Windows 10: CPU Compatibility W11

Discus and support CPU Compatibility W11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My CPU is shown as not able to run W11 by the checker appThe CPU is IntelR CoreTM i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 2295 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical ProcessorsWhich... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PTTruro, Jan 7, 2022.

1. PTTruro Win User

CPU Compatibility W11

My CPU is shown as not able to run W11 by the checker appThe CPU is IntelR CoreTM i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 2295 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical ProcessorsWhich meets the requirement for more than 1 core, more than 1GHz etcWhat is the problem??

:)

PTTruro, Jan 7, 2022
  2. Garyw Win User

Poodlefake hardware to Run W11 on MBR only computer

I just installed a new W11 Pro on my System 1 (listed in My Computers) which has an i5-7600 CPU. It installed with no warnings.

CPU Compatibility W11 [​IMG]

Whynot W11 recognizes the incorrect CPU but W11 doesn't seem to mind. I couldn't find any warnings anywhere that the VM is non -compliant. I had this running for a couple of hours before I realized that the VM wasn't part of the insider program. I added it to the insider program and still no warnings.

I have W11 VM that boots on a mbr setup and that one displays a warning that the system is not compatable:

CPU Compatibility W11 [​IMG]

Garyw, Jan 7, 2022
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Jan 7, 2022
  4. chirp Win User

CPU Compatibility W11

Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, Jan 7, 2022
Thema:

CPU Compatibility W11

1. CPU Compatibility W11 - Similar Threads - CPU Compatibility W11

2. W11 CPU support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 CPU support: Why is a 4 core i5 3 Ghz Intel 7400 CPU not supported by W11? Seems to meet all the capacity requirements. Is the answer it just isn't or is there some logic to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w11-cpu-support/1ff8dd3e-fa6c-40ff-8f33-efd3cfa67b65
  3. W11 CPU support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 CPU support: Why is a 4 core i5 3 Ghz Intel 7400 CPU not supported by W11? Seems to meet all the capacity requirements. Is the answer it just isn't or is there some logic to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w11-cpu-support/1ff8dd3e-fa6c-40ff-8f33-efd3cfa67b65
  4. CPU not compatible?

CPU not compatible?: I have a PC that has an I5 6400T with a base clock of 2.21GHZ, 4 cores and 4 logical cores, and the windows health check app is not accepting this. What CPU do i need? Please advise really want to upgrade to windows 11 lol....
  5. W11 upgrade compatibility issues despite CPU meeting the stated requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 upgrade compatibility issues despite CPU meeting the stated requirements: My processor Intel Core i5-4200U @ 1.6GHz meeting the stated requirements for W11 allegedly has not been tested by Microsoft and therefore is deemed incompatible. However I have been told that I can install W11 anyway. I have also been told that if I do, I won't get security...
  6. W11 upgrade compatibility issues despite CPU meeting the stated requirements

W11 upgrade compatibility issues despite CPU meeting the stated requirements: My processor Intel Core i5-4200U @ 1.6GHz meeting the stated requirements for W11 allegedly has not been tested by Microsoft and therefore is deemed incompatible. However I have been told that I can install W11 anyway. I have also been told that if I do, I won't get security...
  7. CPU Compatibility W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Compatibility W11: My CPU is shown as not able to run W11 by the checker appThe CPU is IntelR CoreTM i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 2295 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical ProcessorsWhich meets the requirement for more than 1 core, more than 1GHz etcWhat is the problem??...
  8. CPU not compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU not compatible?: Hi,I have a PC that has an I5 6400T with a base clock of 2.21GHZ, 4 cores and 4 logical cores, and the windows health check app is not accepting this. What CPU do i need? Please advise really want to upgrade to windows 11 lol....
  9. CPU not compatible?

CPU not compatible?: Hi,I have a PC that has an I5 6400T with a base clock of 2.21GHZ, 4 cores and 4 logical cores, and the windows health check app is not accepting this. What CPU do i need? Please advise really want to upgrade to windows 11 lol....
  10. not compatible cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not compatible cpu: it is quite strange that my CPU Ryzen 7 1700 eight-core Processor, is not compatible with the Windows 11, it works flawlessly and is much more strong that some of the compatible CPUs in the list of Microsoft.It would be great if you give another chance to this powerful CPU...