Windows 10: CPU Fan Not Working?

Discus and support CPU Fan Not Working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If the pc is on and CPU fan is stopped running than what will happen? 55677 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by omkar, Jul 7, 2016.

1. omkar Win User

CPU Fan Not Working?

If the pc is on and CPU fan is stopped running than what will happen?

:)

omkar, Jul 7, 2016
  2. joe123cal Win User

Unable to fix Windows 10 CPU FAN ERROR

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. It worked fine for a month until 2nd windows update. In every boot comes the Cpu fan error. I entered Bios and change the cpu fan speed from 600 to 500 and was able to boot; next time same error tried to change any thing
    related to the cpu fan and the same thing again and again. My antec has 4 fans all working fine ; the cpu has a cooler master which I changed for a new one. This is going for 10 days and my blood pressure is going up and I do not find any answer. The cooler
    fan is connected to the cpu fan in motherboard. Please somebody help, I will appreciate. Thanks

joe123cal, Jul 7, 2016
  3. I it possible for my server software to run in a sleep mode?

How would I leave the CPU fan on but the external fans off? Thanks for the help.

DannyPiper, Jul 7, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

CPU Fan Not Working?

It will:

Shut off if you are lucky - thermal shutdown.

If not and will not boot next time you try with a working fan - toast.

(an aside to all TF members - is this Facepalm Friday or what?)

RWOne, Jul 7, 2016
  5. flybynite Win User
    You can burn up you cpu. Actually my computer will not start with fan not working.

flybynite, Jul 7, 2016
  6. AndreyT Win User
    It depends on your setup.

Many motherboars have BIOS settings that will make the board to issue an audible alarm if CPU fan (or any other fan) stops spinning or spins too slowly. Whether your motherboard has such feature and whether it is enabled - only you can know.

Otherwise, in many cases it might turn out that even when the dedicated CPU fan stops, case fans still provide enough airflow to sufficiently cool the CPU heatsink (often the case with a tower-type heatsink located close to a case fan). Whether it applies to you - only you can know.

Otherwise, if you let the computer run without adequate CPU cooling, the CPU will overheat. Thermal sensors in the CPU will shut it down abruptly.

After that, once the CPU cools down sufficiently, your computer will typically boot up again. Until the CPU overheats again, of course.

AndreyT, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CPU Fan Not Working?

1. CPU Fan Not Working? - Similar Threads - CPU Fan Working

2. Cpu fan and keyboard, mouse isn't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cpu fan and keyboard, mouse isn't working: Hello,MyQ CPU fan and keyboard, mouse isn't working. My motherboard name: Asus H110CPU: Intel pentium G4400Ram: 84+4GBGPU: gigabyte GeForce 710My CPU is heating whene I start my PC. I already changed my ram but it's still not working. I think everything is working perfectly...
  3. Cpu fan and keyboard, mouse isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu fan and keyboard, mouse isn't working: Hello,MyQ CPU fan and keyboard, mouse isn't working. My motherboard name: Asus H110CPU: Intel pentium G4400Ram: 84+4GBGPU: gigabyte GeForce 710My CPU is heating whene I start my PC. I already changed my ram but it's still not working. I think everything is working perfectly...
  4. Cpu fan and keyboard, mouse isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fans stopped working and cpu clock is locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fans stopped working and cpu clock is locked: My laptop was operating just fine until yesterday. Today I kept used my laptop without noticing any problems. At one point, the processing speed decreased suddenly and I felt heat under my laptop. First, I thought it is overheating problem and restarted the computer which...
  6. CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan: Hey all! So I was having issues with my cooler and replaced it recently with the 212 RGB Black edition. Naturally I put the cpu fan connecter on the heatsink to the cpu fan header and I put the previous back exhaust fan that was connected to the radiator next to it, which was...
  7. cpu fan running

in Windows 10 Customization
    cpu fan running: CPU fan going up and down seconds after startup. Computer is new. Goes up and down all day. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-fan-running/1000fe4a-b302-4583-ba76-bdd0e386d239
  8. Cpu fan problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cpu fan problem?: Hello. So today I checked my PC temps from aida64 and saw something strange. CPU temp was jumping to 2000, 1800 then 1000rpm and then didn't show at all. Ofc I checked my CPU fan right away but it was working normal. Then I checked maybe it's something with bios and same...
  9. CPU fan issues

CPU fan issues: Hey everyone, Been digging around for a few days and haven't been able to find an answer myself so I figured I try here. My CPU (i7-6700k) has been running hot (90'C+). The other day I noticed the fan wasn't even spinning while that hot and even when hitting 100'C. Also...
  10. cpu fan

cpu fan: will the cpu fan run without the o/s installed-----putting together a new system and testing individual pieces 66923