Windows 10: CPU and GPU have far greater usage after Windows update.

Discus and support CPU and GPU have far greater usage after Windows update. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating about a month ago to what I believe to be Windows 10 1903 (the default desktop background changed to a light mode version if that gives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Badonkers, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Badonkers Win User

CPU and GPU have far greater usage after Windows update.

After updating about a month ago to what I believe to be Windows 10 1903 (the default desktop background changed to a light mode version if that gives clarity). But ever sense downloading this update, my computer has not been the same. It has only gotten worse over time. The main issue is that my CPU and especially GPU are being used at insane percentages now, far more than they ever did before. A main menu of a game could take 60% GPU. (I have a gtx 1070TI so that should NOT be an issue!)

I can not revert the update due to it being longer than 10 days since then.

This update has made my computer essentially unusable.

Is there anyway I can fix this without having to reset my entire computer?

:)

Badonkers, Sep 11, 2019
  2. kenalbus Win User

Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Sep 11, 2019
  4. CPU and GPU have far greater usage after Windows update.

Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

CPU and GPU have far greater usage after Windows update.

1. CPU and GPU have far greater usage after Windows update. - Similar Threads - CPU GPU far

2. GPU and CPU usage very unstable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU and CPU usage very unstable: My GPU and CPU usage very unstable because of Windows Process' such as desktop window manager, client server runtime process and system.All of a sudden one of them use like 70% gpu and unusually high CPU such as 20 or 30 while idle. Not even in game. I've included a...
  3. GPU and CPU usage very unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU and CPU usage very unstable: My GPU and CPU usage very unstable because of Windows Process' such as desktop window manager, client server runtime process and system.All of a sudden one of them use like 70% gpu and unusually high CPU such as 20 or 30 while idle. Not even in game. I've included a...
  4. High cpu and gpu usage strikes

High cpu and gpu usage strikes: So when I am playing fortnite my cpu and goubusage strikes high but it doesn't reach 100% and i get huge fps drops when that happens or sometimes and get random fos drops but huge ones...
  5. CPU usage is greater than my GPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage is greater than my GPU usage: hello,I've been having this issue with my PC for a while every time i start a game for example Grand Theft Auto : 5 and open my task manager and see the usage of the CPU and GPU the CPU is always higher than the GPU and i also started to notice random FPS drops and FPS...
  6. CPU usage is greater than my GPU usage

CPU usage is greater than my GPU usage: hello,I've been having this issue with my PC for a while every time i start a game for example Grand Theft Auto : 5 and open my task manager and see the usage of the CPU and GPU the CPU is always higher than the GPU and i also started to notice random FPS drops and FPS...
  7. dwm.exe High GPU and CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm.exe High GPU and CPU Usage: Hello, so I have recently installed Windows 11 on my laptop, everything was running fine but it started acting up when I set to OS optimized defaults in the bios. note, my laptop specs are AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz 8.00gb I think it might be...
  8. dwm.exe High GPU and CPU Usage

dwm.exe High GPU and CPU Usage: Hello, so I have recently installed Windows 11 on my laptop, everything was running fine but it started acting up when I set to OS optimized defaults in the bios. note, my laptop specs are AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz 8.00gb I think it might be...
  9. High CPU and low GPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU and low GPU usage: Hey guys I recently bought my laptop Acer nitro 5 And I have a ryzen 3550h mobile cpu and a gtx 1650 GPU .....and whatever game I play on uses 100% of cpu and 20 -50 % GPU ....and I get less frames as well ...plz help me on this submitted by /u/babadhiven [link]...
  10. 100% CPU and GPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% CPU and GPU usage: Everything was fine until yesterday. Today it started with 100% CPU and GPU usage in Apex Legends. Upon further checks, its happening in all the games - Rainbow 6, GTA V. I do have a very strong feeling that it has something to do with windows, as we all have seen 100% CPU...