Windows 10: CPU constantly at 99%

Discus and support CPU constantly at 99% in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Specs CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x Mobo: MSI x470 gaming plus GPU: GTX 750 TI SC Windows 10: 1903 OS build 18362.267 RAM: G Skill 16 GB SSD: Samsung 860... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bobbysutherland1, Aug 12, 2019.

1. CPU constantly at 99%

Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

Mobo: MSI x470 gaming plus

GPU: GTX 750 TI SC

Windows 10: 1903 OS build 18362.267

RAM: G Skill 16 GB

SSD: Samsung 860 pro 250GB

HDD: Seagate barracuda 2TB

No matter what program or no programs open my PC will remain at 99% on my CPU.

I have confirmed all windows updates have been done. Super fetch isn't in my options to disable. I have ran a clean boot. Getting desperate....

:)

bobbysutherland1, Aug 12, 2019

2. CPU at 99%

Hello,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• When you start your computer, is the CPU usage already at 99%?
    • Do you have programs on your startup items?

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 12, 2019
  3. CPU Fan runs constantly

Hi,

We would like to know the following information to assist you better regarding CPU fan issue.

• Does the fan runs constantly fast or do you hear any noise?
    • Have you tried updating all the drivers of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • What is the memory/disk usage in task manager?

You may check this by typing Task Manager in the search box
      and hit Enter. Check which application
      is taking more memory or disk usage.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 12, 2019
  4. CJJ24 Win User

CPU constantly at 99%

High cpu usage by dwm.exe

I'm having the same problem. All of the steps listed above did not help. I'm constantly running at least 18% CPU on the desktop window manager with nothing open. My cooling fan is running wide open all of the time.

CJJ24, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

CPU constantly at 99%

1. CPU constantly at 99% - Similar Threads - CPU constantly 99%

2. CPU load at 99% constant with spike, solution?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU load at 99% constant with spike, solution?: Hi, so this is my first time posting here. Recently I've noticed that my cpu load had been peaking 99% constantly, scanned my pc multiple times and there are no virus or malware. Checked task manager and its not really running anything but cpu load are still peaking 99%,...
  3. taskhostw.exe using 99% cpu usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskhostw.exe using 99% cpu usage: Does anyone know how to fix taskhostw.exe taking up 98-99% CPU usage? This problem has been going on for a while, I've tried to troubleshoot and it said everything was fine. My pc has slowed down a lot due to this and I cant even play any games. Can someone help me...
  4. CPU pinned at 99% usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU pinned at 99% usage.: I am running a desktop with a AMD E2-1800 APU 12GB Ram, booting from a HDD, and a 64bit copy of windows 10. I have no apps open and in task manager it is pinned at 99% cpu usage. Any idea of why? Could it be the cpu just isn't good enough? submitted by /u/sessinnek [link]...
  5. 99% CPU usage

99% CPU usage: IDK why but my CPU usage from today is 99% always this happened after i accidently opened ~90 widows desktops, but then i closed them all. I tried restarting my PC, shutting it down and then starting it up many times, none of this worked :( When i close the app that uses the...
  6. Always on 99% cpu usage

Always on 99% cpu usage: Similar to this request a few years ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cpu-usage-always-at-99/a61a4770-f95c-4e75-b6a3-51480dd2be22 I am also having ny cpu usage always at 99% since the windows update I did yesterday. The...
  7. taskhostw.exe causing 99% CPU usage

taskhostw.exe causing 99% CPU usage: Been having this issue for a few days now, as soon as I turn on my pc there is a processId which is always different showing 99% cpu usage in a perfmon /report. I have run several virus / malware scans and got rid of any seen issues. Process explorer and task manager do not...
  8. CPU constantly at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU constantly at 100%: Being as stubborn as I am for Windows 7, I waited until the last possible second to upgrade to Windows 10. Now that I've upgraded, my CPU is constantly at or near 100% mainly by two processes listed as System and System Interrupts, both running 20-30% each. I looked around...
  9. 99% of CPU usage

99% of CPU usage: Hello There, yesterday my laptop was smooth and had no issues with CPU usage and i installed nothing yesterday. Today i wake up, get on my laptop and suddenly it feels slow to do anything on it. I check task manager and i saw my CPU highlighted in red saying "99% CPU". I do...
  10. Taskhostw.exe 99%-99% Cpu Usage - Causing system lockups?

Taskhostw.exe 99%-99% Cpu Usage - Causing system lockups?: Hi, I hope somebody can help, this issue has got me in a knot. I have recently been having system lockups that last roughly 10 seconds randomly whilst using my PC. I was recommended to run perfmon/ report and it said that Taskhostw.exe is using about 99% of my cpu and it is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc always at 99%

2. lenovo e555 always 99% cpu

3. cpu always at 99%

4. cpu constantly at 99% ?,
  5. cpu running at 99% windows 10