Windows 10: CPU Frequenz auto change

Discus and support CPU Frequenz auto change in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a really weird problem. I like to set my CPU power to 70% max. This keeps my system much cooler. But since the last update I have a problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Martin1982S, Dec 16, 2018.

1. CPU Frequenz auto change

I have a really weird problem.

I like to set my CPU power to 70% max. This keeps my system much cooler.

But since the last update I have a problem.
    The way I start a game, my CPU is simply clocked to MAX.
    In desktop or browser or benchmark, the CPU stays exactly where I set it.
    But when I start a game it is changed automatically.

This problem makes me crazy for hours.

I would like to keep the CPU maximum power where I put it.

Has anyone else the problem or can help me?

:)

Martin1982S, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 16, 2018
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

CPU Frequenz auto change

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

CPU Frequenz auto change

1. CPU Frequenz auto change - Similar Threads - CPU Frequenz auto

2. Screen brightness auto changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness auto changing: Hi, I've got a surface computer, the screen brightness automatically turns up whenever I open a white page. it does so in stages by about 5% brightness every 3 seconds. I've set auto adaptive brightness to off. I've tried changing power settings but there is no option for me...
  3. About auto graphic change

in Windows 10 Customization
    About auto graphic change: When I customize NVDIA graphics colour setting it is automatically change when I am restarting PC .it is automatically goes to its previous position And in personalize when i am doing transparent to start bar . It is automatically untransparent . When i am going to...
  4. Killed by CPU frequency change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Killed by CPU frequency change: So I’ve been running a clean copy of 10 Enterprise x64 for a few months, never had viruses or anything weird done to it. It’s installed on a healthy SSD. The PC is a bit old (Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H, Core i5 4690, 16gb ddr3, GTX 1050Ti) but it’s perfectly fine for Windows 10 and...
  5. CPU and motherboard change?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    CPU and motherboard change?: Hello i have a question if i want to change from a r5 1600 and b350m per vdh to a b450 Tomahawk max and a r7 3700x i can simply exchange this or do i have to reinstall Windows 10? CPU und Mainboard wechsel?
  6. Auto password change in Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto password change in Mail: Hi I'm setting up a new desktop Win10, and I have 6 accounts running via Mail. 5 are a mix of Gmail and Outlook and they work fine, the 6th however is an IMAP account which no matter how many times I install/uninstall/reinstall the password is always changed to a 16-digit...
  7. USB Icon Auto Change

USB Icon Auto Change: Hi, just now when I start using my laptop, I notice that the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" the icon change from USB to Hub/Server icon. Here are the examples:[IMG] When USB Thumb drive plugin [ATTACH] Before Icon on the USB Drive (D:) [ATTACH] After...
  8. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

Changing my MOBO and CPU a: I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build. I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes? My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing...
  9. Dynamic IP auto changed to static

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dynamic IP auto changed to static: Something very weird happened to me and I can't find a solution anywhere. I was working with the Bash shell in Azure, manipulating my VM on Google Chrome. On other tabs were just research through random websites about mysql as well as azure. The only other program I had open...
  10. Keyboard language auto change

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard language auto change: So I have my native keyboard which is a little diffetent from any english one. And I also have that idk how to call that but not windows language but like input language or whatsoever... so I could write those äüöõ and any other symbol (+ - % _ etc.) with my keyboard but...