Windows 10: Cowin Se7 headphones only recognized as a voice device

Discus and support Cowin Se7 headphones only recognized as a voice device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Cowin SE7 bluetooth headset that I love. It worked with my Windows 10 device (Surface Pro 4) for about a week before my Surface stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SDShauna, Aug 27, 2019.

1. SDShauna Win User

Cowin Se7 headphones only recognized as a voice device

I have a Cowin SE7 bluetooth headset that I love. It worked with my Windows 10 device (Surface Pro 4) for about a week before my Surface stopped recognizing it as an audio device. I have "driver error" listed under all of my bluetooth audio devices now, and it doesn't list a number associated with it. I have run the bluetooth troubleshooter, updated all of my drivers, reset all drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, and restarted my computer more times than I can count. Nothing is solving the issue. The headset pairs with other bluetooth devices just fine with no issues in performance. It also pairs and connects to the Surface, but the Surface says, "Connected voice" and not audio. It seems like the Surface is the issue, but I don't know what to do to get my bluetooth audio functioning correctly again.

:)

SDShauna, Aug 27, 2019

2. Cowin E7 bluetooth headphones connected but not recognized as audio device

I have Cowin E7 wireless bluetooth headphones that have been working fine for about 10 months. They recently stopped working on my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 13). They still connect and work fine using my phone, so the problem is probably with my
    laptop. Also, wired headphones still work with my laptop. The laptop does find and connect to the headphones from the "Add Bluetooth or other device", and it stays connected for a little while, but then I only see it as paired in the other devices section.
    The weird thing is that it does not appear as an output device for audio. Using the device manager, I've uninstalled my Dell Wireless 1820A Bluetooth 4.1 LE driver and restarted so it would reinstall it, and I did the same thing with the Realtek Audio device
    as well.

(This could be unrelated, but I see 2 devices under the Bluetooth section of device manager that I'm not sure what they are, Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator. I'm assuming those are supposed be there, but I'm not
    sure.)

I contacted Microsoft supporst yesterday, and they told me to do a network reset from Settings -> Network and Internet -> Network reset. This did not seem to solve it. They also emailed me a link to the Windows Media Creation Tool which would upgrade
    or update system files, but running that program led to a screen that says "This tool can't update your PC. The language or edition of Windows currently installed on your PC isn't supported by this tool.

If anyone has had a similar issue and has solved it, or if you think you know what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

jasperjade, Aug 27, 2019
  3. EdMeza Win User
    Bluetooth devices - Cordless Headphone sound quality has deteriorated.

Bluetooth is on, yet I have questions regarding the Bluetooth devices.

Could you possibly connect remotely with me?

1) One connected device reads as now discoverable as "Edmundo-PC" (I don't

understand what this means.)

2) I had an older COWIN E7 set of headphones and they broke, yet E7 still

shows as a connected device.

3) The replacement set of COWIN E7 new headphones should be listed as "2 E7 Stereo",

but it is not listed on Bluetooth connected devices, yet it is when I click on Volume/Playback.

4) I also have Dolby Atmos (spatial sound) connected. Somehow volume has

become worse - quality wise.

Should you need more information or have questions, please do so. I would

appreciate help on getting this sorted.
    Thanks.

Ed

EdMeza, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Cowin Se7 headphones only recognized as a voice device

Headphones not recognized in playback devices

Hi Varmen,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

As the system is unable to recognize the headphones, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

This troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks for any common issues with the audio device and provides the detailed report of the device status.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • From the list, click on Playing Audio and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, then try method 2.

Method 2: Uninstall the Sound drivers.

• Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
    • Select Sound, video and gaming controllers.
    • Uninstall the High definition audio driver
    • Restart the system.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Cowin Se7 headphones only recognized as a voice device

1. Cowin Se7 headphones only recognized as a voice device - Similar Threads - Cowin Se7 headphones

2. Bluetooth headphones connect as music only, not as voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones connect as music only, not as voice: Hi,I have tried this with several Bluetooth devices with a microphone, but Windows connects to them for output only, not input. In this example, the Mpow Bluetooth 5.0 headphones are connected for music only, even though the icon shows headphonesWhy wouldn't Windows recognize...
  3. Bluetooth headphones will only connect for voice but not sound

Bluetooth headphones will only connect for voice but not sound: I have researched this problem extensively and spent hours trying to resolve it as others have suggested but cannot get my bluetooth headphones to connect for sound. When paired, the sound still plays through my laptop speakers. Here is what I have done to try to fix this...
  4. Cowin E7 headphone - Windows 10 20H2

Cowin E7 headphone - Windows 10 20H2: I have being experiencing some issues with my Cowin E7 headphone lastly. It was working fine until the 20H2 update to Windows 10. Do you know if it’s related and how to make it work again?...
  5. Bluetooth headphone only connects to voice ?

Bluetooth headphone only connects to voice ?: I had been using Boat Rockers 480 V2 Bluetooth 5.0 headphone. When I tried to connect it to my laptop the device connected as voice only, I cant use the device as a playback device. I connected the same device to a different laptop and it pairs as voice and music. I have...
  6. Bluetooth headphones only connected as "voice"

Bluetooth headphones only connected as "voice": Every time I try to connect any Bluetooth headphone to my computer it will only connect initially as "voice" with no stereo option available. Thus my computer will not play music at high quality for some time. After multiple restarts and deleting the device from the computer...
  7. Headphones are only showing up as "voice"

Headphones are only showing up as "voice": My bluetooth headphones only show up as "voice". So there's only a hands-free and no stereo option available. Tried out all of those steps, none worked....
  8. Voice cancellation on headphones only

Voice cancellation on headphones only: Hi, i'm running a weird issue with all my usb audio interfaces that occurred sinc the last win 10 update on feb 3 on my pc. . While the sound (playback) through speakers its excellent, when i use headphones i get a very karaokish sound (no vocals), like a phase cancellation...
  9. Voice cancellation on headphones only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Voice cancellation on headphones only: Hi, i'm running a weird issue with all my usb audio interfaces that occurred sinc the last win 10 update on feb 3 on my pc. . While the sound (playback) through speakers its excellent, when i use headphones i get a very karaokish sound (no vocals), like a phase cancellation...
  10. Cowin E7 bluetooth headphones connected but not recognized as audio device

Cowin E7 bluetooth headphones connected but not recognized as audio device: I have Cowin E7 wireless bluetooth headphones that have been working fine for about 10 months. They recently stopped working on my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 13). They still connect and work fine using my phone, so the problem is probably with my laptop. Also, wired...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cowin e7 wont connect as headphones

2. what drivers do i need to se7 headset

3. enable spatial sound se7 cowin