Windows 10: Couple of Nooby questions about Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Couple of Nooby questions about Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; FYI, This is not true. The real reason for formatting with FAT32 is for backward compatible with old version of UEFI firmware, with new version of UEFI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Jeddie, Mar 18, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Couple of Nooby questions about Macrium Reflect

NTFS will not boot with secure boot enabled from memory. Also see LX07 reply.

Point is NTFS may work, FAT32 always works.

cereberus, Apr 16, 2017
  2. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

No, no.
    512 Kb ?

No need to use an external program to mount an ISO file either.

For UEFI systems, it's dead simple really.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 17, 2017
  3. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

@OldMike65: How do you arrive at a 33.3 Gb/s write to a spinner ??

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 17, 2017
  4. OldMike65 Win User

That screen shot is from MR, and that WD is a Black WD version, which is their fastest drive. All I did was take a pic of the results from MR after completing the full image backup.

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Couple of Nooby questions about Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Couple Nooby questions

2. A couple Macrium Reflect questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    A couple Macrium Reflect questions: Stuff like this should be obvious but I'm at a loss. I made a full system backup, and plan on doing daily incremental backups to a dedicated external drive. To open Macrium, I had to Ok UAC. Once the backup was made, I exited the program. Will Macrium do the incremental...
  3. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I know with Macrium free version you can make 4 differential backups. What's not clear to me is it 4 differential backups per full backup or 4 differential backups total. Thanks in advance for any replies. Mark 140588
  4. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I know with Macrium free version you can make 4 differential backups. What's not clear to me is it 4 differential backups per full backup or 4 differential backups total. Thanks in advance for any replies. Mark 140588
  5. Question about Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi. I hope this doesn't sound dumb but I created a Macrium Rescue Media on a USB stick and also on the Boot menu. Am I correct in assuming that there is no problem with doing this as now I would have the option of using the USB stick in the event that I can't boot into...
  6. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I apologize because the question I'm about to ask was basically answered in a previous post by me but I'd like to be very clear on this. If I make a full backup image with Macrium then let's say a week later I make a differential backup. If at some point I want to restore...
  7. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I apologize because the question I'm about to ask was basically answered in a previous post by me but I'd like to be very clear on this. If I make a full backup image with Macrium then let's say a week later I make a differential backup. If at some point I want to restore...
  8. Question about using Macrium Reflect

Question about using Macrium Reflect: Hi. I'll be making a system image using Macrium Reflect for the first time. I will backup the Windows (C) Drive, Windows RE Tools and the EFI System Partitions. I'd like to know if I should also backup the Recovery Drive (D). Thanks in advance for any replies. Note that I did...
  9. Question about Macrium Reflect

Question about Macrium Reflect: Better late than never, but I've finally started using backup/cloning software, namely Macrium Reflect considering all the praise it gets. But I need to ask, is downloading the PE files used for creating a restore USB necessary if I'm just going to be cloning my drive?...
  10. A Question About Macrium Reflect

A Question About Macrium Reflect: Will Macrium take care of it when making the Bootable rescue media on a USB or do I need a third party tool to make partitions and to make it Bootable? I'v got a brand new USB flash Drive that's factory formatted to FAT32. Do I need to make any further prep with it? 97810