Windows 10: CPU Bug with i5-10210U when laptop put on charge

Discus and support CPU Bug with i5-10210U when laptop put on charge in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Everyone! I am not sure if this is a Windows bug or a CPU one but I figure I should ask others if they've experienced something similar. So i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oopspruu, Feb 15, 2020.

1. CPU Bug with i5-10210U when laptop put on charge

Hi Everyone!

I am not sure if this is a Windows bug or a CPU one but I figure I should ask others if they've experienced something similar.

So i recently bought a new Acer Aspire 5 laptop with new i5 10210U since I mostly do online study/LinkedIn/Movies and I game via GeForce Now/PS4. But there is this bug that's irritating me and it was inconsistent before but now its happening every time.

1. Issue - When I "plug in my charger", my CPU is stuck at 0.40 GHZ for about 10-15 minutes. It starts working normally afterwards but everything becomes so slow for that duration that I just stop using it altogether.
    2. Resolution Tried - Tried updating windows to latest version. Searched online for similar issues with the same CPU. Updated all drivers using Acer tool. Tried resetting Windows and started fresh.

Can anyone suggest me what troubleshooting steps I can try to identify the issue or if it's a common issue, please assist me with sorting it out. I'd really appreciate any help.

submitted by /u/oopspruu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oopspruu, Feb 15, 2020

2. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

CPU Bug with i5-10210U when laptop put on charge pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Charging of laptop

Hai

I am using dell inspiron 15 intel core i5 laptop. My laptop is getting charged upto 0 to 66% after that simply showing its connected but not charging. This was known to me after updating to windows 10 only. Suggest me to get laptop fully charged upto
    100%

Anjaneya PrasadNagulla, Feb 15, 2020
  4. CPU Bug with i5-10210U when laptop put on charge

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

CPU Bug with i5-10210U when laptop put on charge

1. CPU Bug with i5-10210U when laptop put on charge - Similar Threads - CPU Bug 10210U

2. Laptop runs fine on battery, but CPU temperatures are high when charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop runs fine on battery, but CPU temperatures are high when charging: Title says it all, I get modest temperatures when playing on battery and I never have issues resolving tasks, but I've noticed my laptop would reach very high temperatures when I plug in my charger. This only applies to CPU, my GPU always works fine. However, sometimes my CPU...
  3. Number of Screens Compatible- IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz Hi Guys,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of Screens Compatible- IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz Hi Guys,: Hope you all are good. Can anyone tell how how many screens can i use with IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz ??/I would be great help if someone can help me out. It guys are just telling me to upgrade to new pc and spend like 1500$....
  4. Number of Screens Compatible- IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of Screens Compatible- IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz: Hi Guys, Hope you all are good. Can anyone tell how how many screens can i use with IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz ??/I would be great help if someone can help me out. It guys are just telling me to upgrade to new pc and spend like 1500$....
  5. Number of Screens Compatible- IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz Hi Guys,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number of Screens Compatible- IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz Hi Guys,: Hope you all are good. Can anyone tell how how many screens can i use with IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz ??/I would be great help if someone can help me out. It guys are just telling me to upgrade to new pc and spend like 1500$....
  6. Number of Screens Compatible- IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number of Screens Compatible- IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz: Hi Guys, Hope you all are good. Can anyone tell how how many screens can i use with IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz ??/I would be great help if someone can help me out. It guys are just telling me to upgrade to new pc and spend like 1500$....
  7. Number of Screens Compatible- IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz Hi Guys,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Number of Screens Compatible- IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Performance of the laptop Gets slow When I put the computer To CHARGE.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance of the laptop Gets slow When I put the computer To CHARGE.: The computers Base speed is 2.40GHz but my computer runs on a speed 0.48GHz . I have updated ,restarted but still it's slow. this happens after I put the computer for Charge....
  10. CPU shoots up when charging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU shoots up when charging: I'm using a Microsoft Surface 3 laptop running Windows 10 and i noticed that when i plug it in to charge the CPU ramps up and the fan get's pretty damn loud. In task manager i can't see anything using much cpu besides chrome and all i'm doing is browsing the web with 10 tabs...