Windows 10: CPU fan revs up after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support CPU fan revs up after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; CPU fan revs up after windows 10 upgrade I have 6 computers in my home I have upgraded them all to windows 10 currently 1903. When on the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MilesDudley, Aug 23, 2019.

1. CPU fan revs up after windows 10 upgrade

CPU fan revs up after windows 10 upgrade

I have 6 computers in my home I have upgraded them all to windows 10 currently 1903.

When on the internet (any browser) my CPU fan on 2 of my machines races up and down after one of the updates. At time it goes to full speed.

This seems to be a common problem but with no real solution.

This is NOT a dust/derbies problem and my heat sink does not need replaced nor does the paste as this is happening on my machines after the update.

I have tried changing the settings and even went into the bios to see if I could change the temp setting which is not an option on these 2 machines.

Both machines are Dell's but different models. different processors, different graphic cards.

Please help!

:)

MilesDudley, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving

Sounds like your CPU cooling may be insufficient. Do the lag spikes correspond to temperature spikes and or CPU frequency drops?

You can use HWiNFO - Hardware Information, Analysis and Monitoring Tools to monitor whether your CPU hits thermal throttling (or you can use your temperature/frequency monitor of choice to see if CPU frequency drops).

CPU fan revs up after windows 10 upgrade [​IMG]

PolarNettles, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Fan keeps running after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Install all pending Windows and driver updates in your PC. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa
    on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested.

CPU fan noise after Windows 10 install

Do let us know if fan still keeps running. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

1. CPU fan revs up after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - CPU fan revs

2. BSOD after CPU fan change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after CPU fan change: Hello,I have changed the CPU fan in my new computer and since that time my system crashes everytime I use it.Sometimes in short time, sometimes after a few hours.The last 3 blue screen errors were as below: 091923-5187-01.dmp 9/19/2023 7:24:43 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION...
  3. BSOD after CPU fan change

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after CPU fan change: Hello,I have changed the CPU fan in my new computer and since that time my system crashes everytime I use it.Sometimes in short time, sometimes after a few hours.The last 3 blue screen errors were as below: 091923-5187-01.dmp 9/19/2023 7:24:43 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION...
  4. Windows 11 blackscreen and fan rev

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 blackscreen and fan rev: Hi, my computer has been experiencing an issue for the last few months, where it will blackscreen when under load games like cyberpunk and apex legends, and the event viewer spits out a critical 41 Kernel Power issue. I have replaced my motherboard and upgraded my CPU which I...
  5. Windows 11 blackscreen and fan rev

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 blackscreen and fan rev: Hi, my computer has been experiencing an issue for the last few months, where it will blackscreen when under load games like cyberpunk and apex legends, and the event viewer spits out a critical 41 Kernel Power issue. I have replaced my motherboard and upgraded my CPU which I...
  6. CPU Fan constantly on after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU Fan constantly on after update: After the latest win security update, my CPU Fan is constantly on. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-fan-constantly-on-after-update/6d9ab7aa-66bb-4650-88ed-8c118a2d7337
  7. Power supply fan revs for no reason.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power supply fan revs for no reason.: It revs up when i start my computer (fully start or from hibernation). Then gradually slows down to normal. But sometimes it stays a notch above normal. I know its not an heating issue cause same behaviour happened with earlier power supply hence i changed it; also it revs...
  8. Noisy fan after upgrading to windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Noisy fan after upgrading to windows 10.: i had windows 7 for years and I loved it.. I decided to upgrade to windows 10 yesterday and the fan noise.. I cant stand it. on windows 7 I almost never heard my fan even when I played heavy stuff and even when my cpu was extremely high. but now my cpu with windows 10 is...
  9. Fresh Windows 10. Case fan/LEDs and CPU fan stay on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fresh Windows 10. Case fan/LEDs and CPU fan stay on after shutdown: I just built a new PC. All parts are brand new. Here are the specs: CPU: Intel i3-8100 GPU: NVidia 1050ti Motherboard: MSI B360M Gaming Plus RAM: 1x8 Gb G.SKill 3000 MHz Storage: Samsung 960Evo 500 Gb OS: Windows 10 Pro PSU: Evga bronze 80+ 500W Case: Rosewill Gram...
  10. cpu fan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cpu fan: will the cpu fan run without the o/s installed-----putting together a new system and testing individual pieces 66923

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu fan revs after windows 10 update

2. windows 10 constantly revving up fan cpu