Windows 10: CPU clock speed runs at full frequency (3.5Ghz) whenever I restart/wake up from sleep mode...

Discus and support CPU clock speed runs at full frequency (3.5Ghz) whenever I restart/wake up from sleep mode... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My current power plan is Balanced and already tried resetting the power options. As a side note, I also have Throttlestop and thought maybe this was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lyteshadow12, Nov 26, 2020.

1. CPU clock speed runs at full frequency (3.5Ghz) whenever I restart/wake up from sleep mode...

My current power plan is Balanced and already tried resetting the power options. As a side note, I also have Throttlestop and thought maybe this was the reason but I disabled it, restarted the laptop and problem persists. Not sure what's causing this considering CPU is at most at 3 or 4% of usage after waking up from sleep.

submitted by /u/lyteshadow12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lyteshadow12, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Kol12 Win User

CPU clocks stuck at full speed.

I've just noticed my CPU clocks are stuck at full speed (4.9Ghz) despite switching back to the balanced power mode, only restarting the machine corrects it. Weird.. *Huh

Update: Yikes it was the LightingService (32 bit) which is the Asus Aura service. It was stuck at 13% CPU... Terminating the service and the clock frequencies dropped back. After reopening Asus Aura it is consuming the most idle CPU cycles out of any background apps. Anyone running it might want to check in Task Manager..

It was the Starry Night effect with quite high CPU usage, back to breathing and the utilization has dropped a lot.

Kol12, Nov 26, 2020
  3. capnp72 Win User
    Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance.

capnp72, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Nolbu Win User

CPU clock speed runs at full frequency (3.5Ghz) whenever I restart/wake up from sleep mode...

CPU idle temp is high after waking up from sleep mode

Hi guys,
    My CPU idle temperature rises from 35 to 50 when I wake it up from sleep mode.
    When I restart pc, the temperature drops down to 35 again.
    Why is this happening?

Nolbu, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

CPU clock speed runs at full frequency (3.5Ghz) whenever I restart/wake up from sleep mode...

1. CPU clock speed runs at full frequency (3.5Ghz) whenever I restart/wake up from sleep mode... - Similar Threads - CPU clock speed

2. cpu not running at full speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu not running at full speed: ive been facing performance problems since i downgraded to windows 10 from 11the base speed of my cpu is 1.7ghz and at full stress it stays at 1.69ghz doesnt go past itmy cpu can go upto 2.6ghz as i saw on the intel websiteis there anyway i can fix thisi checked the bios and...
  3. cpu not running at full speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu not running at full speed: ive been facing performance problems since i downgraded to windows 10 from 11the base speed of my cpu is 1.7ghz and at full stress it stays at 1.69ghz doesnt go past itmy cpu can go upto 2.6ghz as i saw on the intel websiteis there anyway i can fix thisi checked the bios and...
  4. cpu not running at full speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  6. Fan runs full speed on waking from sleep or during sleep

Fan runs full speed on waking from sleep or during sleep: New Asus Zen AIO ZN242GD only in service since early January 2020. Since the January 28, 2020 KB4532695 cumulative update, when the PC goes to sleep for an extended period of time a few hours to overnight the cooling fan will either start running full speed while it is still...
  7. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  8. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  9. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...
  10. Cpu run at full speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cpu run at full speed: Hello guys i have a pro lem with my cpu. The cpu is AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.5 GHz. My cpu run at full 2.5GHz and that make my cpu usage 100%. I went to bios to se if the cpu was overclocked but it was actually set to auto. I tried to set it to 2.1 GHz and...