Windows 10: CPU cores missing

Discus and support CPU cores missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi my name is Daniel and i seem to have a problem with my laptop.You see, i have a laptop with a Quad Core CPU. But when i checked the numbers of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Danielplayz, Oct 11, 2021.

1. CPU cores missing

Hi my name is Daniel and i seem to have a problem with my laptop.You see, i have a laptop with a Quad Core CPU. But when i checked the numbers of processors i have on the system configuration it only showed a maximum of 2.if anyone has a reason of how and why this is happening please let me know.Thank You.

:)

Danielplayz, Oct 11, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Core Apps Missing

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Why was the powershell command used and what issue were you facing previously?
    • Which are the apps you are referring to Core apps?
    • Currently on which build are you in Windows 10?
    Please post us back with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 11, 2021
  4. CPU cores missing

Why is start menu not working on single core CPU and sometimes work on dual core?

• When did you first encounter the issue?
      • It has been like that forever for single core CPU. The dual core seems to have the problem now that the Windows Anniversary update.
    • Have you made changes on both devices prior to the incident?
      • No.
    • May we know the make and model of the affected devices?
      • It is a custom built from microcenter that has all the specs need to run windows 100.
    • Which Windows version and build the devices are running? Type winver in the search bar and press Enter to find out.
      • version 1703 OS built 15063.250
    • Did you encounter any error messages on both devices while trying to launch Cortana?
      • No error message. It does not start at all. Only option for single core was to use classic start menu.

Confused_buf, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

CPU cores missing

1. CPU cores missing - Similar Threads - CPU cores missing

2. Cpu core problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cpu core problem: I have a ryzen5 12 core processor and was told to go into boot and enable all 12 I restarted and now my pc is really really slow and I tried to change it back but now it says I only have 1 core and I don't know what to do...
  3. Cpu core problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu core problem: I have a ryzen5 12 core processor and was told to go into boot and enable all 12 I restarted and now my pc is really really slow and I tried to change it back but now it says I only have 1 core and I don't know what to do...
  4. Cpu core problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CPU cores missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU cores missing: Hi my name is Daniel and i seem to have a problem with my laptop.You see, i have a laptop with a Quad Core CPU. But when i checked the numbers of processors i have on the system configuration it only showed a maximum of 2.if anyone has a reason of how and why this is...
  6. CPU cores missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU cores missing: Hi my name is Daniel and i seem to have a problem with my laptop.You see, i have a laptop with a Quad Core CPU. But when i checked the numbers of processors i have on the system configuration it only showed a maximum of 2.if anyone has a reason of how and why this is...
  7. What are CPU cores? How many CPU cores do I need?

in Windows 10 News
    What are CPU cores? How many CPU cores do I need?: CPU (Central Processing Unit) is the most important part of a computer. All the calculations needed to run a particular task or application on a computer are processed by the CPU. That’s why it is also called the brain of the computer. Basically, a CPU is of the following two...
  8. CPU Core Updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU Core Updating: Does Anyone Know how to update CPU Cores? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-core-updating/633dbf59-c831-460a-845e-e0114c4e448f
  9. CPU Logical cores

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Logical cores: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i3-7100U @ 2.4Ghz, but when I first checked at Task Manager, the number of Logical Processors were 4. But somehow I changed the number to 2, and I want to change it back to 4 but I can't remember where I changed it in. Can...
  10. CPU Logical cores

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Logical cores: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i3-7100U @ 2.4Ghz, but when I first checked at Task Manager, the number of Logical Processors were 4. But somehow I changed the number to 2, and I want to change it back to 4 but I can't remember where I changed it in. Can...