Windows 10: couple of windows 10 issues

Discus and support couple of windows 10 issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 1. I use the 'colored titlebars' trick from WinAero. Only some programs (Media Player Classic, Mozilla FireFox etc.) have a weird box around the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksdixon, Aug 3, 2015.

1. ksdixon Win User

couple of windows 10 issues

1. I use the 'colored titlebars' trick from WinAero. Only some programs (Media Player Classic, Mozilla FireFox etc.) have a weird box around the titlebar text when that window isn't active. It looks like the old Windows Aero Basic theme, an off-color grey-blue.

2. I can't drag n drop my pinned jumplist items to rearrange them. I have to manually un-pin and re-pin everything one by one.

3. Where's the option gone to edit how many items show-up on the jump lists? I thought it used to be in the Start Menu & Taskbar properties popup, when you right-click and select Properties on the Taskbar.

4. I turned Cortana's ability to search the web/suggest web results in the search box by blocking 'search' in Windows Firewall. Howver, I realized lately that Cortana isn't throwing-up OneDrive files. Is there a way to make Cortana look in OneDrive as well as local drives?

5. I have my display setting's resolution set to the (Reccomended) value. However when I enter 'SlideShow' mode in Windows Photo Viewer, I only see a zoomed-in portion of the upper-left of the image, instead of the image in full-screen. How can I fix this?

:)

ksdixon, Aug 3, 2015

2. E71 - couple of issues...

Right i can see why my log was sometimes showing in the list.

It seems if its open and i open another app (contacts, calendar etc) then the log will appear in the running apps list as its not been shut down yet.

This will explain why I get this but not why your are having trouble. Just wanted to clear that up.

dave_bass5, Aug 3, 2015
  3. E71 - couple of issues...

If its closed before the call then i have no idea why its open. If its already open then you need to manaully close it. You only need to do this once.

Ive not seen any settings that opens it when yo utake a call.

dave_bass5, Aug 3, 2015
  4. jab8356 Win User

I am having the same issue as your #2 and also sort of related to your #3, I can pin as many items as I want to Firefox in the task bar, but only 6 or 7 are visible. I cannot see the rest of them.

jab8356, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Peaceful Win User
    Same as #2. Can find no setting that will sort jump lists, nor will they drag n drop. Unless this is a solved issue, the jump lists become only a touch better than useless.

Peaceful, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. couple of windows 10 issues - Similar Threads - couple issues

2. Photos will not come up - only happened in last couple of days - update issue perhaps???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos will not come up - only happened in last couple of days - update issue perhaps???: Photos will not come up - only happened in last couple of days - update issue perhaps???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-will-not-come-up-only-happened-in-last/68454567-92f6-47f0-9366-d2e91c6134e4
  3. Photos will not come up - only happened in last couple of days - update issue perhaps???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos will not come up - only happened in last couple of days - update issue perhaps???: Photos will not come up - only happened in last couple of days - update issue perhaps???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-will-not-come-up-only-happened-in-last/68454567-92f6-47f0-9366-d2e91c6134e4
  4. Hello, my elitebook 840 G3 has been having a couple of issues for the past 2weeks or so. 1....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, my elitebook 840 G3 has been having a couple of issues for the past 2weeks or so. 1....: Some keys are not working. The letters : G, H. Backspace button. Pg dn and delete buttons are not working either. I have already tried troubleshooting, but it didn't work. Neither did updating the Keyboard driver.The touchpad is lagging really bad and it apparently doesn't...
  5. Hello, my elitebook 840 G3 has been having a couple of issues for the past 2weeks or so. 1....

Hello, my elitebook 840 G3 has been having a couple of issues for the past 2weeks or so. 1....: Some keys are not working. The letters : G, H. Backspace button. Pg dn and delete buttons are not working either. I have already tried troubleshooting, but it didn't work. Neither did updating the Keyboard driver.The touchpad is lagging really bad and it apparently doesn't...
  6. Hello, my elitebook 840 G3 has been having a couple of issues for the past 2weeks or so. 1....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft Jigsaw - The new collection of Morocco puzzles has a couple of puzzle name issues...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw - The new collection of Morocco puzzles has a couple of puzzle name issues...: Regarding Microsoft Jigsaw, the new collection of Morocco puzzles has a couple of puzzle name issues that you may want to check. What is labeled as "City of Idris I" is actually "Moulay Idriss, Morocco". Moulay Idriss, Moulay Driss Zerhoun or simply Zerhoun is a town in the...
  8. Microsoft Jigsaw - The new collection of Morocco puzzles has a couple of puzzle name issues...

Microsoft Jigsaw - The new collection of Morocco puzzles has a couple of puzzle name issues...: Regarding Microsoft Jigsaw, the new collection of Morocco puzzles has a couple of puzzle name issues that you may want to check. What is labeled as "City of Idris I" is actually "Moulay Idriss, Morocco". Moulay Idriss, Moulay Driss Zerhoun or simply Zerhoun is a town in the...
  9. Im having a couple issues and nothing is working how do i fix them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im having a couple issues and nothing is working how do i fix them?: Recently changed from Xbox to pc and had a few issues some I've sorted others I cannot fix for some reason or another.I am currently running the most recent version of Windows 111.Xbox app wont open I've tried removing all data relating to the Xbox app and only the Xbox and...
  10. Im having a couple issues and nothing is working how do i fix them?

Im having a couple issues and nothing is working how do i fix them?: Recently changed from Xbox to pc and had a few issues some I've sorted others I cannot fix for some reason or another.I am currently running the most recent version of Windows 111.Xbox app wont open I've tried removing all data relating to the Xbox app and only the Xbox and...