Windows 10: CPU high (process: -ACPI.sys!<symbol disabled>) in Windows 10

Discus and support CPU high (process: -ACPI.sys!) in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Somebody please help. My cpu is 30% running in ideal.I took pic using windows performance recorder. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by devangpatel2, Dec 15, 2019.

1. CPU high (process: -ACPI.sys!) in Windows 10

Somebody please help. My cpu is 30% running in ideal.I took pic using windows performance recorder.

CPU high (process:  -ACPI.sys!<symbol disabled>)  in Windows 10 3ee7e081-3e00-4a33-b2f9-978426fcecc3?upload=true.jpg

:)

devangpatel2, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Rick.T Win User

CPU high (process: -ACPI.sys!) in Windows 10

Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

CPU high (process: -ACPI.sys!) in Windows 10

1. CPU high (process: -ACPI.sys!) in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - CPU high process

2. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  3. Windows Processes Running Abnormally High CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Processes Running Abnormally High CPU: Good morning.I've noticed recently that, even after wiping my hard drive, many Windows default processes are running with abnormally high CPU usage. Programs such as Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation WADGI, since I'll be using it a lot, Antimalware Service Executable, Dism...
  4. Windows Processes Running Abnormally High CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Processes Running Abnormally High CPU: Good morning.I've noticed recently that, even after wiping my hard drive, many Windows default processes are running with abnormally high CPU usage. Programs such as Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation WADGI, since I'll be using it a lot, Antimalware Service Executable, Dism...
  5. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  6. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  7. NTOSKRNL SYSTEM PROCESS HIGH CPU

NTOSKRNL SYSTEM PROCESS HIGH CPU: SOMETIMES WHEN I KEEP MY PC ON AND NOT USING IT THE FANS START TO RAMP UP I NOTICED THAT THE SYSTEM PROCESS IN TASK MANAGER IS HOGGING 30 PERCENT OF MY CPU I DID A SFC SCANNOW IN CMD AND THERE WERE NO INTEGRITY VIOLATIONS THEN I TRIED RESTARTING THE PC THEN IT ALL WENT BACK...
  8. High CPU usage System process ntsokrnl acpi.sys <symbols disabled>

High CPU usage System process ntsokrnl acpi.sys <symbols disabled>: I am using Hp notebook 15-ay122ne for the past 4 years, I decided to upgrade to SSD by replacing the DVD drive using the caddy method. so I can install windows in SSD and store data in HDD. after installing windows 10 in SSD, I noticed that thesystem processalso system...
  9. High CPU usage by system processes in Windows 10

High CPU usage by system processes in Windows 10: I face the problem with Windows 10 pro 18363.778. CPU usage like 99% to 70% like attached photo but once i open task manger the CPU usage goes to 1 to 17 % i tried to install clean image with different hard drive and i face the same problem. Any Suggest ?? [ATTACH]...
  10. Processes causing high CPU use in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Processes causing high CPU use in Windows 10: Hello. I had mentioned in an earlier post that since I upgraded a laptop to Windows 10, the CPU fan kept running on high all the time. I found out the cause of the problem were these two background processes: From Microsoft Background Task Host - backgroundTaskHost.exe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. step how to symbol and disable CPU