Windows 10: CPU and RAM usage getting higher

Discus and support CPU and RAM usage getting higher in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi currently I have windows 10 pro build 1809. For some time I been noticed that the CPU and RAM usage getting way higher than usual, but in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sayatheesan Suresh, Jan 18, 2019.

1. CPU and RAM usage getting higher

Hi currently I have windows 10 pro build 1809. For some time I been noticed that the CPU and RAM usage getting way higher than usual, but in the earlier version of this (1803) did not have this bug. Please help me out.

System Specification

Windows 10 pro 1809

8 GB DDR4 RAM

Intel i7 8th Generation Processor

Nvidia geforce 940 MX

:)

Sayatheesan Suresh, Jan 18, 2019

2. RAM leaks and high CPU usage

Sorry to seem so negative, folks, but am I the only one who thinks it's disgraceful that the onus seems continually to be on users to fix the ridiculous RAM leaks and high CPU usage problems that were caused by the Fall 2017 Creators Update?

I received the Creators Update for Windows 10 Pro near the end of the year -- not surprisingly, since I'm currently living in eastern Europe. Installation went smoothly, but from the outset, I began experiencing significantly higher RAM and CPU usage. These
    were issues that I'd not experienced before. I did a bit of research, and discovered that the errors don't really seem to depend on system hardware or idiosyncratic configurations. Instead, the problems appear to lie clearly with the update itself.

I'm lucky enough to have a very robust system: i7 Haswell-E 5820, factory overclocked and liquid-cooled; 32 GB of RAM; GTX-980; fast SSD as my program drive, etc. I also have a Rainmeter skin that shows me RAM and CPU usage in real time. On boot, I used
    to see only about 2.25 GB of RAM being used; CPU would settle to 1-2%. Since the Creators Update, RAM usage on boot is routinely from a low of about 4.25 GB to as much as 7.5 GB, and CPU usage regularly shows prolonged inexplicable intervals of 20 - 35% usage,
    and occasionally even more.

I've tried the various suggested measures to alleviate the problems, with minimal (and only temporary) success at best. I've had no success at all in trying to get information directly from Microsoft through Support. It's worth noting that all the various
    suggestions to deal with these problems involving taking steps to cripple Windows functionality in order to reduce system overheads, thereby depriving users of some of the very benefits the OS is supposed to provide. Microsoft doesn't seem to be bothered by
    that; in fact, it seem quite content to allow users to flounder around in the mess created by the update.

Does anyone have a definitive solution for the RAM leakage and CPU usage problems (short of turning to an alternative OS)? Is there any word as to whether Microsoft will address these problems soon?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

FlatPicker, Jan 18, 2019
  3. How fix 4-times-higher CPU usage at idle?

I suggest using the trial period of Tune Up Utilities to find your problem using "Program Deactivator"

CPU and RAM usage getting higher [​IMG]

when you click on one of the two buttons (circled in red) you should have the following picture to show load points.

CPU and RAM usage getting higher [​IMG]

Hope this helps

RoadBlaster, Jan 18, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

CPU and RAM usage getting higher

My ram and cpu usage is very high

Not using Windows Defender myself to check, as it could be doing something at the moment, you say Defender is always using this amount of RAM or CPU ? High usage for this specific Antimalware would be much higher then that percentage. As far as what else it could be at the moment i can not see the entire list, but Chrome is using more RAM and Spotify is close to Defender's RAM usage.

Also check the details tab in Task manager, give you better idea of what is running and using both CPU and RAM. Check programs that startup with the PC, in startup tab in Task Manager, try to look and see ones that mention High usage, try to disable if not needed to run at startup as many still keep running after that.

I would run a full scan with Defender, also try at the run command type mrt.exe. As far as Avast being better, i would think so. Defender alone is not too good, in combination with say Malwarebytes free would be better protection.
    Rule out any virus by doing so, can use Malwarebytes also for now for a scan of system.
    Malwarebytes for Windows - Antivirus Replacement for PCs

jds63, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

CPU and RAM usage getting higher

1. CPU and RAM usage getting higher - Similar Threads - CPU RAM usage

2. Windows 10: Higher RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Higher RAM usage: Hi. I am using 8GB of RAM. When I got my PC in my hands for the first time, the RAM usage with required open programs was at 60% where the open program would use 2.5GB RAM, while now, with 3GB RAM usage from one program, gets the RAM usage to 90%.I have many useless apps...
  3. Windows 10: Higher RAM usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Higher RAM usage: Hi. I am using 8GB of RAM. When I got my PC in my hands for the first time, the RAM usage with required open programs was at 60% where the open program would use 2.5GB RAM, while now, with 3GB RAM usage from one program, gets the RAM usage to 90%.I have many useless apps...
  4. Windows 10: Higher RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RAM usage way higher then it should be

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM usage way higher then it should be: My ram usage on my laptop is waaay higher then taskmanager says, like it has 16gb of ram and with only a blank davinci resolve project open + 1 youtube tab it already runs out of memory. this is stupid ofcourse but the weird part is that when i place my m2 ssd from my laptop...
  6. RAM usage way higher then it should be

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage way higher then it should be: My ram usage on my laptop is waaay higher then taskmanager says, like it has 16gb of ram and with only a blank davinci resolve project open + 1 youtube tab it already runs out of memory. this is stupid ofcourse but the weird part is that when i place my m2 ssd from my laptop...
  7. Laptop CPU and RAM usage

Laptop CPU and RAM usage: Hi, My laptop is very slow. I cleared all unwanted cache and cookies and then my laptop got a lot better. One thing I noticed is that when I open up task manager, 41% of my ram is constanly being used of my total of 6gb. is this normal? Same thing for my CPU it is...
  8. High cpu and ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High cpu and ram usage: pc lags and my cpu usage is on 90 precent while just watching youtube vids when i open task manager it slowly drops down when i close it it happens again wtf is going on can anyone help me? submitted by /u/nika105 [link] [comments]...
  9. Desktop Slideshow higher CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Slideshow higher CPU usage: I've recently started experiencing bad stutter while playing games and it appears to be the result of my desktop background slideshow spiking CPU usage up to 25% on each change. I also noticed while trying to identify the problem that dragging a chrome window around was...
  10. Cpu and Ram Usage Problem

Cpu and Ram Usage Problem: Good Day Microsoft, Last time i upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 but the problem is getting start slow down and sometimes the cpu and ram usage always labels in 50 above, unlike windows 7 it consumes small amount of usage of the ram and cpu But i'm so confused within label...