Windows 10: cpu fan running

Discus and support cpu fan running in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; CPU fan going up and down seconds after startup. Computer is new. Goes up and down all day. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by europabill, Aug 11, 2019.

1. cpu fan running

CPU fan going up and down seconds after startup. Computer is new. Goes up and down all day. Thanks

:)

europabill, Aug 11, 2019

2. CPU Fan runs constantly

Hi,

We would like to know the following information to assist you better regarding CPU fan issue.

• Does the fan runs constantly fast or do you hear any noise?
    • Have you tried updating all the drivers of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • What is the memory/disk usage in task manager?

You may check this by typing Task Manager in the search box
      and hit Enter. Check which application
      is taking more memory or disk usage.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 11, 2019
  3. CPU Fan runs constantly

HP Pavilion 23 CPU Fan runs constantly ever since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

QuentinRaubenheimer, Aug 11, 2019
  4. kjl1956 Win User

cpu fan running

Cpu fan not running on cold boot

Thanks for the feedback.

The system has four direct fans that are part of the case.

Four fan headers on the motherboard, two are three pin, two are four pin,

cpu 1 x 3pin, system 1 1x 3 pin, system 2 1 x 4 pin, power 1 x 4 pin.

Cpu water pump is connected on cpu header, cpu fans (2) are connected to system 1 header ,other fan is connected to system fan 2 header, nothing is connected to the power header.

1300 w psu, system is under one year old.

The cpu fan has a fan curve of + 25 % in bios.

The fan has never been set to run in pmw or manual.

Environment ambient temperature is on average 50 to 70 f

When the cpu fans do not run it shows in the bios as such.

Basic io points to a faulty temp sensor on the main board or

temp not high enough to kick the fans on?

Update; cold booted the system, fans run then stop, core temp is under 9 degrees celsius in the bios.

As soon as the cores hit the 9 degrees celsius mark, both fans run normally.

This was not going on until the january 2016 updates and I believe it is windows power management that is causing this issue.

Using a uefi bios that supports win8 as natively but set hat to other os s because I did not know if setting that would be good or bad for the os, hardware, drivers or software.

Still need so help on this.

Update two.

Bios settings for the cpu is clocked at 4.0 ghz.

According to task manager and speccy the cpu is clocking up to 4.7 ghz ( turbo boost).

When cold booting and going into the bios and change anything or just exit out, I receive

a bios warning message about the system not able to boot.

Options are load default options, load optimized options, enter bios; select enter bios, save and exit and pc boots fine.

The os is very stable at this point and can not figure why the bios boot strap is having so many issues detecting and keeping the settings but once the handoff is made it is fine.

kjl1956, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

cpu fan running

1. cpu fan running - Similar Threads - cpu fan running

2. CPU Fan doesn’t work while running Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Fan doesn’t work while running Windows: I’ve been troubleshooting an issue with a Vizio AIO pc, it was randomly shutting off, it had an old HDD which was replaced as it showed an incredible amount of errors and issues. I used clonezilla to duplicate the disk and started it back up. This was done with an Ubuntu live...
  3. CPU Fan doesn’t work while running Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Fan doesn’t work while running Windows: I’ve been troubleshooting an issue with a Vizio AIO pc, it was randomly shutting off, it had an old HDD which was replaced as it showed an incredible amount of errors and issues. I used clonezilla to duplicate the disk and started it back up. This was done with an Ubuntu live...
  4. CPU Fan doesn’t work while running Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My CPU fans can't stop running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My CPU fans can't stop running: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] So this is my problem. My laptop is a Asus ROG Strix SCAR II GL504GS ES060T. I've tried literally everything apart from sending it to warranty. BIOS update, every driver possible, commands in command line, softwares in safe mode, and over 25...
  6. CPU Fan running at full after replacement

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Fan running at full after replacement: I just swapped out my dying CPU Fan for a new one and since, my pc has been running the fan at full nearly constantly, when I’m not doing anything. Any ideas how to fix it? Seems to be a software thing as the fan is throttling up and down every so often. Thanks. submitted by...
  7. cpu fan running high speed all the time?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cpu fan running high speed all the time?: Hello, windos 10. Motherboard changed: Afox 81 More than one processor fan has been changed but: cpu fan running high speed all the time? 147728
  8. cpu fan running high speed all the time?

in Windows 10 Support
    cpu fan running high speed all the time?: Hello, windos 10. Motherboard changed: Afox 81 More than one processor fan has been changed but: cpu fan running high speed all the time? 147728
  9. cpu fan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cpu fan: will the cpu fan run without the o/s installed-----putting together a new system and testing individual pieces 66923
  10. CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10: Hello, everyone. I have posted this in other forums, too, in the hopes of getting some ideas. I recently installed Windows 10 on a desktop computer and everything went as smoothly as it could have, with no problems at all. So, motivated by how well everything went with...