Windows 10: CPU fan issues

Discus and support CPU fan issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone, Been digging around for a few days and haven't been able to find an answer myself so I figured I try here. My CPU (i7-6700k) has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MurFDurF, Jun 9, 2018.

1. MurFDurF Win User

CPU fan issues

Hey everyone,

Been digging around for a few days and haven't been able to find an answer myself so I figured I try here.

My CPU (i7-6700k) has been running hot (90'C+). The other day I noticed the fan wasn't even spinning while that hot and even when hitting 100'C. Also noticed my CPU cooler was making weird sounds, so I went ahead and order a replacement (Corsair Hydro Series H60). Got it today and after finally getting that thing figured out and installed...no change. I made sure everything was connected properly, went to corsairs website to make sure no downloads were required, went into bios and messed with the CPU fan, updated the BIOs and even downloaded an App that could mess with the CPU fan (speedfan) and still cant get the fan to move. Im sitting above 70' almost immediately and around 90'c most of the time. Would really love any ideas, I'm really close to handing this off to some more computer savvy types and letting them have at it.

Thanks

:)

MurFDurF, Jun 9, 2018
  2. NickOttWU Win User

CPU fan not working properly

The fans are always idle no matter how hot the cpu gets, its hottest ive seen it at is 83 degrees Celsius. the cooling policy is active but they always run low idle, they used to speed up all the time now they don't.does anybody have any suggestions?

Original Title: Fans are always idle

NickOttWU, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and CPU fans

I have the opposite trouble.

Before W10 and even some time after that, the CPU fan boosted to max speed when gamming or deep usage applications. Also, everytime when sutting down the PC, the CPU sterting to run max-speed a few seconds before shutting down, which i think is a cool feature
    to prevent damage because last second high temperatures and fan not working.

But now this does not happen any longer. The CPU fan works all the time, but at minimal speed, even when the temperatures go skyrocket-high, and the fan never speed-up.

I understand that CPU fan at max speed full time can be annoying, but this issue is hurting my computer, quite a bit, and I think that this will not make it last much longer.

Please, help.

SpeedFAN app can't allow me to control the FAN speed but is indicating an alarming 80º C bot CPU and GPU, and W10 does not allow to enter bios to check things like that.

hope Microsoft understands.

Pablo MiguelSaval Sendra, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

CPU fan issues

1. CPU fan issues - Similar Threads - CPU fan issues

2. CPU lag spikes and Fan issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU lag spikes and Fan issues: I have a lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3, and everything was fine with my PC until yesterday evening. I didn't download anything, or change any settings, but I started noticing that in EVERY game that I play, my CPU spikes to 100% every 20-30 seconds. When the CPU spikes to 100%, my...
  3. CPU lag spikes and Fan issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU lag spikes and Fan issues: I have a lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3, and everything was fine with my PC until yesterday evening. I didn't download anything, or change any settings, but I started noticing that in EVERY game that I play, my CPU spikes to 100% every 20-30 seconds. When the CPU spikes to 100%, my...
  4. CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan: Hey all! So I was having issues with my cooler and replaced it recently with the 212 RGB Black edition. Naturally I put the cpu fan connecter on the heatsink to the cpu fan header and I put the previous back exhaust fan that was connected to the radiator next to it, which was...
  5. cpu fan running

in Windows 10 Customization
    cpu fan running: CPU fan going up and down seconds after startup. Computer is new. Goes up and down all day. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-fan-running/1000fe4a-b302-4583-ba76-bdd0e386d239
  6. CPU fan error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU fan error: I get the 511 cpu fan not detected and press F1, yet when the computer boots up, the fan is running. I am using windows 10. Why do I keep getting this when I turn on my desk top?...
  7. Cpu fan problem?

Cpu fan problem?: Hello. So today I checked my PC temps from aida64 and saw something strange. CPU temp was jumping to 2000, 1800 then 1000rpm and then didn't show at all. Ofc I checked my CPU fan right away but it was working normal. Then I checked maybe it's something with bios and same...
  8. Cpu fan problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cpu fan problem?: Hello. So today I checked my PC temps from aida64 and saw something strange. CPU temp was jumping to 2000, 1800 then 1000rpm and then didn't show at all. Ofc I checked my CPU fan right away but it was working normal. Then I checked maybe it's something with bios and same...
  9. cpu fan

cpu fan: will the cpu fan run without the o/s installed-----putting together a new system and testing individual pieces 66923
  10. CPU Fan Not Working?

CPU Fan Not Working?: If the pc is on and CPU fan is stopped running than what will happen? 55677

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cpu fan at max speed