...
  4. Any help is greatly appreciated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any help is greatly appreciated: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pondorasti [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jambw7/any_help_is_greatly_appreciated/
  5. Any help greatly appreciated

Any help greatly appreciated: submitted by /u/WHOinvitedLAGG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ho52kt/any_help_greatly_appreciated/
  6. SCHEDULED Pop Up Countdown Timer - Alarm AND Countdown & SECOND Alarm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCHEDULED Pop Up Countdown Timer - Alarm AND Countdown & SECOND Alarm: ***NOT LOOKING FOR ORDINARY COUNTDOWN TIMER!!** I'm looking for a countdown timer that I can SCHEDULE at set times during the week/day and have it pop up up and give an alarm, AND countdown for a the number of minutes I set and do a SECOND ALARM. I want both alarms to be...
  7. any help would be great

in Windows 10 Support
    any help would be great: my screen is flickering afther windows 10 needed an update and when i try restart + shit i click on troubleshoot theres no "reset your pc" or "advanced options" theres only "start-up settings" and when i click on it and try safe mode my screen still flickering/ only safe mode...
  8. Is there a simple countdown app I can have on my taskbar to countdown to a certain date?

Is there a simple countdown app I can have on my taskbar to countdown to a certain date?: First of all, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask - I’ve been wondering about this for a few days and have no idea where else to ask about it. I’m looking for some sort of program that’ll show a countdown timer on my taskbar (or somewhere else non-intrusive, but...
  9. Screensaver Countdown Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Countdown Feature: Any ideas on how a person might add a countdown timer, to warn that the screensaver is about to turn on? I've got to re-login whenever it does, and sometimes I'm just sitting here, thinking. I wouldn't want something like Mouse Jiggler -- I do want the screensaver to turn on,...
  10. SHA-1 deprecation countdown

in Windows 10 News
    SHA-1 deprecation countdown: The SHA-1 hash algorithm is no longer secure. Weaknesses in SHA-1 could allow an attacker to spoof content, execute phishing attacks, or perform man-in-the-middle attacks when browsing the web. Microsoft, in collaboration with other members of the industry, is working to...