Windows 10: Countless BSoD errors mainly involving drivers

Discus and support Countless BSoD errors mainly involving drivers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just built my first pc a couple of weeks ago and since I have built it and installed windows then I have had countless BSoD errors mainly involving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jack_1234, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Jack_1234 Win User

Countless BSoD errors mainly involving drivers

I just built my first pc a couple of weeks ago and since I have built it and installed windows then I have had countless BSoD errors mainly involving drivers. I have checked the memory dumps and the BSoD errors usually are: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA or sometimes it is a memory error like ATTEMPTED TO WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY, the memory dumps usually say that it is becuase of a driver error and after running it through WhoCrashed it says the same and also that it is most definetly a software issue. There doesn’t seem to be a particular pattern to when the error occurs so I can’t pinpoint a problem.

I have tried the following:

• I’ve used device manager to update all drivers to the latest version as well as driver hub https://www.drvhub.net/ in an attempt to update all drivers
    • The OS is entirely up to date
    • I have run memtest86 a few times and it has always came back with no errors, as well as this I have run sfc /scannow and the dism commands that many websites suggest and although occasionally these commands say they have fixed a file, the issue still persists
    • I have reinstalled windows 3 times from a USB the installation media was created on the pc and twice from windows RE although I couldn’t do a cloud reinstall because I got another error concerning a Realtek ethernet driver
    • I have tried booting in safe mode and that does help and work ok but sometimes safe mode crashes as well from the same errors as mentioned above but with MS drivers
    • I have used driver verifier and it usually passes with standard settings but with custom settings where I select everything in the list it most often fails
    • finally, I have tried resetting the bios by removing the CMOS battery for over 10 minutes then placing it back in again. The bios seems up to date

PC specs:

• Ryzen 5 3400g
    • MSI A320 -M Pro Max
    • 2x Gskill 8gb 3200
    • Asus Geforce GTX 1650 OC 4gb
    • Seasonic 80+ bronze 500w psu

I hope I have given enough information and if you need any more then just ask, I can send over memory dumps and anything you ask for.

thanks for helping

:)

Jack_1234, Jan 18, 2021
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Countless BSoD errors mainly involving drivers [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Jan 18, 2021
  4. cplpro Win User

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Countless BSoD errors mainly involving drivers :)

cplpro, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Countless BSoD errors mainly involving drivers - Similar Threads - Countless BSoD errors

2. multiple crashes involving drivers and power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple crashes involving drivers and power: hello I have an ASUS g14 2022 Ryzen 6900hs and 6700s and I've been experiencing crashing whenever I unplug and the laptop has to lower the power available to the CPU the errors I get seem to be driver related but I cannot figure out witch one the errors are iqrl not less or...
  3. multiple crashes involving drivers and power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple crashes involving drivers and power: hello I have an ASUS g14 2022 Ryzen 6900hs and 6700s and I've been experiencing crashing whenever I unplug and the laptop has to lower the power available to the CPU the errors I get seem to be driver related but I cannot figure out witch one the errors are iqrl not less or...
  4. Plagued with over a year of countless BSOD loops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plagued with over a year of countless BSOD loops.: Plagued for over a year with countless BSOD loops. I’ve tried most things, swapped hardware, reinstalled windows, clean installs, memory tests, disk cleanups, new drives, disconnecting USB hubs, Windows 11, Windows 10, disabling fast boot, turning off anything that even...
  5. Plagued with over a year of countless BSOD loops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plagued with over a year of countless BSOD loops.: Plagued for over a year with countless BSOD loops. I’ve tried most things, swapped hardware, reinstalled windows, clean installs, memory tests, disk cleanups, new drives, disconnecting USB hubs, Windows 11, Windows 10, disabling fast boot, turning off anything that even...
  6. BSOD involving ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD involving ntoskrnl.exe: Hello, I had a BSOD involving ntoskrnl.exe. Here is the DMP file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qxZWGzvPLBrP9GeOHrAHfMi1xBNGqvHA/view?usp=sharing Any help would be much welcome!...
  7. BSODs involving hal.dll / ntoskrnl.exe

BSODs involving hal.dll / ntoskrnl.exe: Hey all, I've been dealing with these BSODs for a couple of weeks now. The strange thing - they seem to be happening while the PC is not in use. In trying to hunt down the issue, it sounds like it's either the recent windows update, or hyper-v that causes it. I've done lots...
  8. Error involving 'System.Transactions.dll'

Error involving 'System.Transactions.dll': I have recieved the following error message: "A problem occurred during install: Could not load file or assemble 'System.Transactions.dll' or one of its dependencies. A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routing failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A). The mod...
  9. Error involving 'System.Transactions.dll'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error involving 'System.Transactions.dll': I have recieved the following error message: "A problem occurred during install: Could not load file or assemble 'System.Transactions.dll' or one of its dependencies. A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routing failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A). The mod...
  10. error involving RTKVAC.SYS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error involving RTKVAC.SYS: My motherboard is a SuperMicro X6DAL-XTG. I installed the L: drivers that are provided with that motherboard. The package is A3.79, it contains version 5.10.0.5950 (2005-10-24) of the driver. It works, although a bit crippled since there is neither Control Panel app nor the...