Windows 10: CPU 100% load and Boost in task manager but only task manager

Discus and support CPU 100% load and Boost in task manager but only task manager in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have attached a screenshot of my CPU usage in programs and usage monitors below. I am extremely fed up at this point so hopefully this post will make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ickpers, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Ickpers Win User

CPU 100% load and Boost in task manager but only task manager

I have attached a screenshot of my CPU usage in programs and usage monitors below. I am extremely fed up at this point so hopefully this post will make sense *Smile

The problem
    I have noticed my CPU usage in task manager is always 100% and the boost is always around the maximum. Thats a Core i7 6800k at 3.4Ghz and 3.6Ghz boost.

However, other monitoring apps show the CPU not to be at 100% load. Core temp and rainmeter (screenshot doesnt show Rainmeter) both show more normal looking usage and the temps look fine and not those of a really stressed CPU. Im using the stock cooler that came with the CPU.

This PC is used for audio production and in Studio One the CPU meter flashes up and down like mad while in Ableton Live its only at 2%.

Things Ive done so far
    Entered BIOS and disabled CPU power saving features. Speedstep, C-States and the like.
    Watched Task Manager for a while and noticed that an open program will use a high amount of CPU and when that prgram is closed another one will take its place with high CPU usage, when that one is closed another one will take its place.
    Ive also ran a virus scan and Malwarebytes and they found nothing.
    Ive tried the other utilities mentioned but they show completely different figures.
    Changed processor sheduling from Programs to Background services and back.

Screenshot
    CPU usage - Album on Imgur

Really hope someone can help with this, its driving me crazy. Thanks *Smile

:)

Ickpers, Dec 20, 2016
  2. Ivan G G Win User

(Windows 10) Even after activating all 4 cores, my computer only uses 1.

Pentium N3710 should score around 1931 points . Therefore something is wrong . It runs at 60% speed

1. Make sure Turbo Boost clock is enabled in BIOS

2. Make sure max processor state = 100% in Windows power plan

3. While benchmarking , check by Task Manager or another app like Real Temp , max achieved speed , max processor load The CPU load should reach 100%

4. Check by Task Manager ,how many cores are reported and also used while benchmarking . Leave Task Manager in background to get the needed data

5.Check for viruses by Kaspersky free or Avast free for instance

Ivan G G, Dec 20, 2016
  3. PC immediately hangs when opening Task Manager and has to be restarted

So in the last few days whenever i open Task Manager it shows CPU usage at 100% and Task Manager is always at the top when i filter by CPU usage. System becomes unresponsive and when i click lose on a window it disappears for a split second then reappears.
    Only happens if i go to open task manager.

ShaunBarclay, Dec 20, 2016
  4. Ickpers Win User

Just to add something else. Ive just noticed in task manager the processes tabd and the details tab show two completely different things. On the details tab the CPU usage all on the system idle process which I think is what it should be doing. On the processes tab I have programs with high cpu usage.

Processes tab
    tanksmanager Processes — Postimage.org

Details tab
    Taskmanager Details — Postimage.org

Ickpers, Dec 20, 2016
  5. When you took the photo's was the Firefox Web Browser running a web page in the background as a lot of the percentage of use looks like Firefox ?

RoadBlaster, Dec 20, 2016
  6. Ickpers Win User
    Yeah a lot is used by Firefox and then when I close it the usage will be high on something else. Its always really high on one program or another and never seems to idle in that view of task manager.

I reset the power plan to the defaults and the problem is gone now. Im going to reboot here to see if it comes back.

Ickpers, Dec 20, 2016
  7. Ickpers Win User
    Rebooted a few times now and all seems ok. Not sure why task manager was showing 100% when nothing else was but it must have been someting to do with the power options and resetting them fixed it. My cpu spikes in studio one were related to audio interface settings. It seems studio one requires more cpu when doing certain things within it.

Thanks *Smile

Ickpers, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. CPU 100% load and Boost in task manager but only task manager - Similar Threads - CPU 100% load

2. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% CPU load with empty task manager: Run into the issue where task manager shows 100% CPU load while all tasks give 0, already attempted to clear pc of malware with 3 different programs, remove everything in autoloader, update all the drivers, roll back the windows update and kill all the tasks at once with task...
  3. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% CPU load with empty task manager: Run into the issue where task manager shows 100% CPU load while all tasks give 0, already attempted to clear pc of malware with 3 different programs, remove everything in autoloader, update all the drivers, roll back the windows update and kill all the tasks at once with task...
  4. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task manager says CPU usage is at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager says CPU usage is at 100%: HELP!Task manager says my CPU is at 100% usage but dragon center says it is only at 2% what is going on and how can I fix it?I have a decently powerful CPURyzen 7 3800x so I don't know why I am having this problem. I have increased the Fan speed as seen in the screenshot...
  6. CPU constantly at 100% in task manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU constantly at 100% in task manager: Hi, on the users tab of the task manager the CPU section always displays 100% CPU usage, but when viewed with Core Temp the usage percentage is at it's correct % which is 0-1%. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks. [img] and core temps readings [img] windows version...
  7. Task manager 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager 100%: I have a problem where task manager states i am using 100% of my cpu when i am not, no matter what i shut down task manager replaces it with something else to put my usage back to 100% the laptop is fast getting unusable....
  8. Task Manager at 100%

Task Manager at 100%: I'm getting the task manager saying my CPU is at 100%. But when I check the 4 cores usage with MSI manager, they are at 5% or so. Seems tasks that should take little CPU are using much more than normal, according to Task Manager. There is no overheating. Any idea why? Not...
  9. Task Manager at 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager at 100%: I'm getting the task manager saying my CPU is at 100%. But when I check the 4 cores usage with MSI manager, they are at 5% or so. Seems tasks that should take little CPU are using much more than normal, according to Task Manager. There is no overheating. Any idea why? Not...
  10. CPU @ 100% in Task Manager.. but in error

CPU @ 100% in Task Manager.. but in error: Hey guys Screenshot: Imgur Seems to be happening since I installed Windows 10 on my machine. I am 100% sure it is in error as speedfan reports my CPU usage at 1/2% and I am seeing no problems when playing games such as CSGO and h1z1. My motherboard does not have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. load test cpu in task manager

2. task manager cpu 100 with little load