Windows 10: cpu fan

Discus and support cpu fan in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; will the cpu fan run without the o/s installed-----putting together a new system and testing individual pieces 66923 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robert, Oct 14, 2016.

1. robert Win User

cpu fan

will the cpu fan run without the o/s installed-----putting together a new system and testing individual pieces

:)

robert, Oct 14, 2016
  2. joe123cal Win User

Unable to fix Windows 10 CPU FAN ERROR

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. It worked fine for a month until 2nd windows update. In every boot comes the Cpu fan error. I entered Bios and change the cpu fan speed from 600 to 500 and was able to boot; next time same error tried to change any thing
    related to the cpu fan and the same thing again and again. My antec has 4 fans all working fine ; the cpu has a cooler master which I changed for a new one. This is going for 10 days and my blood pressure is going up and I do not find any answer. The cooler
    fan is connected to the cpu fan in motherboard. Please somebody help, I will appreciate. Thanks

joe123cal, Oct 14, 2016
  3. I it possible for my server software to run in a sleep mode?

How would I leave the CPU fan on but the external fans off? Thanks for the help.

DannyPiper, Oct 14, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

cpu fan

Yes, the motherboard will provide thermal sensing and speed control management for your CPU fan. See your Gigabyte motherboard manual for more info. Tom's Hardware is a good source for information about this kind of thing, too.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 14, 2016
  5. caperjack Win User
    just curious, what pieces,, not all devices can be fully tested with out an OS

caperjack, Oct 14, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    All of the hardware with a Live USB, CD or DVD. All of the hardware should work right out of the box if it is factory packaged. Gone are the days when we had to check parts before assembling systems, because of today's manufacturing process is a lot more stringent.

Just assemble the machine, install the OS and start using. No need to waste time playing around with hardware, unless you are taking a course in a particular field that requires you to find faults in the hardware and then swap and bench test.

bro67, Oct 14, 2016
  7. caperjack Win User
    yes that wold work ,but thats not what op sais ,they said no OS

caperjack, Oct 14, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

cpu fan

Incorrect. He stated no OS installed. That means that they want to play with the hardware for really no reason in this day and age. The average person cannot afford the necessary bench testing equipment if they really want to learn how the hardware works.

When Personal computers started to come out in 1986, we would actually sit and O'Scope and do other testing to check and watch the clock pulses at various testing points, etc, in those shops onboard our ship that had all of the fancy bench gear. A lot of that also had to do with the fact that we knew that all of our early 1970's post-Vietnam era gear would be heading to a Digital infrastructure. It was because of the tooling around with computers like we did, a lot of guys I served with on my ship have gone off to run their own Tech Companies that deal with very specialized hardware and software for the security side of Enterprise computing, along with equipment that got introduced into using on various equipment platforms.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cpu fan

1. cpu fan - Similar Threads - cpu fan

2. My pc keep going to sleep randomly, the display goes off along with the cooler fan in cpu...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc keep going to sleep randomly, the display goes off along with the cooler fan in cpu...: there won't be any light beneath mouse and num lock symbol won't lit up even after pressing num lock in keyboard. While this happens I'm unable to restart the pc using restart switch in the cpu and I'm unable to turn off pc by pressing down on power button in the cpu..the...
  3. My pc keep going to sleep randomly, the display goes off along with the cooler fan in cpu...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keep going to sleep randomly, the display goes off along with the cooler fan in cpu...: there won't be any light beneath mouse and num lock symbol won't lit up even after pressing num lock in keyboard. While this happens I'm unable to restart the pc using restart switch in the cpu and I'm unable to turn off pc by pressing down on power button in the cpu..the...
  4. My pc keep going to sleep randomly, the display goes off along with the cooler fan in cpu...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After disabling my Intergrated GPU in my BIOS, my fans keeps resetting and my cpu dosent boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After disabling my Intergrated GPU in my BIOS, my fans keeps resetting and my cpu dosent boot.: My PC has suddenly stopped starting up. On checking with case open, the CPU fan starts running when the power is turned on, but it stops after about 2-3 seconds, restarts again after about 2-3 seconds and the loop is repeated. There is no beep and nothing appears on the...
  6. After disabling my Intergrated GPU in my BIOS, my fans keeps resetting and my cpu dosent boot.

After disabling my Intergrated GPU in my BIOS, my fans keeps resetting and my cpu dosent boot.: My PC has suddenly stopped starting up. On checking with case open, the CPU fan starts running when the power is turned on, but it stops after about 2-3 seconds, restarts again after about 2-3 seconds and the loop is repeated. There is no beep and nothing appears on the...
  7. I get a black screen and the CPU continues to work, but the CPU fan keeps alternating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a black screen and the CPU continues to work, but the CPU fan keeps alternating...: Hello every bodyI get a black screen and the CPU continues to work, but the CPU fan keeps alternating slowing down and acceleratingCan you please help me to fix it?Computer: Description:The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...
  8. I get a black screen and the CPU continues to work, but the CPU fan keeps alternating...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I get a black screen and the CPU continues to work, but the CPU fan keeps alternating...: Hello every bodyI get a black screen and the CPU continues to work, but the CPU fan keeps alternating slowing down and acceleratingCan you please help me to fix it?Computer: Description:The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...
  9. I get a black screen and the CPU continues to work, but the CPU fan keeps alternating...

10. I changed my CPU fan and when Windows rebooted it says I need to reactivate due to hardware...

I changed my CPU fan and when Windows rebooted it says I need to reactivate due to hardware...: I changed my CPU fan and when Windows rebooted it says I need to reactivate due to hardware change, but I do not have my windows key anymore....