Windows 10: CPU Intel i5-6600 fails TPM Health Check Test

Discus and support CPU Intel i5-6600 fails TPM Health Check Test in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Windows PC Health Check test found my Intel i5-6600 CPU not TPM 2.0 supported, All other requirements were OKchecked. How do I find a CPU that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Optimxr77, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Optimxr77 Win User

CPU Intel i5-6600 fails TPM Health Check Test

The Windows PC Health Check test found my Intel i5-6600 CPU not TPM 2.0 supported, All other requirements were OKchecked. How do I find a CPU that is acceptable for Microsoft TPM 2.0 that will allow me to do an upgrade on my ASUS Z170 Pro MB?

:)

Optimxr77, Oct 5, 2021
  2. bobkn Win User

PC Health Check - Windows 11

If they're AMD, there may be an fTPM (firmware TPM) option in the BIOS settings. That performs the TPM function without a discrete TPM module. On my AMD desktops, the feature was disabled by default.

Intel offers the same, but calls it PTT (platform trust technology). It was active on my Lenovo laptop. (CPU is 6th gen, though. Does not qualify.)

However, if your PCs are old (not Intel Gen 8 CPU or newer), the PC Health Check will declare that your PCs don't meet Win11 hardware requirements. Time will tell whether MS keeps that requirement. I have not read of any justification for that (like CPU instructions that aren't available in older processors, even if they are much better than the stated requirements).

Running tpm.msc will verify that TPM is available, and its version number.

bobkn, Oct 6, 2021
  3. philc43 Win User
     HDD TEST

This last BSOD is quite different to the one I analysed before. It is not so clear from the analysis what is causing this system service exception. I would suggest that a check of the hard disk might be worth running. If this looks OK we can move on to RAM testing.

Diagnostics Test [/i] HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

philc43, Oct 6, 2021
  4. Plankton Win User

Video_TDR_Failure (atikmpag.sys) ~ EnhancedStorage-EhStorTcgDrv

More confusion: your listed specs for a CPU is an Intel i5 6600 and your Speccy attachment show a Ryzen R5 with a vega GPU built in/on.

Plankton, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

1. CPU Intel i5-6600 fails TPM Health Check Test - Similar Threads - CPU Intel 6600

2. I have Windows 10 22H2, PC Health Check says my Processor an Intel i5-5200U is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Windows 10 22H2, PC Health Check says my Processor an Intel i5-5200U is not...: PC Health Check shows my Intel i5-5200U is not compatible for an update to Windows 11. The Tables show it qualifies.Has anyone else seen this issue for a possible update to Windows 11....
  3. Health checks !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Health checks !: Hi again, Just a thought ! Is doing a "Clean up image restore health" better than doing a "Scannow" scan? I actually do both occasionally but have read that the "Clean up image" etc is more beneficial! Just a thought, no doubt someone out there will put me right ! PS Any...
  4. Message from PC health check that Intel i5 7200 not supported for win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message from PC health check that Intel i5 7200 not supported for win11 upgrade: Hi AllRather perplexed that my Lenovo laptop with i5 7200 processor is not supported for Win 11 upgrade as per the PC health check..Attached is the screenshot of error. I currently run latest update of Win10Any help appreciated....
  5. Message from PC health check that Intel i5 7200 not supported for win11 upgrade

Message from PC health check that Intel i5 7200 not supported for win11 upgrade: Hi AllRather perplexed that my Lenovo laptop with i5 7200 processor is not supported for Win 11 upgrade as per the PC health check..Attached is the screenshot of error. I currently run latest update of Win10Any help appreciated....
  6. Health Check

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Health Check: Well, Hello.My laptop, an HP Stream, has been in "S" mode, since I bought it.I have been getting notices that I need to free up storage space, for some time.Now, updates won't work.I have bought an SD card, moved temporary files, and images to it. I deleted an app or two, but...
  7. CPU Intel i5-6600 fails TPM Health Check Test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Intel i5-6600 fails TPM Health Check Test: The Windows PC Health Check test found my Intel i5-6600 CPU not TPM 2.0 supported, All other requirements were OKchecked. How do I find a CPU that is acceptable for Microsoft TPM 2.0 that will allow me to do an upgrade on my ASUS Z170 Pro MB?...
  8. Windows 10 Update and PC Health Check app report Intel Core-i5 7200U CPU @2.50 GHz is not...

Windows 10 Update and PC Health Check app report Intel Core-i5 7200U CPU @2.50 GHz is not...: Windows 10 Update app and PC Health Check app report that my Dell Inspiron 15 5567 laptop running Windows 10 21H1 with latest updates "doesn't currently meet all the system requirements for Windows 11" because its processor Intel Core-i5 7200U CPU @2.50 GHz is not supported...
  9. Windows 10 Update and PC Health Check app report Intel Core-i5 7200U CPU @2.50 GHz is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update and PC Health Check app report Intel Core-i5 7200U CPU @2.50 GHz is not...: Windows 10 Update app and PC Health Check app report that my Dell Inspiron 15 5567 laptop running Windows 10 21H1 with latest updates "doesn't currently meet all the system requirements for Windows 11" because its processor Intel Core-i5 7200U CPU @2.50 GHz is not supported...
  10. i5-6600 > Ryzen 5 3600 - A Worthy Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i5-6600 > Ryzen 5 3600 - A Worthy Upgrade?: Hi guys. Since I'm facing a clean install of my system I'm thinking there's no time like the present to upgrade my CPU & motherboard. My question is, is the Ryzen 3600 a worthy upgrade on the i5-6600 and is the Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H a decent low-end motherboard? I do game on...