Windows 10: CPU is maxed out

Discus and support CPU is maxed out in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been experiencing my CPU being maxed out the past couple of weeks. During this time I have equally been trying to find a resolution. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DawnSkinner1, May 4, 2021.

1. CPU is maxed out

I've been experiencing my CPU being maxed out the past couple of weeks. During this time I have equally been trying to find a resolution. Everything I've done is a temporary fix and the issue comes right back.My processor is: IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz with and 64-bit OS and 16gm installed ram of which 15.7 is usableI have Windows 10 Home version 20H2In my task manager the culprit for high CPU is System with the following properties:Application.exeNT Kernel & SystemIn the error log I have found the following:Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/AdminK

:)

DawnSkinner1, May 4, 2021
  2. SackHappy Win User

Overclock cpu max frequency constantly changing in task manager

Hi,

I'm overclocking my Intel 8700k to 5Ghz and every time I check the current frequency in task manager the max is constantly changing. I have high-performance power settings on windows enabled and I have also disabled CPU state and Intel SpeedStep in the BIOS.
    I also noticed that when using other tools to display my GPU and CPU performance they show my CPU max frequency is exactly 5Ghz, why does Task Manager constantly display a constantly changing frequency?

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated

SackHappy, May 4, 2021
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, May 4, 2021
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

CPU is maxed out

INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 4, 2021
Thema:

CPU is maxed out

1. CPU is maxed out - Similar Threads - CPU maxed

2. PC Random Restart - NO BSOD - No Overheat _ No MAX CPU or MAX Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Random Restart - NO BSOD - No Overheat _ No MAX CPU or MAX Memory: Hello All,I am hoping you can assist with something that has been plaguing me for the last few weeks.I have a Laptop see specs below that keeps rebooting, seemingly at random with no BSOD. I have it set to not automatically reboot, so that I should be getting a crash warning...
  3. PC Random Restart - NO BSOD - No Overheat _ No MAX CPU or MAX Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Random Restart - NO BSOD - No Overheat _ No MAX CPU or MAX Memory: Hello All,I am hoping you can assist with something that has been plaguing me for the last few weeks.I have a Laptop see specs below that keeps rebooting, seemingly at random with no BSOD. I have it set to not automatically reboot, so that I should be getting a crash warning...
  4. PC Random Restart - NO BSOD - No Overheat _ No MAX CPU or MAX Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CPU Maxing out for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Maxing out for no reason: My cpu is mostly always maxing out for no reason. When ever I close a high usage program, another program began to use up cpu usage and this happens to every program I close. It's as if my cpu is trying to find any way to max out to 100%. It slows down my pc a lot and I got...
  6. CPU Maxing out for no reason

CPU Maxing out for no reason: My cpu is mostly always maxing out for no reason. When ever I close a high usage program, another program began to use up cpu usage and this happens to every program I close. It's as if my cpu is trying to find any way to max out to 100%. It slows down my pc a lot and I got...
  7. CPU's clock speed doesn't reach max when I'm playing a game but randomly reacher top speed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU's clock speed doesn't reach max when I'm playing a game but randomly reacher top speed...: Usually my cpu's clock speed never goes above 3.90GHz maybe 1 or 2 over but never gets to 4GHz even though i believ It's top speed is 4.20GHz I belive this is the second time it happened that i started my laptop and randomly the speed is above 4GHz and not going down, I had...
  8. CPU's clock speed doesn't reach max when I'm playing a game but randomly reacher top speed...

CPU's clock speed doesn't reach max when I'm playing a game but randomly reacher top speed...: Usually my cpu's clock speed never goes above 3.90GHz maybe 1 or 2 over but never gets to 4GHz even though i believ It's top speed is 4.20GHz I belive this is the second time it happened that i started my laptop and randomly the speed is above 4GHz and not going down, I had...
  9. CPU and RAM almost maxed out by system, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU and RAM almost maxed out by system, how to fix?: How am I supposed to use my computer with this going on?*** Is there a way to stop the system doing whatever it is doing? I've only got Microsoft Word open and the computer sounds like it's about to take off using the cooling fan. Ryzen 5 3500U 2.1GHz, 8gb ram***Couldn't...
  10. CPU and RAM almost maxed out by system, how to fix?

CPU and RAM almost maxed out by system, how to fix?: How am I supposed to use my computer with this going on?*** Is there a way to stop the system doing whatever it is doing? I've only got Microsoft Word open and the computer sounds like it's about to take off using the cooling fan. Ryzen 5 3500U 2.1GHz, 8gb ram***Couldn't...