Windows 10: CPU and GPU have far greater usage after Windows update.

Discus and support CPU and GPU have far greater usage after Windows update. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating about a month ago to what I believe to be Windows 10 1903 (the default desktop background changed to a light mode version if that gives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Badonkers, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Badonkers Win User

CPU and GPU have far greater usage after Windows update.

After updating about a month ago to what I believe to be Windows 10 1903 (the default desktop background changed to a light mode version if that gives clarity). But ever sense downloading this update, my computer has not been the same. It has only gotten worse over time. The main issue is that my CPU and especially GPU are being used at insane percentages now, far more than they ever did before. A main menu of a game could take 60% GPU. (I have a gtx 1070TI so that should NOT be an issue!)

I can not revert the update due to it being longer than 10 days since then.

This update has made my computer essentially unusable.

Is there anyway I can fix this without having to reset my entire computer?

:)

Badonkers, Sep 11, 2019
  2. kenalbus Win User

Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Sep 11, 2019
  4. CPU and GPU have far greater usage after Windows update.

Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

CPU and GPU have far greater usage after Windows update.

1. CPU and GPU have far greater usage after Windows update. - Similar Threads - CPU GPU far

2. High CPU usage after updating to windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage after updating to windows 10 1903: I have a MSI GL63 8SD gaming laptop (i7 8750h + nvidia1660 ti + 8gbRAM) which came with windows 10 build 1803. And 1 week ago, I updated it to he 1903 update. Since then I'm facing the issue of HIGH CPU USAGE (mostly 100%) even when it is left idle. I closed all programs...
  3. High CPU usage on Windows 10 after update 1903

High CPU usage on Windows 10 after update 1903: Hello, I recently updated to update 1903, I have heard about a few bugs in the version on the internet about it so I hesitated at first when it was made available, but I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10 without saving anything and then apply the 1903 update...
  4. CPU USAGE 100% After update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU USAGE 100% After update: Hello After windows Update My CPU going crazy It working on 100% and Freezing screen, So i reinstalled and installled Fresh 1903 but still freezing, same as 1809 with last update, i just tested Cpu And GPu aslow RAM everything is good with em, how can i fix this...
  5. GPU at 0% usage

GPU at 0% usage: Hi, I am having a problem. My GPU is always a 0%. I am using a windows 10 hp computer with a video card I installed. My display from the video card works normal but it's not being utilized when I play video games. When I play games, my cpu jumps to about 90 and my gpu stays...
  6. after updating having different GPU driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after updating having different GPU driver: I have hp 15-bs123ne which has radeon 520 GPU (as noted in hp official site) after installing the original driver from hp and having AMD software installed as well and it showed that i have radeon 520 as it should do (pic 1) [ATTACH] one time i checked the windows...
  7. CPU usage at 100% after newest windows update

CPU usage at 100% after newest windows update: So after the newest windows update my CPU is running at 100%. I've looked through the forums and seen similar cases but the fixes havnt worked for me. When I boot into safe mode my CPU runs normal. There isn't one rogue process hogging it all, it's like the CPU is set to run...
  8. High CPU- and RAM-usage after Windows Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU- and RAM-usage after Windows Anniversary update: As the title says, my PC was viciously mauled by the latest major windows update. Thanks to a certain video I managed to lower my CPU-usage from 100% (by going into REGEDIT and through the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>Ndu>Start and changing the value from 2 to 4) to 20%....
  9. Windows Photos high CPU usage after Anniversary Update

Windows Photos high CPU usage after Anniversary Update: Just got the Anniversary Update last week and I noticed an issue I was having with Windows Photos was corrected (missing next/prev arrows). However now if I have a large photo open in the preview window Photos is using 30% CPU usage. It's causing my SurfaceBook i7 fan to...
  10. Windows 10 High CPU Usage After Update

Windows 10 High CPU Usage After Update: Hey all I've been using W10 for a couple of months.. No big problems so after. After last week's updates, the cpu usage is around 20% idle. Which would be around 4-5% normally. My computer is always hot and fans do not stop. Anyone with a similar issue? No malwares...