Windows 10: Couple problems here and there

Discus and support Couple problems here and there in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First of all, I keep getting this error notification that says "taskhostw.exe Success Unkown Hard Error," this all started a couple of days ago but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by john, Jun 9, 2021.

1. john Win User

Couple problems here and there

First of all, I keep getting this error notification that says "taskhostw.exe Success Unkown Hard Error," this all started a couple of days ago but it used to say "cftmon.exe Success Unknown Hard Error," but I got that to stop by disabling the program itself which I believe accessed Language and Communications? Further on, it wouldn't allow me to type in my Windows Search Bar, which I use everyday; I'm practically begging at this point, I just want my computer to work again.

:)

john, Jun 9, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 9, 2021
  3. JKarch Win User
    A Couple Questions About Partitions

Hello, it's been a couple days. So I decided to get back at the effort of resolving this, but I'm so confused on how to perform the steps you have listed above even though the list looks pretty simple and self-explanatory. Is it possible to go a little bit more in depth and explain it like you're talking to someone who has no experience doing something like this? That would be greatly appreciated.

JKarch, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Nate W.H. Win User

Update problems

Hi TiffanyBowers,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand your Lumia 610 keeps getting stuck on step 6 of the update that you're trying to install. I can provide you a few steps to try in an effort to resolve the update issue.

There are a couple of different steps on a support page located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484
    that we'll want to try. I would suggest the steps for stuck in download mode, stuck at OEM splash screen, and error not listed on this page.

Before performing the suggested reset under the steps for error not listed, I would first suggest trying a soft reset. If you're able to remove the battery, leaving it out of the phone for a few minutes will soft reset the phone. Another option for performing
    a soft reset would be to hold the power and volume down buttons until the phone has restarted completely.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful to your update issue.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Couple problems here and there - Similar Threads - Couple problems here

2. Here's my problem . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Here's my problem . . .: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I'm used to be able, to change the picture on an icon.Like, for email. I would, click on properties. "Change Icon"Then I would see, the icon window. Select the one, I want. "Apply"My first, picture. Is the, icon file.My...
  3. Here's my problem . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Here's my problem . . .: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I'm used to be able, to change the picture on an icon.Like, for email. I would, click on properties. "Change Icon"Then I would see, the icon window. Select the one, I want. "Apply"My first, picture. Is the, icon file.My...
  4. Here's my problem . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. a couple o problems here concerning the following: word 365 and my computer itself, windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a couple o problems here concerning the following: word 365 and my computer itself, windows...: so about word its that i will start it after a long wait but it doesent seem to work properly documents will randomly crash my fonts will go haywire mostly to funnily enough: comic sans and it seems that it can never settle on a size also sometimes the pictures will go behind...
  6. a couple o problems here concerning the following: word 365 and my computer itself, windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a couple o problems here concerning the following: word 365 and my computer itself, windows...: so about word its that i will start it after a long wait but it doesent seem to work properly documents will randomly crash my fonts will go haywire mostly to funnily enough: comic sans and it seems that it can never settle on a size also sometimes the pictures will go behind...
  7. a couple o problems here concerning the following: word 365 and my computer itself, windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Problems since last couple of updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems since last couple of updates: Some time after the last Windows update (maybe 2) I have a few issues. 1. I no longer can get icons in my pictures folder only the Microsoft Photo icon. I have tried all the suggested fixes, but nothing works. 2. My earplug jack isn't working properly. I plug in my earbud...
  9. I have a BIG problem here

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a BIG problem here: My Windows cant open sound menus, I work with music so I need this to work Then I try to uptade my Windows and I couldnt do It, my PC dont let me Then I try to format my PC, and I couldnt do It, happend an erro and nothings has changed I cant open msconfig neither CMD...
  10. 3rd upgrade, first with a couple of problems

in Windows 10 Support
    3rd upgrade, first with a couple of problems: So I just upgraded my wife's computer and noticed it loads directly to my account which has no password. When I restart it never asks who's account I want to logon to, just goes to mine. Of the three computer I've upgraded this is the first to do this. Also in the power...