Windows 10: CPU and motherboard change?

Discus and support CPU and motherboard change? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello i have a question if i want to change from a r5 1600 and b350m per vdh to a b450 Tomahawk max and a r7 3700x i can simply exchange this or do i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DerDrogglol, Jun 21, 2020.

1. CPU and motherboard change?

Hello i have a question if i want to change from a r5 1600 and b350m per vdh to a b450 Tomahawk max and a r7 3700x i can simply exchange this or do i have to reinstall Windows 10?

:)

DerDrogglol, Jun 21, 2020
  2. JaYp146 Win User

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Amol S. Win User
    Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Jun 21, 2020
  4. Haegely Win User

CPU and motherboard change?

Upgrading Motherboard and CPU

I bought a default Lenovo K450 a few years back that came with Windows 8 preinstalled. Well over the past few months I've upgraded the PSU, GPU, and moved too an SSD without much of a hassle since I was using the same motherboard and CPU. Well, I'm moving
    too a whole new upgrade and changing the case, motherboard, CPU, and adding a network card. My question is, once I've changed out all of the parts, will I need to reinstall Windows 8, or can I just install Windows 10 again like normal and follow the steps
    with customer support to establish the legitimacy of my previous Windows OS? I have the OEM and Product Key.

Haegely, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

CPU and motherboard change?

1. CPU and motherboard change? - Similar Threads - CPU motherboard change

2. DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG_ERROR after changing my motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG_ERROR after changing my motherboard and CPU: Hey there.I recently changed my cpu and motherboard.OLD CPU: intel i5 7400OLD Motherboard : ASUS STRIX B250F GAMINGNEW CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500NEW Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450M S2HGPU : GTX 1050TiRAM: Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 8gbHDD : 1TB PSU : 600wno ssdBIOS Version : F62I had...
  3. DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG_ERROR after changing my motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG_ERROR after changing my motherboard and CPU: Hey there.I recently changed my cpu and motherboard.OLD CPU: intel i5 7400OLD Motherboard : ASUS STRIX B250F GAMINGNEW CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500NEW Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450M S2HGPU : GTX 1050TiRAM: Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 8gbHDD : 1TB PSU : 600wno ssdBIOS Version : F62I had...
  4. Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change: I changed my motherboard, CPU and RAM. Because of this my hard disk had to be formatted and then when I tried to reactivate my Windows, I am getting the error code: 0x803FABBB. I had gotten Windows 8 years back and I have forgotten the product key. How do I activate my...
  5. Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change: I changed my motherboard, CPU and RAM. Because of this my hard disk had to be formatted and then when I tried to reactivate my Windows, I am getting the error code: 0x803FABBB. I had gotten Windows 8 years back and I have forgotten the product key. How do I activate my...
  6. Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Changed motherboard and CPU and now windows is deactivated?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed motherboard and CPU and now windows is deactivated?: I had heard of this issue before, but now it's happened to me. I've tried contacting microsoft about it, but every time I call the support number, I'm on hold for 30+ minutes and then I get the "Would you like us to call you back when someone is available" automated line. I...
  8. Can't activate after changing motherboard and CPU

Can't activate after changing motherboard and CPU: I bought new parts for my PC, including a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU. After putting everything in my new case, with the same 2 SSDs and graphics card from my previous prebuilt PC, Windows 10 won't activate, saying the product key is invalid and that it's linked to the...
  9. Reactivating windows after changing the motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating windows after changing the motherboard and CPU: I'm trying to reactivate my windows 10 with the "I recently changed hardware" option given in the troubleshooting menu, and my old PC DOES appear in the menu, but trying to select it just takes me to an empty window that says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try...
  10. Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu: I recently changed the hardware on my pc and window 10 is telling me i need to activate windows, even though i am logged into my microsoft account with windows 10 tied to it. when i go through the trouble shooter and i click the "changed hardware" prompt it asks me to select...