Windows 10: CPU Fan being loud and slowing down, then squeeking

Discus and support CPU Fan being loud and slowing down, then squeeking in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, my CPU fan runs normally and quite quietly for most of the time. However, after spending some hours on the computer, the fan spins at 1900RPM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Margister, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Margister Win User

CPU Fan being loud and slowing down, then squeeking

Hello, my CPU fan runs normally and quite quietly for most of the time. However, after spending some hours on the computer, the fan spins at 1900RPM and then becomes quite loud, shaking the entire machine. In order to make it go quiet I must hold the case and press it down hardly at the top. The computer is only slightly quieter when pressing down. The temperature of the CPU is at around 40°C when it occurs. When the loud noise occurs and trembling, the CPU fan speed goes down to 1800RPM. However, after some more 10 minutes of usage and no change in CPU temparature, the fan becomes extremely loud (screeches like car brakes scratch across the wheel plate, very high pitch) and the fan speed drops down to 1200RPM really quickly, and probably goes down even more but I'm afraid to run it beyond this point. After this happens the noise will reoccur after turning on the PC and only after about 10 hours I can run it without the noise. However, my CPU speed almost never exceeds 45°C.
    It's an ASUS motherboard, and it has the Q Cpu Fan something enabled in the BIOS settings.

CPU: AMD A10-7800
    GPU: None, integrated in the CPU
    RAM: 8GB
    Stock fan, stock motherboard

:)

Margister, Jun 30, 2016

2. Cpu Usage by LockAppHost.exe

I have found that on my Windows 10 workstation sometimes I'll hear my CPU fan very spinning very fast/loud while the computer is idle and the lock screen is on. Then as soon as I unlock it, the CPU fan slows down. I wrote a little CPU monitoring application
    to see what process was causing the issue, and lo and behold the LockAppHost.exe process is the culprit. It frequently pegs the CPU at 99% while the computer is idle. I have not found a solution for the problem, nor do I know what LockAppHost.exe does.
    The workaround that I have for now is that my CPU monitoring app will automatically kill LockAppHost.exe if it sees it spike the CPU. Killing the process has not caused any problems with Windows.

yafyasdfew, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Fan runs constantly

Hi,

The fan in the laptop is constantly running to cool down the cpu and it is normal for it to increase it's speed, your fan should run quietly even it increases the rpm. But if you hear a loud noise in the fan, there may the issue with CPU utilization which
    increases the temperature in the system.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 30, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Sounds like fan bearing going dry or worn out. Those stock, OEM coolers and their fans from AMD are atrocious.

CountMike, Jul 1, 2016
Thema:

1. CPU Fan being loud and slowing down, then squeeking - Similar Threads - CPU Fan being

2. fans will NOT slow down... 100% ALL THE TIME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fans will NOT slow down... 100% ALL THE TIME: start my win 10 PC and fans instantly go to 100% and don't slow down at all. I've disabled all startup stuff, but still fan 100% all the time. speedfan and other fan control programs can't find the fan to adjust it manually. i think it's time Microsoft included a fan...
  3. fans will NOT slow down... 100% ALL THE TIME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fans will NOT slow down... 100% ALL THE TIME: start my win 10 PC and fans instantly go to 100% and don't slow down at all. I've disabled all startup stuff, but still fan 100% all the time. speedfan and other fan control programs can't find the fan to adjust it manually. i think it's time Microsoft included a fan...
  4. fans will NOT slow down... 100% ALL THE TIME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fan suddenly loud?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fan suddenly loud?: When I opened up my laptop, it opened up a fan app, I clicked out of it and the laptop just starts to blare its fan. Is there a solution to this? submitted by /u/Umbrascript [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5pzc1/fan_suddenly_loud/
  6. Very Loud Fan noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very Loud Fan noise: Hi, Today suddenly laptop fan became noisy. To add, it happened at-least 3 times, that the fan noise was very very high for 2 minutes or so. Laptop was working quite well till yesterday, but today even when I login to windows, the fan starts and so is the noise. I reset...
  7. PC Fans Running Loud

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Fans Running Loud: Ok Peeps. I need some help. I didn't have this problem until I installed 2004. . . I haven't gotten all of my programs loaded, but my fans are running high and loud for some reason. I first thought it was Chrome hogging the CPU Resource, but it isn't. I know I probably need...
  8. Loud laptop fan noise

Loud laptop fan noise: I have an Asus laptop and it's a quite old model. It originally had a hdd and I changed it to ssd. It did improve the performance speed but the fan is making louder noise than hdd. The laptop also heat up faster especially the palm rest. The air come out from the cooling fan...
  9. Loud fan exhaust sound.

Loud fan exhaust sound.: After latest windows update fan exhaust sound is too loud, not even in one laptop but in 3 laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loud-fan-exhaust-sound/2fc4949e-51bf-4f90-89b1-07dcadd2116e
  10. Laptop fan suddenly loud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan suddenly loud: The cpu usage is only high for a short timeafter boot, it is definetely not hot, randomly yesterday it just started to became loud (fairly new laptop) Asus x541u.When i shut down the pc the fan still goes for a bit,any ideas?(it’s not dust) 103801