Windows 10: CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan

Discus and support CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey all! So I was having issues with my cooler and replaced it recently with the 212 RGB Black edition. Naturally I put the cpu fan connecter on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Vellaura, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Vellaura Win User

CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan

Hey all! So I was having issues with my cooler and replaced it recently with the 212 RGB Black edition. Naturally I put the cpu fan connecter on the heatsink to the cpu fan header and I put the previous back exhaust fan that was connected to the radiator next to it, which was a opt_fan I think.

I booted up normally on 1 beep but then got a cpu fan error.

So I put the back exhaust that was originally part of the AIO on the cpu connector and put the fan thats part of the heatsink onto pwr_fan. And it booted up all sweet. My temps are idling around 35C. For anyone that remembers me from another post I was having issues with my AIO temps going up erratically, it did its time after all these years *Biggrin.

I normally wouldn't have a problem but the only thing is, all the other fans except the heatsink fans are running at around 900rpm, the heatsink fan runs at 2000, which is making it pretty noisy, i mean its not bad, but it feels a bit like its working too hard for no reason. I picked this cpu cooler because it had good reviews on temp and silence.

So to clarify, the exhaust fan thats at the back is connected to the cpu_fan, running at 900rpm, i'm assuming thats automatic, as it runs slower/faster based on cpu temp? The fan on the heatink connected to pwr_fan is running at 2000rpm.

Could someone possible give me some tips I could try. I thought about putting the cpu fan on the cpu fan connector and the old AIO exhaust on the pwr_fan, good old switcheroo but I dunno. I had a look in bios but didn't wana tinker with anything.

Thank you

CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan [​IMG]

I have a total of 5 fans, cpuid is showing 4 :/ Going to take a screenshot of the inside of the case in the afternoon to give you guys a better idea.

:)

Vellaura, Nov 12, 2020

2. My odd fan is not working

So i got back from holiday for about 3 weeks and when i came back and turn on my computer it said

”ODD FAN Speed Error.”

i tried going on the bios setup menu then going on the hardware monitor. It said that my cpu fan 1, 2, chassis fan and the ps fan was running except for my odd fan which was 0, the rest were at around 2000RPM. If there is a solution to this please tell me
    right away and also i do not have/own a pc myself.

thank you

ArelleSuarez, Nov 12, 2020
  3. CPU fan error

it wont give problems, did your CPU fan is running now?

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Nov 12, 2020
  4. CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan

CPU fan error

I get the 511 cpu fan not detected and press F1, yet when the computer boots up, the fan is running. I am using windows 10. Why do I keep getting this when I turn on my desk top?

JaniceWiegartner, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan

1. CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan - Similar Threads - CPU Fan Error

2. 511-cpu fan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    511-cpu fan: ======================================== 511-cpu fan not detected 511-cpu fan not detected when I start the computer a screen notice reads: "511-cpu fan not detectedF:1 BOOT" ---------------------- This situation has existed from the day I opened the box; apparently this...
  3. cpu fan running

in Windows 10 Customization
    cpu fan running: CPU fan going up and down seconds after startup. Computer is new. Goes up and down all day. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-fan-running/1000fe4a-b302-4583-ba76-bdd0e386d239
  4. CPU fan error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU fan error: I get the 511 cpu fan not detected and press F1, yet when the computer boots up, the fan is running. I am using windows 10. Why do I keep getting this when I turn on my desk top?...
  5. Cpu fan problem?

Cpu fan problem?: Hello. So today I checked my PC temps from aida64 and saw something strange. CPU temp was jumping to 2000, 1800 then 1000rpm and then didn't show at all. Ofc I checked my CPU fan right away but it was working normal. Then I checked maybe it's something with bios and same...
  6. Cpu fan problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cpu fan problem?: Hello. So today I checked my PC temps from aida64 and saw something strange. CPU temp was jumping to 2000, 1800 then 1000rpm and then didn't show at all. Ofc I checked my CPU fan right away but it was working normal. Then I checked maybe it's something with bios and same...
  7. CPU fan issues

CPU fan issues: Hey everyone, Been digging around for a few days and haven't been able to find an answer myself so I figured I try here. My CPU (i7-6700k) has been running hot (90'C+). The other day I noticed the fan wasn't even spinning while that hot and even when hitting 100'C. Also...
  8. cpu fan

cpu fan: will the cpu fan run without the o/s installed-----putting together a new system and testing individual pieces 66923
  9. CPU Fan Not Working?

CPU Fan Not Working?: If the pc is on and CPU fan is stopped running than what will happen? 55677
  10. CPU Fan control error

CPU Fan control error: My laptop is HP 8470p. This problem happened only after I install the Anniversary update. My CPU fan sometimes does not increase speed when the temperature increase. And sometime when it running at full speed with high CPU temperature, it suddenly slow down (not off and CPU...