Windows 10: CPU doesn’t shut down when I shutdown my computer

Discus and support CPU doesn’t shut down when I shutdown my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been having an issue with my cpu where when I shut down my computer the cpus Up time does reset/restart and I think it’s really starting to cause... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedThatBlue, Mar 25, 2020.

1. CPU doesn’t shut down when I shutdown my computer

I’ve been having an issue with my cpu where when I shut down my computer the cpus Up time does reset/restart and I think it’s really starting to cause issues and I’m scared I will cook my cpu, it’s current up time is 12:00:41:43 and damn I ain’t no computer expect but a computer running for 12 days can’t be good.

I’ve had it shutdown over night before no difference, restarting does absolute nothing, I shut it down for 30 minutes once then unplugged it for 10 replugged it in no difference.

I haven’t always had this issue it feel like it’s sprung up in the last month or so.

My question is, is this meant to happen? And if not if there anyway to forcibly shut it down and restart the uptime without damaging anything in the computer.

Thankyou <3

submitted by /u/RedThatBlue
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedThatBlue, Mar 25, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

CPU doesn’t shut down when I shutdown my computer [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Bagoguts Win User
    Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Mar 25, 2020
  4. CyrrusV Win User

CPU doesn’t shut down when I shutdown my computer

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

CPU doesn’t shut down when I shutdown my computer

1. CPU doesn’t shut down when I shutdown my computer - Similar Threads - CPU doesn’t shut

2. my computer is shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is shutting down: liquid cooling fans suddenly run fast and my computer shuts downand instead of doing this all the time, it does it occasionally, the windows screen comes up and my computer shuts down itself....
  3. Computer doesn’t shutdown on command ’shut down’

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn’t shutdown on command ’shut down’: When I hit the power button to turn off my computer, it will restart instead of shutting off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-doesnt-shutdown-on-command-shut-down/c0be59d6-4f9e-4b4f-a3d6-848fc424dced
  4. Computer doesn’t shutdown on command ’shut down’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn’t shutdown on command ’shut down’: When I hit the power button to turn off my computer, it will restart instead of shutting off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-doesnt-shutdown-on-command-shut-down/c0be59d6-4f9e-4b4f-a3d6-848fc424dced
  5. Computer doesn’t shutdown on command ’shut down’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Shut down my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shut down my computer: Where is "Close down my computer"? I can`t find where? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-my-computer/32ec328c-f29b-44ab-82d1-702dd4a2e766
  7. My laptop doesn’t shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop doesn’t shut down: My laptop Doesn't shut down on windows 10. When i command shut down the keyboard light (specially wifi key light) stays on and sometimes the hdd runs (i feel some smooth vibration) But on windows 8.1/linux the laptop shuts down perfectly ‍♀ submitted by /u/desperatedudee...
  8. My computer reboots when I tell it to shut down

My computer reboots when I tell it to shut down: Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-reboots-when-i-tell-it-to-shut-down/6220904f-3694-4c78-85c8-d51f87765aa7
  9. PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.: I just got a new gaming headset and I plugged it in. It updated drivers and then I went to press shutdown. After pressing shutdown, I turned off my monitor and left the room. I came back into the room and was suprised my pc fan lights and keyboard and mouse lights were still...
  10. Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?

Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?: My computer using window 10 would not shut down when I clicked on the shut down menu. Please advise thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-will-not-shut-down-when-i-clicked/dd1a9cb1-d312-4110-bc16-463bec48b6de