Windows 10: cpu fan running

Discus and support cpu fan running in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; CPU fan going up and down seconds after startup. Computer is new. Goes up and down all day. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by europabill, Aug 11, 2019.

1. cpu fan running

CPU fan going up and down seconds after startup. Computer is new. Goes up and down all day. Thanks

:)

europabill, Aug 11, 2019

2. CPU Fan runs constantly

Hi,

We would like to know the following information to assist you better regarding CPU fan issue.

• Does the fan runs constantly fast or do you hear any noise?
    • Have you tried updating all the drivers of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • What is the memory/disk usage in task manager?

You may check this by typing Task Manager in the search box
      and hit Enter. Check which application
      is taking more memory or disk usage.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 11, 2019
  3. CPU Fan runs constantly

HP Pavilion 23 CPU Fan runs constantly ever since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

QuentinRaubenheimer, Aug 11, 2019
  4. kjl1956 Win User

cpu fan running

Cpu fan not running on cold boot

Thanks for the feedback.

The system has four direct fans that are part of the case.

Four fan headers on the motherboard, two are three pin, two are four pin,

cpu 1 x 3pin, system 1 1x 3 pin, system 2 1 x 4 pin, power 1 x 4 pin.

Cpu water pump is connected on cpu header, cpu fans (2) are connected to system 1 header ,other fan is connected to system fan 2 header, nothing is connected to the power header.

1300 w psu, system is under one year old.

The cpu fan has a fan curve of + 25 % in bios.

The fan has never been set to run in pmw or manual.

Environment ambient temperature is on average 50 to 70 f

When the cpu fans do not run it shows in the bios as such.

Basic io points to a faulty temp sensor on the main board or

temp not high enough to kick the fans on?

Update; cold booted the system, fans run then stop, core temp is under 9 degrees celsius in the bios.

As soon as the cores hit the 9 degrees celsius mark, both fans run normally.

This was not going on until the january 2016 updates and I believe it is windows power management that is causing this issue.

Using a uefi bios that supports win8 as natively but set hat to other os s because I did not know if setting that would be good or bad for the os, hardware, drivers or software.

Still need so help on this.

Update two.

Bios settings for the cpu is clocked at 4.0 ghz.

According to task manager and speccy the cpu is clocking up to 4.7 ghz ( turbo boost).

When cold booting and going into the bios and change anything or just exit out, I receive

a bios warning message about the system not able to boot.

Options are load default options, load optimized options, enter bios; select enter bios, save and exit and pc boots fine.

The os is very stable at this point and can not figure why the bios boot strap is having so many issues detecting and keeping the settings but once the handoff is made it is fine.

kjl1956, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

cpu fan running

1. cpu fan running - Similar Threads - cpu fan running

2. CPU fan error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU fan error: I get the 511 cpu fan not detected and press F1, yet when the computer boots up, the fan is running. I am using windows 10. Why do I keep getting this when I turn on my desk top?...
  3. Cpu fan problem?

Cpu fan problem?: Hello. So today I checked my PC temps from aida64 and saw something strange. CPU temp was jumping to 2000, 1800 then 1000rpm and then didn't show at all. Ofc I checked my CPU fan right away but it was working normal. Then I checked maybe it's something with bios and same...
  4. Cpu fan problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cpu fan problem?: Hello. So today I checked my PC temps from aida64 and saw something strange. CPU temp was jumping to 2000, 1800 then 1000rpm and then didn't show at all. Ofc I checked my CPU fan right away but it was working normal. Then I checked maybe it's something with bios and same...
  5. CPU fan issues

CPU fan issues: Hey everyone, Been digging around for a few days and haven't been able to find an answer myself so I figured I try here. My CPU (i7-6700k) has been running hot (90'C+). The other day I noticed the fan wasn't even spinning while that hot and even when hitting 100'C. Also...
  6. cpu fan

cpu fan: will the cpu fan run without the o/s installed-----putting together a new system and testing individual pieces 66923
  7. CPU Fan Not Working?

CPU Fan Not Working?: If the pc is on and CPU fan is stopped running than what will happen? 55677
  8. CPU Fan control error

CPU Fan control error: My laptop is HP 8470p. This problem happened only after I install the Anniversary update. My CPU fan sometimes does not increase speed when the temperature increase. And sometime when it running at full speed with high CPU temperature, it suddenly slow down (not off and CPU...
  9. Fans constantly running at max despite little use of cpu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fans constantly running at max despite little use of cpu: I was downloading a game on steam and left my computer alone so it could finish the download, when I came back every time I clicked anywhere the fans would start to run on max, but since I had to get to school I didn't have time to solve this so I just shut down the computer...
  10. CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10: Hello, everyone. I have posted this in other forums, too, in the hopes of getting some ideas. I recently installed Windows 10 on a desktop computer and everything went as smoothly as it could have, with no problems at all. So, motivated by how well everything went with...