Windows 10: CPU constantly at 100%

Discus and support CPU constantly at 100% in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Being as stubborn as I am for Windows 7, I waited until the last possible second to upgrade to Windows 10. Now that I've upgraded, my CPU is constantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by chjejones, Jan 19, 2020.

1. chjejones Win User

CPU constantly at 100%

Being as stubborn as I am for Windows 7, I waited until the last possible second to upgrade to Windows 10. Now that I've upgraded, my CPU is constantly at or near 100% mainly by two processes listed as System and System Interrupts, both running 20-30% each. I looked around and most people say these shouldn't be more than 5-10%.

Before you start suggesting the obvious like checking for updates, flashing BIOS, upgrading drivers, editing Registry, using Process Explorer, going into device manager, checking background apps, using the built in troubleshooters, formatting, erasing previous Win installations, etc. Let me just say, that I've tried all of those and none of them seemed to work. I can get the CPU down to about 50-60% but that still seems like quite a lot for a freshly booted up PC just sitting on standby.

At this point, I'm looking for any suggestions at all. My best guess is that maybe my laptops just too old? I've had it for close to 5-6 years or so and I never replaced any of the parts, so it may just be that it's just getting harder to run modern OS? I don't know. If there's any other options, I'd love to hear them before I start looking into replacements.

:)

chjejones, Jan 19, 2020

2. CPU @ 100% Constantly

From time of boot CPU is at 100% I disabled all startup programs and no change, I tried everything I could think of and found on the web. I uninstalled all my programs and...no change super fetch...no change. I get the sad blue screen (was every once and
    a while) almost every time it freezes... which is very frequently now..Any suggestions?

YuhrExWife, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Cato Win User
    CPU constantly at 100%, but in Process Explorer usage is around 5%

Task Manager shows CPU usage constantly at 100%, but Process Explorer shows CPU usage at about 5%. I've tried the solution presented in CPU Constantly at 100% In Task Manager, But Not in Process Explorer, but it did not work for me. When I reboot the PC into Safe Mode, though, everything is OK.

How can I resolve the discrepancy?

4. CPU constantly at 100%

CPU Usage Constantly at 100%

So I tried downloading the hotfix here Z97-A/USB 3.1 | Motherboards | Asus but it didn't do any good.

I did selective startup via Diagnostic Startup in System Configuration, and there were no problems in CPU usage when I did that. Resumed to normal startup, same issues.

Startup programs: Just Dropbox, OneDrive, and AutoHotKey.

CPU constantly at 100% [​IMG]

Typical resource hogs:

CPU constantly at 100% [​IMG]

Honestly this makes no sense.... appreciate the help thus far, hopefully this info helps.

Edit: whoa, quick update. I used a CPU stress tester almost immediately after I posted this, and after it happened, it seems to have fixed the problem... weird, we'll see how long this lasts....

davidvkimball, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

CPU constantly at 100%

1. CPU constantly at 100% - Similar Threads - CPU constantly 100%

2. My cpu is constantly at 100% in task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cpu is constantly at 100% in task manager.: Hi. I have an old pc predator ag3620-ur12, and i have factory reset it three times now but i have an issue thats still remaining. In task manager, my cpu is at 00% and red at the process tab, and when i go into the performence tab, my cpu is consantly at 100%. Do you have any...
  3. My cpu is constantly at 100% in task manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My cpu is constantly at 100% in task manager.: Hi. I have an old pc predator ag3620-ur12, and i have factory reset it three times now but i have an issue thats still remaining. In task manager, my cpu is at 00% and red at the process tab, and when i go into the performence tab, my cpu is consantly at 100%. Do you have any...
  4. My cpu is constantly at 100% in task manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CPU constantly at 100% in task manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU constantly at 100% in task manager: Hi, on the users tab of the task manager the CPU section always displays 100% CPU usage, but when viewed with Core Temp the usage percentage is at it's correct % which is 0-1%. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks. [img] and core temps readings [img] windows version...
  6. My pc is constantly using 100% cpu and disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc is constantly using 100% cpu and disk: Hi I am using hp i3 8gb ram laptop. Recently my pc is using 100 % cpu and disk and making pc to work very laggy. I updated fully and even reset and re installed windows. I scanned for viruses , nothing came up. I tried every possible solution but didn't work. Please help me!!...
  7. 100% CPU usage constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU usage constantly: Yesterday my PC was working fine and had low enough cpu usage but since I've booted it up this morning it has stayed at 100% CPU usage. I've tried following some things online after i noticed wmi (or something like that) using a lot of CPU. This led me to figuring out i had...
  8. CPU 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU 100%: Whenever I am running the game Terraira which is easy to run, my CPU 0 always caps out and causes stutters. all other cores run normally about 30-50% I have an i7 9700k processor if that helps...
  9. CPU Usage Constantly Hitting 100%

CPU Usage Constantly Hitting 100%: Hi everyone! I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s with iCore 7, 12GB Ram, 512GB SSD, and Windows 10 Pro. The laptop was working flawlessly until a few days ago... All of the sudden the machine has slowed significantly, and I whenever I open a browser (no matter whether it's MS...
  10. CPU Usage Constantly at 100%

CPU Usage Constantly at 100%: When I was running Windows 8.1, I had this same problem. Upgraded to Windows 10, issue persisted, until I reset the PC (August). After I reset, CPU usage was normal. A few weeks ago, though, CPU usage has jumped right back up to 100% (per Task Manager). I've tried...