Windows 10: CPU constantly at 99%

Discus and support CPU constantly at 99% in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Specs CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x Mobo: MSI x470 gaming plus GPU: GTX 750 TI SC Windows 10: 1903 OS build 18362.267 RAM: G Skill 16 GB SSD: Samsung 860... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bobbysutherland1, Aug 12, 2019.

1. CPU constantly at 99%

Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

Mobo: MSI x470 gaming plus

GPU: GTX 750 TI SC

Windows 10: 1903 OS build 18362.267

RAM: G Skill 16 GB

SSD: Samsung 860 pro 250GB

HDD: Seagate barracuda 2TB

No matter what program or no programs open my PC will remain at 99% on my CPU.

I have confirmed all windows updates have been done. Super fetch isn't in my options to disable. I have ran a clean boot. Getting desperate....

:)

bobbysutherland1, Aug 12, 2019

2. CPU at 99%

Hello,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• When you start your computer, is the CPU usage already at 99%?
    • Do you have programs on your startup items?

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 12, 2019
  3. CPU Fan runs constantly

Hi,

We would like to know the following information to assist you better regarding CPU fan issue.

• Does the fan runs constantly fast or do you hear any noise?
    • Have you tried updating all the drivers of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • What is the memory/disk usage in task manager?

You may check this by typing Task Manager in the search box
      and hit Enter. Check which application
      is taking more memory or disk usage.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 12, 2019
  4. CJJ24 Win User

CPU constantly at 99%

High cpu usage by dwm.exe

I'm having the same problem. All of the steps listed above did not help. I'm constantly running at least 18% CPU on the desktop window manager with nothing open. My cooling fan is running wide open all of the time.

CJJ24, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

CPU constantly at 99%

1. CPU constantly at 99% - Similar Threads - CPU constantly 99%

2. Ntoskrnl.exe (System) randomly stuck at 99% cpu on one CPU core

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ntoskrnl.exe (System) randomly stuck at 99% cpu on one CPU core: Hello, I have the following issue on my laptop, a Dell XPS 15 9570, all latest drivers and bios, latest Windows 10 1903, that randomly, maybe once per week or less, Ntoskrnl.exe (System) randomly gets stuck at 99% cpu on one core, and stays until I reboot Windows. The 99%...
  3. Taskhostw.exe 99%-99% Cpu Usage - Causing system lockups?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskhostw.exe 99%-99% Cpu Usage - Causing system lockups?: Hi, I hope somebody can help, this issue has got me in a knot. I have recently been having system lockups that last roughly 10 seconds randomly whilst using my PC. I was recommended to run perfmon/ report and it said that Taskhostw.exe is using about 99% of my cpu and it is...
  4. Inactive system proceses is taking 99% of my cpu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Inactive system proceses is taking 99% of my cpu: Hello I will start by this, recently I had a lot of frame drops when I played video games but that issue started after a windows update I reinstalled it and it worked ok until now. About a week ago frame drops came back I tried everything from installing new drivers to...
  5. Windows 10 Explorer.exe takes 99% CPU usage

Windows 10 Explorer.exe takes 99% CPU usage: Got this issue since last Friday When startup, windows became unbearable slow. Check the TASK manager, found that explorer.exe takes nearly 99% CPU usage, and the memory usage kept growing, too Then after some time, usually 1 hour, the CPU usage drops to 0%, but the...
  6. taskhostw.exe cpu usage 99%. FX8350

taskhostw.exe cpu usage 99%. FX8350: Hello, I have problem with taskhostw.exe which overloads my cpu 99%+. I find out about that with 'recourse and performance diagnosis. I have got fx8350 cpu, m5a78l-m/usb3. 16GB Ram and Geforce gtx1060 6gb. Please help me, I have even reinstalled windows because I thought its...
  7. Windows update runs 100% of time at 99% CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update runs 100% of time at 99% CPU: 5 minutes after I successfully complete a manual Windows update run, and after setting the 30-day pause option to "on", Windows Update (wauserv) re-starts spontaneously and runs at 99% of CPU literally forever. It's been like this since I installed Windows 10 last April and...
  8. CPU Running High Freq... Constantly??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Running High Freq... Constantly??: Since installing 10, my CPU seems to be running ~130% frequency continuously. This isn't necessarily awful, but it is running my temps ~18°C higher than idle should be (mid 50s vs high 30s). Checked power options, all is as it should be. CPU utilization is around 2% at idle....
  9. CPU Usage Constantly at 100%

CPU Usage Constantly at 100%: When I was running Windows 8.1, I had this same problem. Upgraded to Windows 10, issue persisted, until I reset the PC (August). After I reset, CPU usage was normal. A few weeks ago, though, CPU usage has jumped right back up to 100% (per Task Manager). I've tried...
  10. High CPU Usage 99-100% at all times

High CPU Usage 99-100% at all times: Hello everyone, I recently started noticing my computer's cpu usage has been off the charts. I am currently unaware of what is causing it. I have run full system scans with my antivirus (Bitdefender 2017) and have run checks from windows. As i look at the usage in task...