Windows 10: CPL and MSC components not running from cmd

Discus and support CPL and MSC components not running from cmd in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm unable to access the Device Manager from administrator command prompt by calling "devmgmt" If I call it by its full name "mmc devmgmt.msc"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeviWoodbury, Mar 9, 2020.

1. CPL and MSC components not running from cmd

Hello,

I'm unable to access the Device Manager from administrator command prompt by calling "devmgmt" If I call it by its full name "mmc devmgmt.msc" it works fine. I've experienced the same issue with "ncpa.cpl" for the Network & Sharing Center. This issue was not present last Friday, March 6, and was noticed on Monday March 9. Any fix and/or explanation would be appreciated.

-LW

:)

LeviWoodbury, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Multiple duplicate .msc files

Hi,

By definition, those file are related to software developer tools:

• Comexp.msc is a type of MSC file associated with Microsoft Developer Network disc 3715 developed by Microsoft.
    • Certmgr.msc (Certificate Manager) tool handles certificates, certificate trust lists (CTLs), and certificate revocation lists (CRLs).
    • AzMan is a role-based access control (RBAC) framework that provides an administrative tool to run authorization policy and a runtime that permits applications to conduct access checks against that policy.

For better assistance, we recommend posting your issue on
    Microsoft Developer Network
    forum since your issue will require some advance troubleshooting steps to be resolved. Also, deleting or modifying the files
    may cause harm or conflicts to your computer.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Mar 9, 2020
  3. vinceip Win User
    Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

vinceip, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Andrew E. Win User

CPL and MSC components not running from cmd

Can't add printer (Error- access is denied)

To save a few steps,start pc in safe-mode/normal/control-panel/users/in youre account/disable parental software/exit/in run or cmd type: services.msc in msc scroll to Parental/double click/set to Disable/exit msc/restart pc....

Also,printers/fax software must 1st be enabled,to do so,after the above,in run or cmd type: appwiz.cpl in add/remove open windows components L.sub-menu/scroll to printers/fax/chk all/exit/restart pc....

Andrew E., Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

CPL and MSC components not running from cmd

1. CPL and MSC components not running from cmd - Similar Threads - CPL MSC components

2. Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator: idk why this is but its annoyingwhen you start a cmd as admin you will execute "conhost.exe" / "cmd.exe"when you start a cmd without admin you will execute "windowsTerminal.exe" / "OpenConsole.exe"this leads for some reason to a discrepancy between starting size and font art...
  3. Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator: idk why this is but its annoyingwhen you start a cmd as admin you will execute "conhost.exe" / "cmd.exe"when you start a cmd without admin you will execute "windowsTerminal.exe" / "OpenConsole.exe"this leads for some reason to a discrepancy between starting size and font art...
  4. run a legacy cpl elevated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    run a legacy cpl elevated: Evertime I try to open a folder a windows notification appear saying run a legacy cpl elevated and don't matter if i allow or not it keep appearing and i cannot open the folder...
  5. run a legacy cpl elevated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    run a legacy cpl elevated: Evertime I try to open a folder a windows notification appear saying run a legacy cpl elevated and don't matter if i allow or not it keep appearing and i cannot open the folder...
  6. CPL file for the Personalization menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    CPL file for the Personalization menu: Hi,Someone knows how is the .cpl filename for the Personalization menu in Windows 10?I know just the following:Appwiz.cpl = Add/Remove Programs propertiesMmsys.cpl = Multimedia propertiesSysdm.cpl = System properties and Add New Hardware wizarddesk.cpl = Windows 10 system...
  7. CMD not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD not running: I tried running CMD, and flashes and cloes in a instant in both normal, and run as administrator. I found a help forum which asked to try and run it in a different user account, for some reason this seems to work. However I am still unable to run CMD in the original user...
  8. Run a legacy cpl elevated stops my esc-key from working.

Run a legacy cpl elevated stops my esc-key from working.: Every time I start up my computer a window prompting "Run a legacy CPL elevated" shows up. It asks me to accept or not accept. When I click "no" nothing happens, but when I click "yes" my escape key doesn't work. I have had this problem for many months and I've just clicked...
  9. Starting CMD from run dialogue is blank

Starting CMD from run dialogue is blank: Running CMD from the Run prompt Windows + R results in a blank cmd window. Otherwise I can access cmd from wsl or powershell by running cmd.exe . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/starting-cmd-from-run-dialogue-is-blank/30c1c708-2cc8-4188-ba20-3a5d9e6952a7
  10. Running msc files in Admin ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running msc files in Admin ?: If I want to run Group Policy editor in administration mode, what command must be used before gpedit.msc so the group policy editor runs in Administrator mode ? 49226