Windows 10: CPU 100% Usage/Utilization with Nothing Running

Discus and support CPU 100% Usage/Utilization with Nothing Running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In December of last year I upgraded to Windows 10 because of the support for Windows 7 coming to an end. It was around that time I began to notice that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Manuel_Ah, May 22, 2020.

1. Manuel_Ah Win User

CPU 100% Usage/Utilization with Nothing Running

In December of last year I upgraded to Windows 10 because of the support for Windows 7 coming to an end. It was around that time I began to notice that my mouse was beginning to stutter and lag. Sometimes I can't even hold right-click for a full 5 seconds without it letting go. My CPU Usage and Utilization is stuck at 100% no matter what.

What I have tried so far:

-Reset Power Options to Default Balanced

-Disabled All Background Apps

-Disabled All Startup Apps

-Ran a full scan of the Windows Defender Scan Found 6 threats and removed them

-Unchecked Number of Processors in the Boot Tab of System Configuration

-Cleaned the dust out of my fans inside the PC

-Uninstalled many unwanted programs and other anti-virus programs that could be eating CPU

-Looked at Task Manager to see what process is eating up all the CPU nothing abnormal

-Updated Drivers

-Temperatures look fairly normal

-Attempted to boot PC in safe mode, CPU Usage normal

-Went into System Configuration, Services, Hide all Microsoft Services and Apply, 100% Usage problem still persists

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 1909

10.0.18363 Build 18363

IntelR CoreTM i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30Ghz, 4 Cores

American Megatrends, 2010 <----- Might be an issue because of 2010

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

16 GB RAM

x64

Forgot to mention: I installed uTorrent a while back, something may have slipped into my computer that I'm unaware of, however, anti-virus doesn't detect it.

CPU 100% Usage/Utilization with Nothing Running 26842d18-a664-48d1-9abc-b50cb24c393b?upload=true.png

:)

Manuel_Ah, May 22, 2020
  2. ivanma72 Win User

CPU utilization >100%

I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10, and discovered a weird problem when opening task manager where CPU utilization was always at 100%. I did a clean install of Windows 10 to make sure it wasn't application specific, but still the same problem.

This problem is very strange because utilization doesn't seem to be tied to a specific process- it just always seems to add up to 100%. Resource monitor actually shows CPU Usage to be in the million%, which is definitely wrong. No performance degradation,
    CPU temps are very normal, and even third-party programs such as Speedfan and CoreTemp are reporting negligible CPU usage (1%-2% idle).

I have tried disabling all startup applications, doing sfc /scannow, viewing reliability history, and restarting multiple times. No luck

ivanma72, May 22, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    CPU Usage Always Shows 100%

Hi smac_2718

If Windows 10 is showing your Processor is at 100% and performance is not affected, that and together with the other utility showing this not to be the case, you can assume WIndows is providing an incorrect CPU usage in Task Manager

If your CPU was actually running at 100%, then you would definitely see a performance hit . . .

It is reported a lot on the forums that Windows incorrectly mis-identifies hardware, like processor, RAM . . etc and indeed hardware usage . . .

DaveM121, May 22, 2020
  4. Wysiwig Win User

cpu usage at 100%

CPU usage at 100% from start up for no apparently good reason. Service Host appears to be the problem but I cant narrow it down more than that at present.

Any suggestions?

I am using Windows 10 full release version 64 bit.

Wysiwig, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. CPU 100% Usage/Utilization with Nothing Running - Similar Threads - CPU 100% Usage

2. 100% disk usage with nothing running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage with nothing running: I have an HP all in one pc on windows 10. For the last year or so I have been getting 100% disk usage, even if nothing is running. It slows the machine to a crawl. I keep following guidelines to fix it and sometimes it does get useage down to a more normal 33% , but it always...
  3. 100% disk usage with nothing running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage with nothing running: I have an HP all in one pc on windows 10. For the last year or so I have been getting 100% disk usage, even if nothing is running. It slows the machine to a crawl. I keep following guidelines to fix it and sometimes it does get useage down to a more normal 33% , but it always...
  4. 100% disk usage with nothing running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 100 percent CPU usage from nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 percent CPU usage from nothing: Hello dear community,Recently I went through an issue with my CPU, everything I open, any software, is using 100% from its usage!I am not sure what could be the issue, as I have tried to detect the problem!I am more than sure, that most of you had this issue!I have an...
  6. 100 percent CPU usage from nothing

100 percent CPU usage from nothing: Hello dear community,Recently I went through an issue with my CPU, everything I open, any software, is using 100% from its usage!I am not sure what could be the issue, as I have tried to detect the problem!I am more than sure, that most of you had this issue!I have an...
  7. Onedrive On Windows 10 utilizes 100% CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive On Windows 10 utilizes 100% CPU Usage: I am using a Toshiba laptop CoreTM i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz with Windows 10 latest updates, Onedrive is using 100% CPU most of the time while opening pdf files from one drive. It is a challenge to continue like this. The computer stops responding from time to time due to the...
  8. Onedrive On Windows 10 utilizes 100% CPU Usage

Onedrive On Windows 10 utilizes 100% CPU Usage: I am using a Toshiba laptop CoreTM i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz with Windows 10 latest updates, Onedrive is using 100% CPU most of the time while opening pdf files from one drive. It is a challenge to continue like this. The computer stops responding from time to time due to the...
  9. 100% CPU usage with nothing open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU usage with nothing open: What sould i do? 8gbRAM submitted by /u/dkcvl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixuekr/100_cpu_usage_with_nothing_open/
  10. CPU usage 100% even with nothing running in the background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage 100% even with nothing running in the background: I do not know what has caused this issue but my processor constantly is running at 100% cpu usage even though nothing is running the background. I have following specs: CPU: RYZEN 3 2200G [3.725Ghz/ 1.330 VOLTAGE] GPU: INTEGRATED VEGA GPU [ 1320MHz ] with 1.22V RAM: CORSAIR...