Windows 10: coverting a bootable sub drive back to a normal drive

Discus and support coverting a bootable sub drive back to a normal drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried converting my usb drive so I could boot tails from it, but it didn't work, so now I want my drive back to normal. how can I do this? any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/711_did_bush, Mar 12, 2020.

1. coverting a bootable sub drive back to a normal drive

I tried converting my usb drive so I could boot tails from it, but it didn't work, so now I want my drive back to normal.

how can I do this?

any help is appreciated!!

submitted by /u/711_did_bush
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/711_did_bush, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Chewy Win User

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Mar 12, 2020
  3. third sata drive not bootable ?

Exactly. On the where do you want to install Windows screen, it has the list of all 3 drives, but when I choose the new drive is when it says it cannot install because the drive is not a bootable drive. If I select one of the other drives with XP installed it doesn't give that message.

jeepdriver, Mar 12, 2020
  4. coverting a bootable sub drive back to a normal drive

Make second drive bootable

Thanks guys. The first drive is actually now in another computer. I was trying to cheat to make the drive that was the second drive bootable. I downloaded Partition Wizard Bootable CD and was able to make it the primary drive, but that still didn't work since it had installed BOOTMGR on the first drive. Secondly, I'm short one DVD drive ATM. I'll have a new DVD drive here on Friday and then I will try newtekie's suggestion, mostly out of curiosity. It has 32 bit on it now and I'm going to give 64 bit a try. Anyone have the RC1 64 bit ISO?

thebluebumblebee, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

coverting a bootable sub drive back to a normal drive

1. coverting a bootable sub drive back to a normal drive - Similar Threads - coverting bootable sub

2. fix sub flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix sub flash drive.: Trying to fix USB flash drive not being recognized by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-sub-flash-drive/54703b43-638e-4331-8db0-c8414a1a8862
  3. fix sub flash drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fix sub flash drive.: Trying to fix USB flash drive not being recognized by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-sub-flash-drive/54703b43-638e-4331-8db0-c8414a1a8862
  4. fix sub flash drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Convert ISO drive back to normal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert ISO drive back to normal: When I reinstalled Windows 10. The download program took over by USB drive that I was using for backups and converted it to an ISO drive. Now windows wont let me use it for backups. I reformatted the drive but it continues to be an ISO drive. How do I convert it back to a...
  6. Cloned Drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned Drive bootable?: I have an SSD in my laptop. I cloned it to a SSD in an external case. When I put the cloned drive in the laptop it isn't recognized. How do I make it bootable? 161368
  7. bootable drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bootable drive: My computer will not boot getting "{no bootable drive found" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-drive/5b6a0724-e6ae-4921-a744-8271d38634d2
  8. Drive in D3 Sub state

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drive in D3 Sub state: Hi, i would like to know if there are any methods to know of the drive was in D3 state during Connected standby if the drive under observation is a boot drive? TIA...
  9. Creating a bootable drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a bootable drive: I am going to be using a Clickfree backup drive as a Windows 10 bootable drive. [img] Does the bootable mage need to be burned onto the drive or can the file just be copied? 128448
  10. Bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Bootable USB drive: Hi I have been speaking to Macrium via Facebook and decided I will go for the full version and have the security of a full image if my notebook ever goes wrong.... plus they gave me a 20% discount code so that is good *Smile Just a couple of questions.... 1. I want...