Windows 10: CPU Going hot after start-up CPU load at up to 20%

Discus and support CPU Going hot after start-up CPU load at up to 20% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a strange problem with my high-end gaming PC. Running Windows 10. Sometimes after boot up which takes 2-3 sec the fans go off and the CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TomekBlaszczyk, May 18, 2020.

1. CPU Going hot after start-up CPU load at up to 20%

I have a strange problem with my high-end gaming PC. Running Windows 10.

Sometimes after boot up which takes 2-3 sec the fans go off and the CPU temperature starts raising. I can tell the PC is doing something very intensive in the background the GPU shows 16% utilization but the task manager shows me 15% CPU usage and 1-6% hard drive utilization. In the meantime, the temperature slowly starts creeping up close to 100deg on each core and then after about 5 minutes the process just stops and everything is back to normal. This only happens after a reboot. I'm running Windows 10 and I'm up to date with all the updates.

I'm suspecting Defender but really I don't know what is causing this?

The PC is configured correctly and everything works as it should except for the occasional booting issues I have described.

Component

Description

CPU

i7-9700K

Video Card

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Aorus 16G Graphics Card

Motherboard

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Storage Drive

Samsung 970 EVO PLUS MZ-V7S1T0BW 1TB M.2 SSD Solid State Drive

RAM

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 2 x 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200

PSU

Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold, 850w

Case

Lian Li Lancool One Digital Tempered Glass Case Black

CPU Cooling

Corsair Hydro Series H5 Liquid Cooler

:)

TomekBlaszczyk, May 18, 2020
  2. Hollett Win User

Is My CPU To Hot?

specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz
    Mainboard Model: ASUS P8H67-M PRO
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. version 1104
    AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
    Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Home 64-bit (Build 17134)

I just recently bought my nephews desktop computer (see above specs). A couple days ago I turned it on and it gave a CPU fan error. Ever since I been using SpeedFan to monitor the temperatures. My CPU temperature is constanly up into the 88-90C range even when I'm not doing anything. And the CPU Fan spped is listed at 645 RPM.

According to Speedfan I don't have any other Fans running but there are two case fans running all the time, one on the back and one on top.

Here are all the temperatures listed by Speedfan at the time of this writing:

System 30C
    CPU 89C
    AUX 90C
    SMIOT4 30C
    SMIOT4 30C
    SMIOT4 30C
    HD1 36C
    HD0 32C
    GPU 40C

Oddly, the only time the temperature seems to come down is when I'm doing something to push up the CPU load and then the fan starts spinning a little bit faster bringing the CPU temperature down. So my system starts out hot and cools down the more I use it, which seems strangly odd somhow.

So is there anything wrong with my system here that I should be concerned about? Do you think I need to replace the CPU fan? Or is there a BIOS setting to speed up the fan?

Hollett, May 18, 2020
  3. Cpu going .40-.50 ghz at 20 percent cpu!

Are you able to get this to happen reliably? How long does the CPU speed stay low?

In HWINFO Sensor Status, start a log when the CPU is running normally.

CPU Going hot after start-up CPU load at up to 20% [​IMG]

Then play your game until you see the CPU speed drop and stop the log.

Also, save reports from when the CPU speed is normal and from when the CPU speed is low. Attach all 4 files to this thread and we can take a look to see what exactly is happening.

PolarNettles, May 18, 2020
  4. SerhiyIA Win User

CPU Going hot after start-up CPU load at up to 20%

'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, May 18, 2020
Thema:

CPU Going hot after start-up CPU load at up to 20%

1. CPU Going hot after start-up CPU load at up to 20% - Similar Threads - CPU Going hot

2. Cpu hot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu hot: Hey,I have msi g65 thin 10UE and today I opened it and was trying to install something and I did but after I installed it my cpu became too hot without doing any tasks and the fans are running like crazy. I thought it was a virus so I did a virus and malware scans using...
  3. Cpu hot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cpu hot: Hey,I have msi g65 thin 10UE and today I opened it and was trying to install something and I did but after I installed it my cpu became too hot without doing any tasks and the fans are running like crazy. I thought it was a virus so I did a virus and malware scans using...
  4. CPU going hot when I starting up my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU going hot when I starting up my computer: Hello. I have the strange problem with my computer. When I starting up, CPU temperature going about 100 degrees for every core but CPU usage is low about 5%.After 20 minutes everything going in normal. At first I thought it was windows problem but when I reinstall windows it...
  5. CPU going hot when I starting up my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU going hot when I starting up my computer: Hello. I have the strange problem with my computer. When I starting up, CPU temperature going about 100 degrees for every core but CPU usage is low about 5%.After 20 minutes everything going in normal. At first I thought it was windows problem but when I reinstall windows it...
  6. CPU going hot when I starting up my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Device Association Service takes up 20% CPU

Device Association Service takes up 20% CPU: My PC just started acting weird, so I checked task manager. I scrolled down until I saw Device Association Service taking up 15-25% of my CPU. It is making my PC very slow. How do I fix this?...
  8. CPU high usage at start up

CPU high usage at start up: My Dell computer is running high CPU 100% at start up and not responding for 3 minutes any applications on my computer. This is happening everyday after since 5 months used. Please help me to how to solve this....
  9. Is My CPU To Hot?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is My CPU To Hot?: specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz Mainboard Model: ASUS P8H67-M PRO BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. version 1104 AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Home 64-bit (Build 17134) I just recently bought my nephews desktop computer (see above...
  10. Cpu going .40-.50 ghz at 20 percent cpu!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cpu going .40-.50 ghz at 20 percent cpu!: Yesterday I just resetted my laptop and I've been experiencing some problems when I play a game my cpu goes 2.6ghz then randomly out of no where it goes .40ghz or .50 the worse part is the percentage of my cpu is only 20-40 no programs making it high or anything, I'm not...